• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Total-Krig said:
I dont really know I havent done much to improve relations. Mayby The anschluss did it?
You know that Mussolini wasn't really friendly to the Anschluß... :)

Keep it coming!

Anibal said:
You know that Mussolini wasn't really friendly to the Anschluß... :)

Keep it coming!

Makes sense if you look at it from his perspective and time. And Thx.

=¤=EAST ASIA 1939=¤=

(Frontline reporting)

12 of Feb. 1939.

(japanes pocket)

29 of Feb. 1939.

(pocket saved)

4 of May 1939.

(Japanese retreat)

29 of Aug. 1939.

(Overall view of frontline)

Apparently some kind of battle have occured between the USSR and the Empire of Japan. We have no idea what this means.

=¤= Europe 1939=¤=

The Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact.

A treaty proposal, that will seal the faith of the decadent western democracies and their lapdog, Poland. (or my enemy´s enemy is my friend). The faith of Eastern Europe is divided between the Third Reich and the U.S.S.R.

The Soviets accept the proposal:

The German people, have a rightfull claim to former german territory, lost during the great war. The German embassy in Warsaw demands the return of these territories. On the 24 of August 1939.

The Polish goverment ponders what to do next...

So be it. The polish decision is most annoying. A new proposal must be made. Somebody in the Foreign ministery mutters the word: "ULTIMATUM".
And so it is. A final ultimatum is drafted in Berlin and presented to the Poles.

Tensions are mounting in Berlin as the deadline approches.

WAR!

=¤= Military-Tekno survey=¤=

(September 1939)

Major Armies of the world:

Major Airforces of the world:

Major Navies of the world:

Tekno-NewsFlazh:

=¤=The German Army=¤=

Plan for the attack on Poland.

The German Army consist of 3 Regular Army Groups. And 1 Heavy Army Group.

Apart from the above mentioned the German army fields:

8. Heavy Garrision Korps (western Front)

3. Mtn. korps. (Western Front and The Alps)

2. Panzer korps. (Polish Campaign)

1. Cav. Korps (Hamburg Region)

Plus a few independent divsions. (Hamburg Region)

Plus the Hungarian Army consisting of 8 Inf. Korps. (Slovakia and the western front)

Below we will take a look at the 1. regular army group. It has been beefed up with Eng. Brigades unlike Army group 2. and 3.

=¤= 1. Army Group =¤=

(A detailed look at a German army Group)

The 1. Army Group Was formed in East Prussia in 1938. Initially tasked with defending this German pocket, it was based on 4 Inf. Korps and 1 HQ.
Each korps consist of 3 Inf. Divsions with attached Eng. Brigades. All korps leaders have been chosen for their ability to lead an Offensive operation.

The Leader of Army Group 1 is the General Von Leeb.
noted for his ability to lead both Offensive and Defensive operations. (in the generalstaffs wargame simulations that is...)

Now when war has broken out the Highcommand has activated 1st and 3rd Korps from 1. Army Group for offensive operations.

1. Army Groups HQ, have been promised heavy airsupport for the attack and hopefully the Eastern river can be used as a defensive terrain if and when the Poles Lauch a counterattack.

Coming up:

- A few details on the 2. and 3. Army Group.

- An indepth look, at the Heavy German army Group, based on the divsions from the old Austrian army.

1936 infantry? Ouch, that is going to hurt!

If you want a united Europe, you will have to destroy your allies too. ;)

Anibal said:
You know that Mussolini wasn't really friendly to the Anschluß

IRL, Mussolini supported Hitler in the Anschluss of Austria

But there was still a big problem for Hitler. He wasn't sure how Italy's powerful Fascist leader, Benito Mussolini, would react to a German invasion of Austria. And so Hitler rushed off an emissary to Rome bearing a personal letter justifying the coming military action and pleading for Mussolini's approval...yada yada yada...Then came the news Hitler had been waiting to hear from Mussolini. Hitler was informed by telephone that Austria was considered "immaterial" to the Italian dictator. There would be no interference with the Nazi invasion.

"Tell Mussolini I will never forget him for this!" Hitler told his envoy on the telephone. "Never, never, never, no matter what happens...I shall stick to him whatever may happen, even if the whole world gangs up on him!"

This also shows the relationship between Italy and Germany during ww2

Good AAR

Von Uber said:
1936 infantry? Ouch, that is going to hurt!

I know its shocking how badly prepared the Army is.

Carthade said:
Poland, 73 infantry divisions?! :wacko:

Makes it easier to hit something ;)

Earth's Savior said:
If you want a united Europe, you will have to destroy your allies too. ;)

I Kind of imagined it as an evil EU (if you dont allready consider the EU to be evil :D )

Something along the lines of this Movie/book description of Vaterland:

http://hem.passagen.se/replikant/fatherland.htm

Phoenix Dace said:
Poland has a larger army than you, not counting your garrisons.

Just something worth noting.

See second post above and first for that matter.

Kaiser Franz said:
nicely done....i like it! keep it up, a good read, most captivating

Thx

shadow_kotten said:
IRL, Mussolini supported Hitler in the Anschluss of Austria This also shows the relationship between Italy and Germany during ww2
Good AAR

Thx.

Crilloan said:
I really love to see how you group your army.

I usually end up in a mess, this is informative stuff

/C

Thx. Happy you like it. I must admit that Kaos has a way of sneaking in to my armies as well. But at least you feel like an armchair general.

=¤=The Polish Campaign=¤=

The strategic situation. Beginning of the Polish Campaign.

2400 hrs. 30, of August. 1939.

(German Front)

(Slovak Front)

Heavy Army Group

The Former Austrian Army is now the pride of the Wehrmacht. Renamed Heavy Army Group. The German Highcommand consideres it to be a slow but deadly juggernaught on the battlefield. Target: Warsawa.

Lead by the Brilliant general Heinrici. A master in defensive combat and the art of fortressbusting

The Heavy Army Group is equipped with the newest weapons the German industry can produce. Lead by Korps officers trained in the diffucult task of Engineering
Each Korps is Supplemented with 1 Art. brigades, 1 AT. brigades and 1 AA. brigade. The Heavy Army Group consist of 5 Korps

(5. Korps is still reforming to the new 1939 doctrines)

A short review of 2. Army Group.

Mission Target: Trap and destroy as many Enemy Divisions as possible. Deny the enemy the use of internal lines.

A short review of 3. Army Group.

Mission Target: Trap and destroy as many Enemy Divsiions as possible. Deny the enemy the use of internal lines.

I. and II. Panzer Korps.

Campaign Mission:

Create enemy infantery pockets and II. Panzer Korps is tasked with spearheading the crossing of the Warsaw river

The Polish Goverment is now Social conservative. To the dismay of the German foreign office that newer noticed the change from Paternal Autocrat to rightwing democracy.

(This is a bit annoying that I didnt notice that the goverment of Poland is now democratic. Normally it should be Paternal Autocrat, No? Which means that their organisation is halved! Making defeating them easy)

kenneththegreat said:
Why are there yen symbols in front of army names?

Makes it easiere to distinguish Krops when you let the cursor hang over a stack in the game. But also for estetic reasons.