• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Snake IV said:
Do you think it will work? Personly I never use much of those links.

Its worth a try. I admit I don't use them a lot but sometimes I do. Also I wasn't even aware you had a AAR going until you posted in Saulta's AAR. I've read a lot of your posts recently in various forums perhaps I would have seen it in your sig. Its worth a shot anyway doesn't cost anything. Do it in big letters maybe....

Duke of Wellington said:
Its worth a try. I admit I don't use them a lot but sometimes I do. Also I wasn't even aware you had a AAR going until you posted in Saulta's AAR. I've read a lot of your posts recently in various forums perhaps I would have seen it in your sig. Its worth a shot anyway doesn't cost anything. Do it in big letters maybe....
OK i'll try it.

Die freie Stadt Mainz - A great hunt for glory

Although Mainz now was in peace and nothing really threatened is immediate existence times were not good. The economy was so poor that Mainz barley had money for the tiny army of just 4000 men. Mainz ran out of money so a loan was taken. Too increase the economic situation Mainz eyes again fell on the English Netherlands, still a rich area which would boom the economy if taken. The army was ordered to wait on the border to England until a declaration of war was made. At this time Austria went in war against the Ottoman Empire September 1637 so they would probably not bother anyone else now. War was declared on England in October and Mainz’s army crossed the border and begun to take control of the area. As hoped both France and Poland joined the war on England and now also Aragon not leaving Mainz alone. A big English army was spotted by the spies which were send out. No French help was in sight so the army retreated waiting for reinforcements from Paris.

antwerp.gif

Painting of a statue outside Antwerp from the time of the English Franco war of 1637-1640

After some time France send their army to the battlefield. At first the Englishmen was successful hunting them back in their own country but after about two years of fighting France had eliminated the English treat and was doing their best to take full control of the province of Flandern. Mainz thought that this was not right. The area should not be English nor French. But there were nothing to do. The army was send to Flandern hoping for that the Frenchmen would have to leave before finish their task. To everyone’s surprise they left. Mainz continued the task but at the time they found out that there was not even a possibility to stay in the area. They were just to weak. The army retreated but soon made a second attempt, this time more successful. However did a small English force attack to drive the Germans off. They lost the battle which was fought but Mainz still had to leave. However reinforcements were soon ready to marsh from the little German town towards the coast when the main force did another unsuccessful attempt. This was however too late and Antwerpen was captured by French troops wile Mainz dealt with some rebels in France. France concluded a peace with England giving them Flandern and small overseas territories.

A year later Austria had finished their campaign in the east giving them big areas. In a war Austria would be potentially dangerous especially as France probably would not care about Mainz survival.

Now it did not take long till the third partition of Sweden was taken in action. Mainz chose to not join the war as they did not want to fight with Würzburg again.
Instead of being loyal to France Mainz joined an alliance with their nemesis, Austria.

thirdpartition.gif

The north after the third partition

After three years of fighting Sweden was in peace holding just Stockholm and the westernmost of Norway. Although Mainz was increasing in relations with most nations the fait looked similar to Sweden’s.

I don´t want to be mean but I don´t think that there´s much more for you to do in this game...

Still,it was a great update!!!

Saulta said:
I don´t want to be mean but I don´t think that there´s much more for you to do in this game...

Still,it was a great update!!!
Just look on France. Do you think it will stay? Until then it can be more like a handsoff game where I tell more like the partitions of sweden and how the majors are doing. There is a lot of things to tell. Like that Aragon is the main northen colonizer and that Uzbek Khanate is almost as storng as Mungal empire.

As I now have two AAR:s (look in my sig) the updates will maybe be shorter.

Snake IV said:
Just look on France. Do you think it will stay? Until then it can be more like a handsoff game where I tell more like the partitions of sweden and how the majors are doing. There is a lot of things to tell. Like that Aragon is the main northen colonizer and that Uzbek Khanate is almost as storng as Mungal empire.

As I now have two AAR:s (look in my sig) the updates will maybe be shorter.

Yeah of course, sorry, that´s a good idea, report somethings tha happen in other parts of the world, that will increase the readership to, I think!!!

Saulta said:
Yeah of course, sorry, that´s a good idea, report somethings tha happen in other parts of the world, that will increase the readership to, I think!!!

Besides that its interesting anyway to see what goes on. No two EU2 are ever alike.

P.S. Should your sig read Bugghist

Duke of Wellington said:
Besides that its interesting anyway to see what goes on. No two EU2 are ever alike.

P.S. Should your sig read Bugghist

:rofl: No, Buddhist, :p

Die freie Stadt Mainz - A great hunt for glory

Even if it in Europe was at peace the most European nations were in war in other areas. The most colonial powers were fighting Indian tribes in America with mixed success. England had at this moment best results. After a quick advance they had taken all land that the tribe of Lenape still had. Their vassal Aragon, which was the leading northern colonizer, however did not so well. They did an advance inland but were driven back by the local Indians. Although Aragon was superior in warfare techniques and although they did several landings they were driven out of their southern colony.

Araamerica.gif

Aragon's American colonies

Spain had at this point big areas in Southern and Middle America and they thought that taking the rich provinces of the Aztecs would be an easy task. They were however as wrong as Aragon with even worth results. The huge armies of the Aztecs captured the Spanish soldiers and sacrificed them to their gods. Many Spanish buildings were destroyed and several towns were captured by the many warriors of the Aztec Empire. Because of this in southern America fair of the Incas was built up and the people revolted, they did not want the war at this cost.

Also France was in war in America. They fought against another Indian tribe and they did not well in the beginning either. The Indians destroyed many French trading posts before France stroke back and finally made them to pay much for the French not to kill them. That France lost their control in some areas made those areas totally uninhabited. Mainz knew that if not local Indians lived in the area it was easier taking them for themselves. Two tries of colonizing in America was attempted. However both failed and Mainz was unable to send any more as they had used up their only ships strong enough to cross the Atlantic Ocean (the ships were gifts from France and laid in Bordeaux prior to sailing). Building any new ships were not possible as Mainz had no harbour.

Last edited:
Not much room for you to strike out into, is there? France is just beating down your throat. Scary time.

Duke of Wellington said:
Strange to see Aragon not only still in existence but colonising well. Is it Spain not Castile that also exists?
Yes, but thier days are soon over. You'll se that in a week (And this time: in two updates. not one) and no, that's spain.