• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oddman

Mostly Harmless
54 Badges
Apr 6, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
So I'm playing Nationalist China.
Japan is my worst enemy, I know that from the start.
GC36, H/A, decided to get into the axis instead of Japan. This is where things go wrong. Let me elucidate.
Things go smoothly at first: I decide to get my things in order, as not to burden Germany with an ally who is at war (thereby costing them Anschluss and Czechoslovakia). I mop up ComChi, Guangxi declares on me and I annex, Shaanxi and Yunnan declare, I annex, all the while spending IC on supplies (to buy raw materials...) and consumer goods (to get rid of starting dissent), researching the damn basics with my crappy research teams (also, land doctrines by Alexander von Falkenhausen). All in good fun. 37, I managed to upgrade a significant portion of my army and Japan invades. They are repelled By Chiang Kai Shek and Alex (gotta love him). I 'liberate' Korea, managing a peace with Japan, giving them Korea back and them giving me Taiwan and the other provinces they stole from me.
So far so good.

After peace with Japan, I want to get into the Axis (by now, we're well into 1938). Problem is, I chose 'forging the united front' to avoid Isolationism and dissent, so I am in alliance with Xibei San Ma and Sinkiang. Yay. I am, however, not a Major Alliance and not at war, so I can kick them, right?
Well, think again.
I can't kick them out. I decide to solve this the quick and easy way and 'appropriate' them by Acceptall and Demand Territory instead of kicking them out of alliance and taking them by force. End result the same, I am happily accepted into Axis (93% chance, nice!). Being mostly united, my raw IC is intimidating (considering the difficulty, of course) and by the start of WW2 I have the largest army in the world, consisting mostly of plain (if modern, '39) INF and Militia ('18, guarding the coast). Research into subs (as well as doctrines) is ongoing with German help. By the start of WW2 the Chinese have 30 subs.
Germany refuses Memel (wts?), Italy takes Albania, Poland refuses to give Danzig. Chinese troops pour into Kashmir and Burma.
About 6 months later, most British holdings are now Chinese, and Germany declares on Holland and Belgium, allowing me to take the East Indies. I liberate India to rescue my retardedly overloaded TC and promptly Japan declares war on it. Fortunately, this has little to no effect as the Korean (mountainous) border is properly defended as are the beaches.
Slowly but surely, the Dutch East Indies fall (with the loss of many a Chinese INF div to Davy Jones' locker due to sunk transports, dammit). Japanese regularly invade, being teleported back to Tokyo as they are not at war with HOL. Also, I acquired Siam and Tibet.
End '40, the Japanese independent warmongerers declare on USSR. Whatever turns them on.
Early '41: Barbarossa. Chinese wave slowly rolls north and west into Kazakhstan and Siberia. Tannu Tuva and Mongolia are annexed.
Chinese Sub Navy wittles away at Japanese and UK fleets.
mid '42: Korea taken, Asian Far East totally Chinese, not USSR or Japanese.
Japanese navy reduced to three destroyers and one transport with one hella annoying admiral I can't get close to so keeps dumping single divisions all over the (by now liberated as Indonesia) East Indies. Japanese army reduced to three infantry divisions and seven garrisons (rest destroyed after amphibious landings pushed into sea and in Korea). Intrepid Chinese land on Japanese Mainland. Japan agrees to be puppeted. Of SOV only Leningrad remains defiant.
Japan, as newly Chinese puppet, with no navy to speak of, no army and little airforce, promptly decides to screw their overlords over good and declares war on the United Bloody States of Metric Fucktons of IC and High Technology. Good idea, Japan. Even as a puppet you manage to screw the Chinese.

(May need some looking into, this. Also, even though I united all the Chinas I still got a 'united front against soviet aggression' event when I was at war with USSR, thereby giving me Isolationism and Dissent or Democracy, neither of which suited me.)

EDIT: some language, to not upset the fragile minds of the readers :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I did think the metric fucktons of IC bit was pretty funny. You can't always get what you want!

icefenix said:
You might want to change such a loaded title :D

Agree. This is a PG forum, which means no naughty words.

Fiendix said:
indeed you should edit the language.....

He can't edit a threadtitle, only moderaters can.

Disappointing thread. I hope it is deleted quickly as it makes us all look bad.

oddman said:
Intrepid Chinese land on Japanese Mainland. Japan agrees to be puppeted. Of SOV only Leningrad remains defiant.
Japan, as newly Chinese puppet, with no navy to speak of, no army and little airforce, promptly decides to screw their overlords over good and declares war on the United Bloody States of Metric Fucktons of IC and High Technology. Good idea, Japan. Even as a puppet you manage to screw the Chinese.

(May need some looking into, this. Also, even though I united all the Chinas I still got a 'united front against soviet aggression' event when I was at war with USSR, thereby giving me Isolationism and Dissent or Democracy, neither of which suited me.)

EDIT: some language, to not upset the fragile minds of the readers :rolleyes:

I am truly sorry --- but I am still laughing my heart, guts and gizzards out at this AAR and how it all pans out.

On a more sober note -- yeah, there are some "young generals-in-training" that look at this site -- so better to keep the language at PG rating.....otherwise their mothers will get onto us...and you know what that means......

ANGST :( :( :(

What he said. (JBetexas).

You have to be careful with whom you liberate/relese/puppet and be aware of what the (game) date is - even puppeted nations tend to execute the hardcoded history that pertains to them.

The only way I'm aware of to avoid a JPN DoW on US is to play JPN (which is how I'm playing my current game).

Jeez, guys, don't you like it when the AI throws you a curveball? If I want a walkover, I'll play Civ III on Chieftain.

Sit back and enjoy the war - it's the only one we've got :rolleyes:

Doesnt bother me, his language, however, I am not worried about posters reaction, rather Paradox reaction. They tend to have no sense of humor and take certain things VERY seriously. It is their board and failure to live up to their expectations can result in not being allowed to visit said board.

Very good to hear you gave the japanese a good bit of revenge :)

Still, the title may upset some ppl, so I suggest changing it won't hurt..

Greetings from China, btw :)

You used in game exploits to achieve your goal so not sure if any information in this AAR is any good for making AI adjustments. You used the mass sub fleet bug to destroy the Japanese navy. If you had not done that more than likely 80% of your achievements in the Pacific would have not been possible. Oh well its your game some people like to play that way.

the United Bloody States of Metric Fucktons of IC and High Technology

where did you bring this from :rofl:

anyway...this will make your game funner....I'm mean...USSR is out and and the british maybe strong in the Africa....USA will make it much better game.
But watch out you beaches US- marines are waiting their ;)

Heh, reminds me of how Germany always screws me over as Italy, when germany gets provinces in France and Russia, while I gets zero nada, even if I was the one who possessed most of the land, because of the events in the game creates german victories. :rofl:

That's said, while I don't mind the F-word, some people do, so you should better change the title before the moderators does.

Edit: This is offically my new sig :D

oddman said:

oddman said:
Japan, as newly Chinese puppet, with no navy to speak of, no army and little airforce, promptly decides to screw their overlords over good and declares war on the United Bloody States of Metric Fucktons of IC and High Technology.

You silly boy! Everybody knows that the US doesn't use metric! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.