• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
pdubz said:
Hmm, the link for the improved per pale shield doesn't seem to be working.. :(
Sorry for late response. :(
The host was dead. So if you would be still interested, plz E-mail me at gratianus[AT]hotmail.co.jp.
I send a 6MB zip file to you directly.

Just installed your interface and I must say that even there are no great changes, but it looks now really superb with those nice minor stylish additions. Great work! Thanks.

Hiya,

I am in the midst of developing a (free) on-line, turn-based RPG/strategy game set in the middle ages.

Would it be possible for me to use this CoA pack, provided I give credit where credit is due? This is some fantastic work.

I don't know if this section is still being supported or not, but I have two questions.

1) There seems to be a problem with the CKHelp file. It downloads, but when I try to look at any of the data, I get a pages of 404 errors. Offline or online, it's all the same line.

2) The CoA file downloads as an 8.61 mb file with a "7Z" extension. Is this correct? I was expecting bitmaps.

-- Mal

The CoA pack is a 7zip file, so you should use 7zip or another 7zip-compatible decompressor to unpack it. http://www.7zip.org/
Bitmaps are not optimised at all, so they are generally compressed before uploading. And 7Zip is one of the best compression methods around (beating ZIP, RAR, and any other general compressor I know of).

The help file works for me.

Oh joy, oh rapture, yet another compression routine. I have those things coming out of my ears -- everybody seems to use different ones.:) 7-Zip certainly does a good job, though -- for grins and giggles, I rezipped the files with WinRar, and the resulting archive was 34 mb.:)

Turns out Windows security (soi-disant) was blocking the Help file from being opened. Clicking "properties" and "unblocked" fixed it. In case someone else has the same problem.

-- Mal

Last edited:
One issue though, the only Swedish Shield, in CK age is this
Valdemar_Birgerssons_vapen_(1252).png
and it is not represented in the CoA-packs.

I've installed a couple of the mods and I really like them, there's jsut one, rather... major problem after installing the new char background I no longer can see the skills of any characters, the far right side of the background is just completely black. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Last edited:
I've installed a couple of the mods and I really like them, there's jsut one, rather... major problem after installing the new char background I no longer can see the skills of any characters, the far right side of the background is just completely black. Any ideas on how to fix that?

I have the same problem and t think you need a proper char_background file...problem is i cant find one...

Simple, the character background made by Gratianus is for CK only. So its not compatible with DV (unless you modify Gratianus' graphic of course).

EDIT
See my post above yours :)