• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(25722)

Sergeant
Feb 13, 2004
Been looking for the game in the Vancouver BC area with no luck. Checked with EB Games but they say that is will not be shilled until November.

Has anyone in the Vancouver area found a store that carries the game?

November 2nd in EBs in Quebec, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same was happening for Gamestops.

Given relationship betwwen EB & GS, one would think they6 would have same delivery dates.

This morning, the GS website shows Diplomacy as having arrived and availble for order (as compared to EB which states 11/1/05), but a search against local GS stores comes up empty.

Am going to call my local GS' at lunchtime and try to get their perspective on delivery.

Diplomacy availability

Diplomacy will be in stores all over the US and Canada within very soon. I know for sure it has been shipped to the following stores this week:

Amazon.com
Circuit City
Fillpoint
Fry's Electronics
Gamestop
Hastings Book, Music, Video
Ingram Entertainment
J&R Music World
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Visco Entertainment

The game will be available at the following stores in the coming week(s):

CompUSA
EB Games
Hyperactive
Micro Center
Target
Transworld Music
Wal-Mart

/F

Did you not start the same thread already?...if you wanted a title change, just PM me...

The gamestop in the St. Paul/Minneapolis area are getting them in tommorow morning.

I called around to some local (Southern California) Gamestops and did not get a warm feeling that they would be getting any in within next 24-48 hours. (They did not perceive Dip as being a "Hot" title warranting fast delivery).

So I ordered via the website using overnight delivery yesterday (Monday), and it is being delivered today. (Albeit with a $10 charge for the overnight service.)

Can't find it in Austin

If you are looking for it in Austin, Texas...good luck :(
Amazon.com - Online only - lists as "ships in 1 to 2 weeks"
Circuit City - Don't have it yet
Fillpoint - not around here
Fry's Electronics - Don't have it yet (but they did mention Fry's in other cities should have it
Gamestop - Don't have it
Hastings Book, Music, Video - Don't have it (well, they got the '99 version)
Ingram Entertainment - not around here
J&R Music World - not around here
Nebraska Furniture Mart - not around here
Visco Entertainment- not around here

Target - Web site lists ship date as Oct-17
Wal Mart - Web site lists ship date as Nov-1

Last edited:
Yeah well the Gamestop that told mr it would be in on the 10th or 11th told me today when I went in that they recieved an order of 0! of them today...WTF.
So they tell me that this means they now "carry the game", but they don't know when they will actually get any in.

Best Buy as far as I can tell does not know the game exists...

It doesn't seem to be anywhere in the Phoenix area, so I just went ahead and ordered it online through gamestop. They seem to be the only ones with it in stock at this time.

Becephalus said:
Best Buy as far as I can tell does not know the game exists...

Yeah, I have been very disappointed by the selection at Best Buy. The ones locally DID carry HOI2, but that was a stretch for them. I had to go to EB to find Victoria, and then, get this!], it wasn't on the shelves but the "had it in the back!". Geez.....

I used the web-shop this time. ;)

heagarty said:
Yes, some extra bucks to Paradox is the way to go. :cool:
The webshop was about half the reason for me to get a credit card - and I made up the other half to justify it, I guess... It's so much easier to spend money now (oh, wait, is that a good thing?!). :confused: :D

NewEgg

I ordered mine from New Egg yesterday, and it shipped the same night. Hopefully will arrive by Friday.

After I read the PBEM by example on this forum, and the posts on the AI, though I've never played the game before, I knew I had to get it. I'm starting to really like Paradox. :)

Fredrik II said:
Diplomacy will be in stores all over the US and Canada within very soon. I know for sure it has been shipped to the following stores this week:

Amazon.com
Circuit City
Fillpoint
Fry's Electronics
Gamestop
Hastings Book, Music, Video
Ingram Entertainment
J&R Music World
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Visco Entertainment

The game will be available at the following stores in the coming week(s):

CompUSA
EB Games
Hyperactive
Micro Center
Target
Transworld Music
Wal-Mart

/F

Just called around today again including EB customer support here in Canada and they still have the shipping date being 1 Nov.

heagarty said:
I had to go to EB to find Victoria, and then, get this!, it wasn't on the shelves but the "had it in the back!". Geez.....

Found my Victoria the same way. A kindly clerk called around every store in the city, and there was 1(!) that had any copies. Got down there, not on the shelf. Asked the clerk and, sure enough, it was hidden away in the back.