• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Secret Master

Covert Mastermind
96 Badges
Jul 9, 2001
www.youtube.com
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • March of the Eagles
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Limited Collectors Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • The Kings Crusade
Scenario Options taken: Very Hard/Furious, Grand Campiagn

Current patch.

For this AAR, I have not editted a single thing in the game. For those who may have read my other AARs, you will find a departure from my usual style. Also, I am in no way endorsing everything my narrator says in the AAR. Since my narrator has his own biases, and is using this tale to teach his grandson who to be a ruler, you will have to bear with his rhetoric.

Also, I only mention pertinent events to Burgundy during the course of the AAR. The exceptions are when something very bizarre from normal history happens somwhere else. Then I might interject something about it. Also, I have played out years ahead of what you read in the AAR. Bear that in mind when you give advice. I do love helpful hints, but in some cases I may not be able to implement them.

By the way, if the screenshots wont display properly, try right clicking on the picture and pressing the "Show Picture" menu item. It should come up then.

And so it goes.....

Last edited:
Prologue

Sit down, lad, and I will tell you a tale. You asked me, an old man, what I remember from my youth. I can remember little of when I was young, for it was a time of great strife and confusion. But what I do remember, with the greatest clarity, is the story of Burgundy. My own grandfather, a man of great wisdom and an even greater number of years, told me this story when I was young. He bid me to learn the lessons contained in it well. I can only hope I did so, but now in my twilight years, there is only time to reflect on what I have done. You, as a young lad, have time enough to act upon the wisdom within the tale.

Where should I begin? Ahh, you say the beginning. Only the stories of the least noble, the peasants and their kin, start at the beginning. We are of nobler character, and so I shall start the story from an important point. What is the year? It is 1419. The place? The center of the world, Europe. The duke of Burgundy is old, but continues to support his ally in England. Burgundy is heavily aristocratic land, with a completely decentralized government. Like most people of the time, it is somewhat narrowminded. Its army is evenly offensive and defensive, with an average quality in the troops. Serfdom is the rule.

The conflict, as you may recall, is the 100 Years War. Its final stages are being played out. The dukes of Burgundy have supported English claims on the French throne so that Burgundy may remove the yoke of French tyranny. It has been somewhat successful. The dukes of Burgundy are autonomous from the French king. But things can still change, and so it goes.

100 Years War

In January of 1419, the duke orders a change in domestic policy, for a more offensive policy. Promotion of tax collectors begins, and the army is ordered to converge on Nivernais. Jean de Pressy is general of the army. England is an ally, as well as Brittany. If you take a look at this painting here, lad, you can see what the situation looks like.

ScreenSave0.jpg

In February, Nivernais is under siege by General Pressy, while Auvergne and Orleanais siege Bourgogne and Artois is under siege by the French.

On March 1st, a French army tries to lift the siege of Nivernais in the Battle of Nevers. Pressy defeats them, and they withdraw. Reinforcements are en route, but it is taking time.

By June, Orleanais has been annexed by the English. They move to lift the siege of Bourgogne like good allies.

By September, the duke has died. His son, Phillip III le Bon, assumes the title. You have no doubt heard of Phillip, the greatest of rulers for Burgundy. Pay close attention to his exploits, lad.

In October, royal marriages are arranged with Brandenburg, England, and Bavaria. Also, white peaces are signed with all of Frances vassals, leaving Burgundy at war with France and Baden.

Baden has laid siege to Alsace.

On October 22nd, Nivernais falls. Pressy leads the army into Champagne.

In January of 1420, reinforcements are called up. Champagne is under siege, but Artois may soon fall to the French.

On the 16th, Baden sacks Alsace.

In March, royal marriages are arranged with Geldre and Friesen.

In April, England settles with France for peace. Burgundy is still at war with France and Baden.

On May 23rd, Artois falls to the French.

In June, Champagne falls to Pressy. Baden has laid siege to Bourgogne, and Pressy moves to force them out.

On July 11th, the Battle of Bourgogne is fought. Pressy annihilates the Badens, and he marches to Alsace to retake the province.

On October 11th, France offers 176 ducats for peace. With no allies to help, and the fortunes of war turning for the worse, Phillip takes the offer. This round of the 100 Years War is over.

What can we learn from this? Of course, young lad. When fighting the French, it is best to isolate them from any German allies they have. Clever, clever boy you are.

The Partitioning of Lorraine

The money from the war is immediately put into tax collectors.

In November, marriages are arranged with Moldavia, Wallachia, Bosnia, and Serbia.

January, 1421: Tax collectors are finished with promotions, and merchants are sent to Flanders center of trade. Remaining monies are spent on troops.

In March, Phillip gains military access from Henry V of England.

Lorraine, whom Burgundy has casus belli against, has been involved in a war with France for about year now. Phillip is waiting for a good time to strike.

On January 6th, 1422, Phillip declares war on Lorraine. Her allies, including the Pope, Mainz, Navarre, and Tuscany join the war. Burgundy calls upon England.

The Partitioning of Lorraine (January 6th, 1422- January 26th, 1423)

Phillip calls upon England, and they join the fun.

General Pressy marches north from Franche-Comte.

By February, Pressy has laid siege to Lorraine. The French have moved in to help the siege, but Pressy is the senior general on the field.

In March, Phillip gets military access from Luxembourg.

In October, Mainz has laid siege to Alsace. But, Lorraine will soon fall to Pressy.

January, 1423: Reinforcements are called up. The siege continues in Lorriane, and will soon be over.

On the 26th, Lorraine falls. All of Lorraine's allies offer a white peace, which Phillip accepts. Then, he orders Lorraine annexed into the lands of Burgundy. The war is over, except for a state of war with Navarre. The outcome of the war is very successful. Not only has France been prevented from taking Lorraine, but Lorraine has been added to Burgundy. You see, lad, sometimes it is best to strike first. But not all the time, as you will see later. Yes, yes, I know, Lorraine is not that valuable. But in the future it might be.

A brief peace

In April, Navarre offers a white peace, which Phillip accepts. As soon as he does soon, he gives them an offer of royal marriage, which they accept. He also gives the Palatinate, Mainz, Cologne, and Kleeves royal marriages.

In November, royal marriages are arranged with Scotland, Eire, Oldenburg, and Munster.

In January, 1424, a royal marriage is arranged with Helvetia. The census tax is used to raise more cavalry.

In February, surprising news comes from Bavaria. Bavaria has won their war with Austria, taking Ostmarch and Salzburg and also getting military access. Bavaria is the new power in the HRE.

By June, a major war has broken out in the HRE because of Bavaria's actions.

In September, royal marriages are arranged with Wurzberg, Hess, and Bohemia.

By January, 1425, more troops are raised. Soon, it will be time for war with France.

In November, Baden has annexed Wurzberg. The war in the HRE has heated up. France is very involved.

On the 13th, Phillip declares war on France, using his casus belli. Frances vassals join the fun, as does England.

The Two Years War (November 13th, 1425- May 9th, 1427)

The Two Years War
(November 13th, 1425- May 9th, 1427)

Phillip assumes command of the army. He splits the army, giving Pressy half of it. Together, they march into France. Phillip goes after Champagne while Pressy marches on Nivernais. No French armies are in sight, and Baden is busy fighting in Germany.

In December, royal marriages are done with Milan, Venice, Austria, and Modena.

January, 1426: On the 16th, the French try and lift the siege of Nivernais, but they are defeated by Pressy in the Battle of Nevers. Troops are being raised in Lorraine.

On May 29th, Champagne falls to Phillip. He marches to Nivernais to take charge of the siege there. France's allies ask for white peace, except for Baden. Phillip gives it to them.

On July 17th, Baden offers a white peace, which Phillip accepts.

On July 29th, Nivernais falls to Phillip. He combines the army and marches on Paris.

On August 26th, Phillip annihilates the French army at the Battle of Paris. He settles down for a siege.

In January, 1427, royal marriages are arranged with Brittany, Aragon, Castile, Portugal, and Tuscany. Paris is close to falling. If France does not give good terms of peace, Picardie will be the next target.

On the 25th of January, Paris falls to Phillip. No diplomats are available, so he marches on Picardie with no offer of peace from the king of France.

On February 1st, Orleanais secedes from English lands, declaring itself independent. England goes to war with them and asks for Bugundy's help. Phillip refuses, breaking the alliance. But he has a plan. Given a month, he will create a new alliance with England, in which Burgundy is alliance leader.

On March 9th, the Battle of Amiens is fought, and Phillip now lays siege to Picardie. France does not offer peace.

Also, the alliance with England is started again, with Burgundy as alliance leader.

On May 9th, Phillip drags the French king to the peace table. France signs a debilitating treaty with Burgundy, ceding Nivernais and Champagne, and paying 250 ducats in damages. The war is over, and has been a huge success!

You can see Burgundy's new lands as represented in this old map from the archive.

ScreenSave1.jpg

What can be learned from this? Yes, two things. One, England is a good ally, but an even better one when you are the alliance leader. Two, Paris is a beautiful city, but only when occupied by troops from Burgundy.

Burgundy at peace

The money from the war is used to promote tax collectors and to build a larger fortress in Bourgogne.

In September, royal marriages are given to Siena an Pommern.

In January, 1428, royal marriages are arranged with Bremen and Orleanais. Tax Collectors are promoted in Champagne.

In march, a royal marriage is conducted with Mecklemburg.

In January, 1429, Phillip decides to change domestic policy, and shifts in the direction of quality. He wants to make the army of Burgundy the mightiest in Europe. Royal marriages are arranged with Hungary, Poland, Lithuania, and the Teutonic Order of Livonian Knights.

Also, upgrades begin in Artois to the fortifications there.

In February, the fortress in Franche-comte is upgraded by the serfs there, much to the join of Phillip.

In July, royal marriages are obtained with Transylvania, Muscovy, and Ryzan.

In November, the duchy of Brabant is asked to join the alliance Burgundy has with England. They accept.

As of January, 1430, Phillip sends a state gift to Brittany to help them fight France. Brittany is very impressed, and they no longer hate Burgundy. Merchants are sent out as well, to try and increase trade.

In April, good government polices are evident in Phillips reign.

In May, a royal marriage is conducted with Denmark.

In August, the Succession in Brabant occurs, giving Phillip control of Brabant. Brbant is now a vassal of Burgundy.

In October, royal marriages are conducted with Sweden and Holstein.

By January, 1431, Phillip sends Brittany another state gift. They receive it very well, and consider themselves the best of friends with Burgundy now. Merchants are sent to Genoa.

In February, despite their friendship with Burgundy, they refuse to join the alliance. Phillip plans to get at least military access from them.

In April, Brittany gives military access to Burgundy.

In May, a royal marriage is arranged with Naples.

In July, Baden has proved themselves on the battlefield. They have militarily vassalized Helvetia. Phillip grows concerned about his "German Flank" as he calls it now.

In September, royal marriages are arranged with Athens and Cyprus.

In October, Phillip enters into a royal marriage with the Eastern Roman Empire. His family has now mingled with the last descendants of Roman emperors.

In January, 1432, News reaches Phillip that England has been struck by civil war. He sends Henry VI a personal gift, making England the closest friend of Burgundy. He hopes they solve the problem quickly, or war with France may be the result. More merchants are sent out.

In February, a royal marriage is given to the orthodox peoples of Suzdal.

In April, Phillip offers England the status of vassal, but they decline.

By September, Phillip's reputation has grown, and several neighbors have better relations with Burgundy.

In January, 1433, Phillip notes that Burgundy still has a tarnished reputation due to the annexation of Lorraine and the offensive war with France. He will continue to lay low and conduct diplomacy while building his strength. In particular, he wishes to upgrade all fortifications up to new standards. He orders the fortifications in Alsace to be improved.

Yes, you have a question? Why does Phillip refrain for conquering France? Were he here, I'm sure he would give a wonderful explanation why. But mine will have to suffice. If he did so, and I will note that he could have very easily done so, but it would do his country no good to gain France, only to lose everything in a war with the rest of Europe. And therein lies an important lesson for you to learn.

In January, 1434, trade agreements are struck with Brittany and Brabant. Merchants are sent abroad. The next fortification project will be Lorraine.

In March, Brittany finally solves it problems with France, signing a white peace. Once this is done, Phillip issues a guarantee of their independence. Should anyone go to war with Brittany, Burgundy will gain the right to intervene.

In June, merchants have been harassed by Mainz. Phillip chooses to diplomatically resolve the issue, improving relations with Mainz.

In January, 1435, Gascgone secedes from England in southern France, proclaiming themselves Guyenne. England asks for Phillips help, and he accepts. There is no practical way to get troops to the area, but Phillip issues his sympathy declaration of war.

Upgrades begin to fortifications in Lorraine.

In February, Aragon annexes Modena by force of arms. This prompts a general war in Italy and in Iberia, as both the Pope and Spain declare war on Aragon, dragging their allies into the war. This general war has tied up France and her vassals, which gives Phillip no end of joy.

Throughout 1436 and 1437, upgrades begin on the fortifications in Flandern. It is a long, slow process upgrading fortifications, but one that Phillip feels is worth it.

In July, a royal marriage is arranged with Saxony.

In October, Phillip signs a white peace with Guyenne, as he waits for England to re-annex them.

In January, 1438, fortress upgrades begin in Zeeland. Things are quiet for Burgundy, as Phillip tries to rebuild its reputation.

In September, unhappiness is reported among the merchants. Trade research has suffered.

January, 1439: Phillip changes his domestic policy. He makes the military more offensive in its doctrine. He also begins upgrades to fortifications in Holland. Burgundy's reputation has improved, but it is still slightly tarnished. Phillip hopes it will continue to improve.

In February, France's alliance declares war on Gelre and Cyprus. Considering Gelre is in close to Holland, Phillip takes a great interest in the war.

By January, 1440, there is very little action between Gelre and France's vassals. Phillip grows less concerned. He continues saving for the fortress upgrades needed in Nivernais and Champagne.

In June, France's vassals make peace with Cyprus, ending the threat of Gelre being annexed by France or one of her vassals. Phillip now begins to plot to annex them himself. He has casus belli because of his claims in those lands, but he shares a royal marriage with Gelre. For the moment, he will build up his strength, waiting for the time to strike.

In July, indulgences are being sold at high volume in Holland, hurting the economy there.

In August, Orleans reestablishes their vassalship with France.

In December, Bavaria, the newest super-power in the Holy Roman Empire, gets involved in another war. They are generally loathed by their fellow Germanic states. Phillip sees an opportunity. Should the war drag out, Phillip may begin subsidizing Bavaria to make them more friendly.

January, 1441: January is a busy month. Venice peacefully annexes Bosnia. Castile peacefully annexes Navarre. And the peasants of Nivernais rise in revolt, seizing the garrison in the province. Phillip leads the army to deal with them. Fortifications in Champagne begin to be upgraded. Also, Raguse declines a royal marriage. Phillip is not happy.

By February, Nivernais is under siege.

By November, Phillip has crushed the revolt.

In January, 1442, the fortifications in Nivernais are now being upgraded. The fortification project is now complete. Phillip begins to consider rebuilding the field army and to begin giving Bavaria subsidies. Also in January, Aragon peacefully annexes Naples.

In August, a merchants donates 5 ships to the navy, and Phillip eagerly has them converted into warships.

In September, the hated French peacefully annex Provence into their kingdom. France grows stronger.

In November, Poland peacefully annexes Brandenburg.

In 1443 and 1444, Phillip raises several thousand infantry and cavalry to support the army

In February, Vienna falls to Bavaria. Austria has no provinces left, and Phillip awaits news of their final capitulation. Bavaria will become hated for a victory in this war, but she will be very strong.

In April, Austria signs a humiliating peace with Bavaria and Hungary. Austria cedes Tyrol to Bavaria, Steiriemark to Hungary, and gives up military access to both countries. Austria is now a one province insignificant power.

ScreenSave2.jpg

See this tapestry lad? Look at tiny Austria. This is the fate of weak countries in the world. But, also bear in mind that even weak countries may rise up from the ashes.

In May, an unprovoked revolt occurs in the capitol. Phillip marches to crush the peasants.

In June, he is successful.

In November, Gelre elects to continue its alliance with Cyprus. Phillip notes that his marriage with them will end soon. He positions the army in Holland, gathers more men, and prepares for war.

In December, Serbia annexes the Ottoman Empire. The Balkans are a big mess, with the rotting corpse of Byzantium still thriving. Phillip is amazed no one has taken power in the area.

ScreenSave3.jpg

A question? Who were the Ottomans? Well, you can't see them on this tapestry, because they were annexed. But they are a good example of great potential never realized. They should have ended the existence of the Byzantine Roman Empire, but never achieved it. Think of how different history might have been!

In January, 1445, in March, the royal marriage with Gelre will expire. Phillip will be ready for war if France does not declare war first. The only problem now is that Friesland has signed on to the alliance with Gelre. Assuming Phillip can defeat their combined armies, he may be able to crush them both.

In April, the final cavalry reinforcements are recieved. Phillip moves to Zeeland, and prepares to declare war. By sitting across the Rhine, he hopes to tempt their armies to advance across, or to leave themselves open by invading Holland.

In May, a royal marriage is given to England.

Then, on May 9th, Phillip declares war.

Very well written SM. This is a great read. The Ottoman Empire annexed. How sweet :)

Good AAR!

The Low Countries War (May 9th, 1445- June 10th, 1451)

The Low Countries War
(May 9th, 1445- June 10th, 1451)

Gelre's allies, Freisland and Cyprus join their ally, as does England and Brabant. War is afoot.

Freisland splits their 70,000 man army, and sends half to invade Holland. Phillip moves to block them, as Gelre just sits their 70,000 man army at home.

ScreenSave4.jpg

See in this painting how strong Friesland and Gelre look? Hmmm, care to wager how strong they really are?

In June, Gelre begins to move their army. Phillip decides to stand his ground in Zeeland, letting Gelre send their army across the Rhine.

On July 4th, the army of Gelre is defeated by Phillip in the Battle of Vlissigen. He purses them into Gelre. The English have a tiny army sieging their capitol, and Phillip intends to take charge of the siege. Holland is under siege by Friesland, but the new fortifications are holding nicely.

By December, Phillip is breaking down the defenses of Gelre, but 92,000 troops from both Gelre and Friesland are in Holland.

In December, artisans demand more rights. Phillip orders them executed, and loses some ground in trade research.

By January, 1446, Brabant has added troops to the siege in Gelre. Phillip has made good progress in breaking their defenses. Friesland and Gelre have made no progress in their siege in Holland. Phillip orders more infantry called up, as attrition is taking its toll. The siege in Holland only has 50,000 troops now, as attrition hurts his enemies as well.

ScreenSave5.jpg

In February, Bavaria turns down a royal marriage. Phillip is not pleased.

In March, Oldenburg signs on to the alliance with Gelre, and declares war. Phillip sees few troops of theirs, and is not worried.

In April, Austria becomes a vassal of Bohemia. The Holy Roman Emperor is now a Bohemian puppet.

On May 9th, Arnhiem falls to Phillip. He orders Gelre annexed to Burgundy, and also signs a white peace with Cyprus. He will now consolidate his army, and march to throw Freisland out of Holland.

On June 10th, Oldenburg takes the battle to Phillip, and invades Geldre. He stops them in the Battle of Arnhiem even without his reinforcements. He continues to await them.

On July 9th, the Battle of The Hauge is fought, and Phillip throws Friesland out of Holland. He marches on their capital.

By August, Friesland is under siege. Phillip has taken some losses, but the census tax will buy new cavalry. Oldenburg is wandering around and looting the Low countries.

By November, Oldenburg has settled down to siege Zeeland.

By January, 1447, the siege in Friesland goes well. Phillip will soon sack the city. Reinforcements are called up, in the form of cavalry. Once Friesland is dealt with, Phillip will give Oldenburg an ultimatum to stop the war. Should they wish to continue the conflict, he will invade them.

Also in January, royal marriages are conducted with Bavaria and Ragusa, who now fear the power of mighty Burgundy.

On February 14th, Gronigen falls to Phillip. He orders Friesland to be annexed. Then, he issues an ultimatum to Oldenburg, demanding a white peace. They refuse, and reply with a demand for money. Phillip marches to Holland to gather reinforcements, before moving to lift the siege of Zeeland.

On June 23rd, Phillip marches across the Rhine and tries to lift the siege of Zeeland in the Battle of Zeeland. He is defeated by Oldenburg, but inflicts high losses on them. He will withdraw into Geldre, and then march on their lands.

On August 7th, Phillip intercepts Oldenburg reinforcements headed for Zeeland and crushes them in the Battle of Gedlre. He marches on their capitol to lay siege.

On August 23rd, a philosopher begins speaking out against indulgences. Rather than imprison him, Phillip lets him alone, taking a stability loss, but helping to spread new ideas.

In November, Champagne and Nivernais both rise in revolt. Phillip will need to end the war soon. Oldenburg proper is close to collapse.

In January, 1448, Oldenburg will fall within a month or two. Phillip orders reinforcements raised in Friesland. Once the war is over, he intends to crush the revolts in Champagne and Nivernais.

On January 23rd, Oldenburg falls to Phillip. He demands 300 ducats from them, but they refuse. Infuriated, he marches on Hanover.

On March 14th, he fights the Battle of Hanover, but loses to reinforcements they have raised. He withdraws into Oldenburg, awaiting his reinforcements.

By April, remaining resistance has been brushed aside, and Hanover is under siege.

In June, Nivernais falls to the peasants who live there. Phillip is angry with both Oldenburg and his peasants. Once Hanover falls, he intends to vassalize Oldenburg and return home to deal with problems.

In June, royal marriages are arranged with Kleeves, the Palatinate, Cologne, and Munster.

In October, Champagne falls to the rebels. The rebels from Nivernais marched into Orleans, and were wiped out.

In November, Zeeland falls to Oldenburg. Phillip is even more angry, but Hanover will soon fall.

In January, 1449, troops are being raised in Bourgogne to deal with the uprisings. Hanover will soon fall. Rebels from Champagne has laid siege to Orleans.

In March, Hanover falls. Despite complete occupation, Hanover refuses to give money for peace. Phillip marches to lift their siege of Flanders, and to settle down to a liberation of Zeeland.

On July 5th, the army of Oldenburg is destroyed in the Battle of Antwerp. He marches to liberate Zeeland, and then to force vassalage on Oldenburg.

By August, the peasant rebels who sacked Champagne have sacked Orleans, thus breaking the government there. They now have their peasant republic, even as the army liberates Nivernais and Champagne.

By December, Nivernais has been liberated from the rebels. Champagne is under siege.

By January, 1450, royal marriages are arranged with Bohemia, Scotland, Hess, and Eire. Catholic Europe generally loathes Burgundy now, thanks to multiple annexations from a single war. As it stands now, once the situation with Oldenburg is resolved, Phillip will have to begin behaving better for some time.

By April, Oldenburg continues to offer meager sums of money, no larger than 100 ducats. Phillip refuses their offers, not wanting the war to have been a waste of time.

In August, royal marriages are arranged with Serbia, Wallachia, and Moldavia. Zeeland will soon be liberated, along with Champagne.

By January, 1451, Zeeland is being stubborn, but cannot hold out much longer against Phillip. The rebels in Champagne will soon be destroyed. He raises more cavalry, and continues his sieges.

In May, Champagne is liberated from rebel control. Zeeland still has not been liberated.

On June 10th, Zeeland is liberated. Phillip now dictates terms of peace to Oldenburg. He forces them to become a vassal, and takes 300 ducats from them. The war is finally over.
The war has been good for Burgundy, securing the low countries for Phillip. On the other hand, Burgundy now has a really bad reputation, meaning Phillip will have to behave himself for years until it can be restored.

Burgundy now looks like this.

ScreenSave6.jpg

Just wait, Sharur. In a century or so, I have some real fun with a vassalized France and the parts of her that kept seceding. But, I wont spoil the fun.

Just to calrify something before someone asks. Burgundy has 3 state cultures. French, German, and Dutch. Keep this in the bac of you mind as time goes on in the AAR. And just keep in mind how many French and German provinces there are in the game.