• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sovereign

No Gods, No Bosses.
14 Badges
Mar 24, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
Sick of whatching Germans overun Poland, ushering in an age of darkness and war that would forever cast the lands of the Slavs into the darkness of Nazism and Stalinism, I have decided to play a game where history is halted in its tracks, and a better way blazed forward.

Grand Campaign - Difficulty is Medium/Furious.

I started game with one objective, total annexation of Germany by Poland in short time as possible. Was keen to bring campaigne to succesful conclusion soon as possible, Poland has mediocre industrial capacity to begine with, with not much man-power or man-power growth. In addition, technology is behind, army is outdated. Every month Poland delay fighting Germany, or is still fighting un-broken German military, is another month in Germany's favour but Polands cost.

Will not bore you with details of Operation Struwko, surfice to say for awhile around Kustrin things looking very grim for Poland.
We had troops in Stettin, Byrdgoszcz, Poznan, Oppeln, Cracow. River seperates these five provinces (minus Kustrin) from heart of Germany, and Berlin itself. Cannot recall how many times Kustrin change hands between my Pols and hated enemy, but Poland army was in good position to punish Germans hard everytime they took Kustrin back, but they were in good position to punish us everytime Poland took Kustrin back.

By seventh exchange by bloody-battle, I was beginning to dispair, casualties were high on both sides but Germans, with their high manpower could replenish losses beyond ability of Poland to do same. Also, was worried that fresh new German divisions would appear, stuff whole enterprise right up. I decide let German have Kustrin, let them take Byrdgoszcz as well, which they do- allowing Poland army to close in encirclement.

Three German divisions become trapped in this encirclement, we destroy them from all sides, two German division holding door open for them in Kustrin we beat back across river. I left the door open hoping Germans make same mistake again, but this time no, Germans re-took Kustrin and just held there. But in attempting to capitalize on breakthrough into Byrdgoszcz Germans made mistake of leaving Breslau unguarded (Breslau lay across river in south, very important for take Cottbus, and then for take Berlin). I took chance immediately, not wait for germans to correct, managed move five divisions across river into Breslau where they encounter belated resistance trickling-in from Cottbus in north. Was too late for them though, by time I'd make over side of river, Germans lost another four divisions or so in encirclements in north.

After that, was steady downhill for Germany, they lose enough divisions to have difficulty steming tide of Polish progress westward, Berlin was use very succesfully to lure-and-destroy by encirclement even more divisions. Eventually Germans seem to abandon city of Berlin (by that time I taken it three or four times and then conceeded it, added mightily to Polish stockpiles).

Around this time that Spanish Civil War kicked off, madly, Germans sent manpower and materials they probably desperately needed at home off to fight with Franco. I put it down to Hitlers arrogance being good for Poland.

The Germans faught hard all way, but eventually they were defeated entirely, Germany annexed into Greater Poland. Hitler and his cronies was executed by dog. Me and the Generals laughed quietly among ourselves, exhausted, we sipped vodka, smoked cigars, watch bloodhounds ran off into forest after former leaders of German Reich. We give them good twenty-minute headstart(afterall, only fair). Bodies collected later and disposed-off (again, by dog).

Troops of Poland have earned well-earned rest, plenty vodka for everyone.

However with beligerence of 65 I nervously looking around me, fully expected rest of world to not tolerate Polands pre-emptive justice and invade us. Happily, UK seemed to approve of what we done, (a nessecary grimness but one for which all mankind should be grateful they agree) they even give us blessing by gauranteing Polands independance. France seemed a little bothered by willingness of Poland to do what needed to be done but, still they felt compelled to befriend us. The Sovjets didn't really approve either, but considering what we had destroyed, they willing to forgive us (a few tonnes per day of free energy from coal-mines of new Greater Poland might have help sweeten attitude of Sovjets as well).

Of course, player to player, I have to admit that the pre-ordained instructions to the Allied nations to befriend Poland worked very well indeed in Polands favour after the aqcuisition of Germany, very well indeed.

Last edited:
Last days of German Reich.

ScreenSave0.jpg

Next was Operation Circling-Wolf

Invasion of fascist Austria was prepare for by re-inforcing all divisions to maximum strength, building of two new tactical-bomber squandrens to add to one squadran have already, make four altogether (at last, can make proper punch from sky!) and waiting for dissent from Operation Struwko to die down.
Also outfitted infantry and air divisions with latest thing in 1939 military equipment. Is reward for take Germany (five tech slots and 80 base IC now).

By way, was changing politics of Poland to increase support for Standing Army policy, but having to tolerate meddling in Poland political life by UK and France, Spadie them! :mad:

Operation Circling-Wolf is complete success, invasion of Austria not much to speak about, We Crush!

Now, it 1940. Next, am deciding who to invade.

Shall Poland invade Baltic States? Two of them fascist, one Paternal Autocrat (like Poland, so maybe we no throw stones eh) but unfortunately Russia gaurantee independence them.

Shall Poland invade Yugoslavia? No, france protect them. What about invade Italy? No, maybe abit strong, mostly too vast, they have territory in Africa but Poland navy is not so good.

Shall Poland invade Czechoslovakia? No, Czech have considerable defences in West, and is not fascist, which mean maybe Allies not look so kindly if Poland invade. Or more to point, Poland will need bigger army, don't like for war to drag on.

It decided, Poland will invade Romania, althogh Social Liberal, is very important supplier of oil. Poland will take most of Romania territory and IC, and create small harmless puppet state to deliver oil to Poland.

Dobrzyn, is decided.

Very nice. Few more (and bigger) screenies wouldn't hurt.

Glad to see you're not invading the Czechs, slav brothers must help, not destroy each other :)

Sovereign said:
Troops of Poland have earned well-earned rest, plenty vodka for everyone.

Of course, player to player, I have to admit that the pre-ordained instructions to the Allied nations to befriend Poland worked very well indeed in Polands favour after the aqcuisition of Germany, very well indeed.

damn, that was excellent! OH, do you have any leftover vodka? :wacko: after reading this, i think i could use some. ;)

LOL. those "pre-ordained instructions" sure came in handy!

also, what changes did you make to start the game? have you thought to make Germany part of Poland, that is, to give Poland cores on all of (greater) Germany?

subscribes

Hmm.

Smashing good work there. Excellent that the Third Reich was crushed early.
Though it looks like you're edging towards World War.

Maybe just take down the remaining Fascist states and then start up a trade union?
:D

Nice progres...
Don´t be chicken, join Allies and invade Italy ;)

Schizo! said:
Very nice. Few more (and bigger) screenies wouldn't hurt.

Glad to see you're not invading the Czechs, slav brothers must help, not destroy each other :)

I AM helping my Slav neigbours, by building a united Slavic Superstate. ;)

GhostWriter said:
damn, that was excellent!

...LOL. those "pre-ordained instructions" sure came in handy!

also, what changes did you make to start the game? have you thought to make Germany part of Poland, that is, to give Poland cores on all of (greater) Germany?

subscribes

I think France and Britain have Poland on their befriend list, I've made no changes to Grand Campaigne, so the German provinces are not my own, therefore Poland must continue to expand to ensure IC needs required for national security are maintained.

And I won't be using any F12 wizery either, Poland's honor is absolutely unquestionable! :)

Tskb18 said:
Hmm.

Smashing good work there. Excellent that the Third Reich was crushed early.
Though it looks like you're edging towards World War.

Maybe just take down the remaining Fascist states and then start up a trade union?
:D

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I also took Hungary after taking Austria. Phew, that campaigne completely slipped my mind. :eek:

Internationaly things are looking alright, France and Britain continue to siddle up to Poland, but annoyingly they also continue to meddle with my political sliders.

TWICE! TWICE they've taken my Standing Army setting down to six, after I'd bought it up to seven, eventually I gave up and decided Poland must gain enough IC to be impervious to their influences, in the meantime I've increased the power of the Hawk Lobby instead.

Wolfhound said:
Nice progres...
Don´t be chicken, join Allies and invade Italy ;)

Not chicken, Balkans comes before Italy, then if not the Baltic States due to the SU- Italy.

I beleive in Overwhelming Force Doctrine, even though Polands army is still reletively small, only 48 infrantry divs, 3 cavalry (useful for snatching provinces in encirclements) 6 armoured divs, 8 mountaineers, 1 HQ, 7 Tactical Bomber Groups and 6 interceptor Groups, they're mostly well experienced by now. :)

So far so good, Sovereign.

You've wiped out the belligerant Germany, followed by the Fascist Austria. Soon, Czecoslovakia will undoubtedly fall, and the authoritian Italians are far too great a threat on your south flank.

France as well, might get uppity, so you'll need to finish them. And Denmark is important to control the Baltic after the minor states there are annexed.

Afterwards, you'll need to do some diplomatic work to get Britain on your side, but by then, hawkish Greater Poland should be ready to launch a grand invasion against the Stalinist Russians, to wipe their evil philosophy off the face of the earth, thus insuring it's benevolent protection of Europe.

Hey...This is starting to sound eeriliy famiiliar... :eek:

Damocles said:
So far so good, Sovereign.

You've wiped out the belligerant Germany, followed by the Fascist Austria. Soon, Czecoslovakia will undoubtedly fall, and the authoritian Italians are far too great a threat on your south flank.

France as well, might get uppity, so you'll need to finish them. And Denmark is important to control the Baltic after the minor states there are annexed.

Afterwards, you'll need to do some diplomatic work to get Britain on your side, but by then, hawkish Greater Poland should be ready to launch a grand invasion against the Stalinist Russians, to wipe their evil philosophy off the face of the earth, thus insuring it's benevolent protection of Europe.

Hey...This is starting to sound eeriliy famiiliar... :eek:

You Lie! Poland is not like them!:mad:

:p

Leadership of Poland is not warmonger, is Flag Collector, see- is intentions is benevolent.

ScreenSave1.jpg

As can see, only 1 fascist in Polish cabinet...

ScreenSave2.jpg

Preperation for new Strategic Air Posture, and manpower-issues restrict expansion of Armed Forces of Poland...

ScreenSave3.jpg

Progress Report soon.

Operation Goatlord.

Previously, I wanted going to war with most of Balkan States with one declare-of -war, because Yugoslavia, Romania and Greece all was joined in Bulkan Triumvirite Alliance.

Unfortunately, by January 1940, BTA was broken up (maybe for better, because Yugoslavia gaurantee by France complicate things, bardzo problem is can happen from this).

Now, Romania is have no alliance, no gaurantee independance, no even Treaty of Non-Aggression, Romania is Ripe for Taking! Only waiting for reinforcement of forces from after Operation Wheely (was Hungary Campaign) and upgrade of army to latest must-have outfit for 1940's Soldier-about-town.

Eventually, all is complete, I command move forces to positions, but unfortunately forget about weather! Is still winter... never mind, Poland have Basic Encryption, Romania not beleived to have Basic Decryption yet, so will watch Romania disposition-of-forces, see if they is respond to Poland deployments. In meantime, Operation Goatlord await retreat of winter from Romania.

ScreenSave4.jpg

Finally, snows and rain gone from Romania... Season of War arrive.

ScreenSave5.jpg

So no need waste anymore time, time is of essence, bribes and vodka sent to SU to keep big bear sweet, same thing America, keep UncleTom complicit, they no like Poland much but... can keep mouth shut and not make fuss if price right.

And then, War is Declare!

In this peaceful world, War declare is always shocking to all of world, even Leadership of Poland feel abit... shocked. I send armies into Romania, Operation Goatlord begin.

ScreenSave6.jpg

Main thrust of Group A in north into Iasi, while approach of Group B from West into Arad. Plan is Group A rush south to Bucharest and split country in two, with Group A-minor move from guarding-postition in Stanislawow and take Beltsy with support from elements of Group-A in Iasi.

Group-B meanwhile seize lowlands in west and support Group-A when destroy enemy position in mountains.

Last edited:
Arad Taken! Onward immediately to Sibiu and Cluj-Napoca. Resistance in Iasi is already dissintergrate!

ScreenSave7.jpg

As invasion by Poland of Romania proceed, Romania realise doom and panic, offer peace...

ScreenSave8.jpg

Poland brush aside. Is for greater good of all Slavs.

Must remain steely and determined.

As can see in previous image, almost entire Romanian army in north is on run, they scattered and confuse, they reacting this way and that, no clue which way to go, what kind thing to do, they is become demoralized and battered, this image is how was done. Only Beltsy resist overwhelming, as can see by previous image (May 12) Romania still hold, but because of sudden Polish Deluge (heheh, take that history!) they weaken position to three divisions so next time, Polish assault on Beltsy will work.

Poland rush on, Poland no want kill fellow Slavs, sooner victory is maked, is better for all concerned.

ScreenSave9.jpg

Last edited: