• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
how is possible to defeat all enemies?
i played the mod and i have problems...
i become tsarist and i'm brought deeper and deeper into conflicts in balkans
i become USSR and japan and poland attacks me
i become orthodox and poland attacks...
it is all too soon i've didn't menage to create army strong enough to defend new Russia...
especialy the poland they are too strong ;\

soonerborn0524 said:
You may have already seen this, but I took all of the Orthodox cores and the "Proclamation of Vladimir I," and GeneralHannibal suggested this:

Yep, will look into this - the core map in your AAR did look a bit messy!

SeanB said:
You can potentially become much stronger than the USSR however in the game. So perhaps there is some way of checking this?

You can technically get more cores and land than the USSR if you play your cards right, but it's unlikely you'll actually be much stronger than the USSR at a similar point in a vanilla game - you don't have the benefits of the USSR's tech teams and your IC starts off at a much lower base and remains there for the first few years. So, your army is going to be smaller (if possibly have better doctrines), and your tech is going to be a bit behind.

As far as Central Asia specifically goes, these areas are going to create significant additional problems when conquered, owing to them having a definite period of existance as independant states.

Deus Eversor said:
how is possible to defeat all enemies?
i played the mod and i have problems...
i become tsarist and i'm brought deeper and deeper into conflicts in balkans
i become USSR and japan and poland attacks me
i become orthodox and poland attacks...
it is all too soon i've didn't menage to create army strong enough to defend new Russia...
especialy the poland they are too strong ;\

:D Other people have actually played the mod a lot more than I have, but it's supposed to be difficult! I believe the key is generally to be opportunistic and react to your enemies' weaknesses, and try to only fight one war at a time (which may nevertheless be difficult the way that the belligerence is set up in this current version).

something wonderful happened
i forbidden modernisation and made large army
i become USSR and only poland declared war
i japans never declared to me a war and with that they just signed doom for everyone!
i will liberate now entire world a nothing will oppose me and the technology of peace!
ONE VISION! ONE PURPOSE! PEACE THROUGH POWER!

great mod though

Deus Eversor said:
i have the problem with technology it is frozen!!!

please help it is makeing me hard time when it is technology of tanks infantry and industry!!!!

begging for help!!!

That's down to a bug in the change TAG command (which is why I say in the FAQ that you shouldn't become the Soviet Union!). If you cancel all research, save the game and reload, it might make things better and you can start researching new techs.

well thanks...
i played 3 times more and estimated time of change when i shouldn't research enything
if you work very leftist you should cancel all research before 11day 01month 38year

The mod works fine under Doomsday - just AI does not use spies.

NikkTheTrick said:
The mod works fine under Doomsday - just AI does not use spies.

Also, the new AIs are still based on the vanilla 1.3 HOI2 ones, rather than the Doomsday versions. So, they may be slightly less effective.

Sarmatia1871 said:
Also, the new AIs are still based on the vanilla 1.3 HOI2 ones, rather than the Doomsday versions. So, they may be slightly less effective.
I'd say AI is at least as effective in DD as it is in HoI2. The only issue is that it might not benefit from enhanced DD AI, but I am not even sure of that.

Slider automation alone makes DD totally worth buying :D

NikkTheTrick said:
I'd say AI is at least as effective in DD as it is in HoI2. The only issue is that it might not benefit from enhanced DD AI, but I am not even sure of that.

Slider automation alone makes DD totally worth buying :D
YES. Playing it on DD now and loving the setup, makes me wish it was possible to combine it with some of the research improvements of HSR or other mods.

not much if you want more of the world to change than download kaiserreich

abdul-jabar said:
Is this Russia/balkan based mod only? ....

how does it change the game in other parts of the world?

Europe specificially.

There are new events for Poland, Germany, France, Italy and Japan. Also, the situation caused by the replacement of the very strong Soviet Union by the various Russian states and aggrandised Poland cause the dynamics of the world wars to be quite different to vanilla games.

(See Timotheus' very good Italy AAR for an example....)

(See Timotheus' very good Italy AAR for an example....)

Thank you very much.

Though if you're going to read it be aware that not quite everything that happens in it is due to the ATR mod itself. Sometimes I have added in things due to specific circumstances in the game (such as the recent French surrender). Still, the majority of the stuff in the first 4-5 years was ATR based.

If we have bug reports for this mod, would you prefer they are posted here or over on the KaiserReich subforums? Since I don't have an account there yet and I am lazy, so here's a few I spotted:

1. 1940 Duma elections fired twice in my game, the first with the Tsar (I selected a constitutional monarchy) and the second without (General Dsomething was back in charge). I checked the file and I don't see a Sleep Event command, so adjusting the freedom slider in the election may trigger a second election.

2. Two General Vlassovs. Not that I mind...

Last edited: