##### ALL THE RUSSIAS
##### Version 0.4a
To download, follow the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/4645708/..._4.0a.zip.html (57.80MB)
Greetings to all! Here is the long-awaited fourth version of ‘All the Russias’. This is possibly as close to a ‘complete’ version as is going to be released, incorporating several months of feedback, so play and give further comments. Any new updates (eg. Panslavism, moving vs. Turkey) are likely to be ported over later once they’re done for Kaiserreich.
Slight change to the installation, as everything is packaged inside the JSGME utility. To use, extract these files into your HOI2 directory (with HOI2 patched to 1.3b), load up the application, select 'All the Russias 4.0' from the list, and move it across by clicking the ‘>’ button. The next time you run the game, all the mod and scenario files will be active. Reverse this process to deactivate the files, and return to the vanilla game.
Version 4.0a Changes
* Added a new loadup event for Russia, for the benefit of those who don’t read the FAQ.
* Bug-fixed in “Fourth Option” Constitution event – should no longer fire for Wrangel.
* Tanna Tuva swallowed up by Mongolia.
* Mongolia given more VPs in the south.
* Russia’s inappropriate motorized divisions culled.
* New AIs for most new countries.
* Some Polish and Russia minor armies still in Russian -> Big job to change which will have no real gameplay impact, so being left for later.
* Peacetime music might stop playing after a while -> If this happens, save and reload and everything should be in order (probably caused by a song not being recorded properly, but haven’t been able to locate it!).
* There is a bug in the change country command, which means that the events which transform Russia into the Soviet Union will mess up your research. So, you need to stay as Russia until these events are reworked!
Version 4.0 Changes
* Irritating error message on loadup removed - Eternal gratitude for Hammerfalls for this!
* New and improved 1.3 style AIs for all countries
* Gave the Kazakh Republic some VPs in the North – this changes the dynamics of the Central Asian wars considerably!
* Several new Russian, Kazakh and Turkestani Ministers, and a couple of new pictures for others.
* Poland beefed up– eternal gratitude to the people at the II Rep Mod for letting me use their tech-teams and leaders (Everyone is ordered to go here and download it: http://www.2rpmod.lewel.pl/index6.php !)
* Duplicate Russian Generals have been liquidated (thanks to Zephyr 3 for finding them).
* Transamur provinces now produce more resources.
* ‘The Fourth Option’ -> A whole new domestic policy choice: Lead the reactionaries and blackguards of the old nobility as they attempt to reassert control, and put their weak-willed pawn, Grand Duke Dmitri Pavlovich, on the throne!
* Changes to Russian HoS and HoG will now also result in minister replacements.
* Russian minors no longer get the AI resource/production bump events, so their IC is more in line with vanilla minors (These will be restored though if there is an uproar!).
* A reformed Soviet Union is now a different shape.
* Russian belligerence from events has been toned down a bit
* Turkestan now gets fewer cores, but follows same general path of expansion (AI Turkestan will also now make friends…).
* AI Russia now more likely to start wars in Mongolia and elsewhere.
* Ugly war in the Caucasus events removed – the states should hopefully start fighting through their AIs now…
* Numerous horrible typos in the events have been corrected
* All too numerous bug-fixes and tweaks
* All new Music!!!! Now over three hours of Russian/Soviet/Orthodox music, so you won’t go mad with the former limited selection (Again, if you’re playing Poland, support the II Rep People by downloading their brilliant Polish music pack here: http://www.2rpmod.lewel.pl/index6.php )
* All new load-screens – minimalist-ish, based on pictures by Kuindzhi.
* Skins for Transamur, Mongolia, and Georgia– by T-Hiddemen
* New flags for Turkestan, Mongolia, and Transamur - also by T-Hiddemen
* New city pictures for Moscow and Vladivostok (from TurnerBenton’s pack).
Version 0.3 Changes
* Russian Asian policy
* Russian European policy
* "Faith and Nation" - Russia as the Defender of Orthodoxy
* German/Polish hegemony events.
* Reforming the Russian army
* Election events in the 1940s,
* One event chain each for the Caucasian states
* Transamur, Turkestan and Mongolia get more options to do damage in the Far East, as the "Panic in Siberia" events have been reworked substantially.
* Russia now gets all of the Soviet Union's leaders
* Lots and lots of minor bug fixes
Version 0.2 Changes
* Russian Revolution/Civil War events - if your dissent goes up too high, watch out - it could very well mean the end of Russia, forever!
* Polish-German relations events - three chains: Poland reacts to the Rhineland remilitarization; Italy's decision to side with Poland or Germany in the face of the Anschluss; and Polish reactions to the German threat on the Sudetenland.
* Peace Treaties- to resolve the situation after the various combinations of wars which could result from the above.
* Kazakh Republic events.
* Turkestan events, including regional reactions to war in Central Asia.
* AI files for most of the countries.
* Some new tech teams for RUS, TRA and MON
* A temporary extra event to give Russia some more cores at the beginning of 1939.
Version 0.1b Changes
* Fixed (hopefully!) disappearing Tsars and Vlasov's appearences
* Russia should now get tech teams with the "choose your direction" events
* A few Government and Minister changes for TRA, KAZ, MON, RUS & PRI (Anyone have a real picture for Semenov?)
* Don-Kuban Union has new flag (thank you Afalsjedi!) & events (these will depend on your foreign policy choice / Head of State)
* There's a new regime in Mongolia, so you should be a bit more careful about what you ask for - the new ruler's a bit unpredictable. The Transiberian Crisis should now be an actual crisis, rather than a fairly minor border incident...
Version 0.1a Changes
- Fixed bug which meant Tsars disappeared as Head of State if you save and reloaded
- Fixed some of the Transiberian events
The timeline starts from the (understandably unlikely) premise that following the October Revolution, Alexander Kerensky stayed in Russia and was able to make a series of political concessions and alliances with the various White Generals to form a united front. This, combined with the Entente intervention forces, was strong enough to gain control of Siberia and South-East European Russia by the end of 1920. However, the Bolsheviks still controlled the central industrial regions and transport hubs, and so couldn't be completely defeated. After several months of stalemate, the increasingly desparate and strained White forces made a deal with the independant Polish Republic, promising them the Ukraine and the Baltic states as its sphere of influence, in exchange for military intervention against the Red forces. This was agreed to, and Moscow and St. Petersburg fell to the Whites in September 1921.
A new Russian Republic was proclaimed on 12th October 1921. However, the central authority of the new state was weak, and by this time many former territories of the Russian Empire, including the three Caucasian states, the two Central Asian General Governorships and the Cossacks in the Don and Kuban regions, had formed into independant states.
Attempting to take advantage of the situation, Admiral Kolchak, one of the more powerful Generals (who managed to survive the Civil War in this time-line), attempted to stage a coup. He was blocked by loyalist forces, and made to flee to the Far-East. Here, the remanants of the Japanese intervention force set him up as a client ruler in the Transamur region. Mongolia, which was also moving into the political orbit of Japan, was able to take advantage of the power vacuum, and assert control over a part of the Trans-Siberian railroad.
Fast forward to 1936, and Kerensky and his ruling Right Social Revolutionary/Kadet coalition have controlled the central government for the past fifteen years, primarily through electoral manipulation and political maneuverings. However, throughout the country the influence of the government is barely felt, and three main factions are demanding change:
1) The left SRs, the Mensheviks and the remnants of the Bolsheviks are coalescing into a formidable leftist coalition, demanding a return to the ideals of 1917 and far reaching social reforms;
2) The bulk of the army and the Orthodox Church support the Defence Minister, Marshall Denikin, a man of apparent Republican sympathies, but who wishes to maintain order at the expense of liberty;
3) Finally, Baron Wrangel, hero of the Civil War and chief of the security forces, has been secretly organising cabals of radical military officers for the past decade - they believe that the sole solution to the country's problems is to emulate the example of Italy and Germany and develop a new, and distinctly Russian, fascist state.
Finally, on 4th January 1936, matters come to a head: