+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: The Apulian Persons Project

Cities in MotionDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Semper FiSword of the StarsEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Epilogue: state of the World 1820

Some more pics showing the political situation in the most interesting areas.

Europe and North Africa

We have already commented the superiority of France, Spain and Apulia, a sort of "Holy Alliance" of liberal states well radicated in the Western and Central part of the continent. On the other side, the league between the two most reactionary countries, Austria and Russia. Squeezed inbetween, the Kingdom of Lithuania, which has been able to absorbe the "Polish twin" in the '600s and survive unharmed until present days. Mono-cultural states comprise England, Scotland, Netherlands, Brandeburg and Ukraine. Sweden and Portugal have managed to build somewhat sizeable domains in Scandinavia and Morocco. North African states are almost all Ottoman vassals.

Subsaharian Africa

A messy patchwork of European colonies (can count Denmark, Turkey, Portugal, Sweden, France, England and Netherlands ... probably even Lithuania in out-of-range Somalia!). Anyway, Mali, Kongo and Zimbabwe got their merited access to sea. White provinces on the Indian Ocean belong to Ak Koyunlu (see next pic).

Middle East and Southern Asia

Ak Koyunlu: the real surprise of the game, spanning from Zanzibar to Azerbaijan, from Baghdad to the Indus River. The Mughals are losing ground after the expansion spree of the previous centuries, whereas other two interesting countries are Bengal and Dai Viet. Some European colonial activity in Southern India.

Far East

Not realling astonishing, apart the almost-real colonisation of Indonesia from those evil Dutch!

North America

Equally distributed among 5: Apulia, England, France, Spain and USA. In their shrinking lands resist the brave Iroquois, Dakotas and Navahos. Louisiana is an Apulian dependency.

... finally, South America

Yellow-green-orange as usual, but at least with some interesting developments: an untouched independent Catholic Inca Empire, a Portuguese Central America plus some rebel republics (Colombia, La Plata)
    Visit the MAARquesate of Mantua! Faith in Power (WoW 30-3-2003)
    From the Tower of Belem: A Portuguese AAR (WoW 7-11-2004)
    Know my land's history with "The Apulian Persons Project" EU2 Victoria Crusader Kings (WoW 9-5-2010) EU3

“Coelum non animum mutant qui trans mare currunt” - Horace
    (His heaven above the traveller may change, but not the soul within)

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    I'm waiting or those pie-charts.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

Strategos ton Exkoubitores Fulcrumvale's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: Revolutions

Interesting.
    A History of Baden- Will Bernard I von Baden-Baden and his wife Anna von Oettingen lead Baden to victory or disaster?
    Nominated for the Weekly AAR Showcase, 9/25/06!/ Nominated for Best Character Writer of the Week, 10/29/06!/ Winner, Favorite History-Book AAR, EU1/2, Q3 2006!

"And the dream would grow ever grander and more wonderful, and the higher it reached towards the impossible, the more beguiling it became."--Emile Zola

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by stnylan
    I'm waiting or those pie-charts.
    And extrapolation.
    WritAAr of the Week! - Week of Oct. 31, 2004

Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Epilogue: economy 1820

Let's conclude with the economic situation, starting from the famous power chart. For your convenience, I put in both 1820 and 1500 income bubbles in the same scale, just to make clear the development in the period. You cannot see Apulia in 1500 because it's too small...

... and this is the table from which the data are taken, where I've indicated in the last column the VPs at the end of the game (France rulez!) and in dark red the powers with the best figure overall (as you can see, Apulia has the highest techs and lowest inflation, and ranks 2nd in income and VPs).

The map of Europe shows the most advanced areas, where the first signs of Industrial Revolution have appeared in recent years...

And finally some more stuff from the ledger...

The evolution of revenues over time

The number of provinces

Details on the biggest cities of the Republic

Structures and city improvements

... mmmh, now that stnylan is ok with the power chart, I must think to something special to deliver to Van Engel
    Last edited by Hastu Neon; 01-12-2006 at 08:18.
    Know my land's history with "The Apulian Persons Project" EU2 Victoria Crusader Kings (WoW 9-5-2010) EU3

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    What can I say, I am satiated.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    My library and My blog

Hmmm, after some thinking about it... i'm here to say that i'm not going to extrapolate (as Van Engel requested)... but ...

i'm going directly to play it!

i'll use for the first time the converter EU2Vic and see what happens. let u know soon. in the meantime, i can consider this AAR having reached

THE END

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Two smilies:

followed by:

WritAAr of the Week! - Week of Oct. 31, 2004

Blog Entries
    Great! Heading over to Vicky...
    My library and My blog

Strategos ton Exkoubitores Fulcrumvale's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: Revolutions

Onwards to a new age!
    A History of Baden- Will Bernard I von Baden-Baden and his wife Anna von Oettingen lead Baden to victory or disaster?
    Nominated for the Weekly AAR Showcase, 9/25/06!/ Nominated for Best Character Writer of the Week, 10/29/06!/ Winner, Favorite History-Book AAR, EU1/2, Q3 2006!

"And the dream would grow ever grander and more wonderful, and the higher it reached towards the impossible, the more beguiling it became."--Emile Zola

New APP chapter!

Hey, I'm back after a loooong time with the second part of the Apulian Persons Project. Follow the link in my sig to see what's happening on the Victoria AAR forum! and enjoy the read!

PS. I won't convert this game into a Vicky/VIP GC as I initially tought: too messy. The game will be merely played with the Kingdom of Two Sicilies, covering at start the southern half of the peninsula + Sicily.
    Last edited by Hastu Neon; 06-09-2007 at 12:13.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8