• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Epilogue: state of the World 1820

Some more pics showing the political situation in the most interesting areas.

1820emehh3.jpg

Europe and North Africa

We have already commented the superiority of France, Spain and Apulia, a sort of "Holy Alliance" of liberal states well radicated in the Western and Central part of the continent. On the other side, the league between the two most reactionary countries, Austria and Russia. Squeezed inbetween, the Kingdom of Lithuania, which has been able to absorbe the "Polish twin" in the '600s and survive unharmed until present days. Mono-cultural states comprise England, Scotland, Netherlands, Brandeburg and Ukraine. Sweden and Portugal have managed to build somewhat sizeable domains in Scandinavia and Morocco. North African states are almost all Ottoman vassals.

1820afrwa0.jpg

Subsaharian Africa

A messy patchwork of European colonies (can count Denmark, Turkey, Portugal, Sweden, France, England and Netherlands ... probably even Lithuania in out-of-range Somalia!). Anyway, Mali, Kongo and Zimbabwe got their merited access to sea. White provinces on the Indian Ocean belong to Ak Koyunlu (see next pic).

1820aslz3.jpg

Middle East and Southern Asia

Ak Koyunlu: the real surprise of the game, spanning from Zanzibar to Azerbaijan, from Baghdad to the Indus River. The Mughals are losing ground after the expansion spree of the previous centuries, whereas other two interesting countries are Bengal and Dai Viet. Some European colonial activity in Southern India.

1820feuw4.jpg

Far East

Not realling astonishing, apart the almost-real colonisation of Indonesia from those evil Dutch!

1820naoq3.jpg

North America

Equally distributed among 5: Apulia, England, France, Spain and USA. In their shrinking lands resist the brave Iroquois, Dakotas and Navahos. Louisiana is an Apulian dependency.

1820sary0.jpg

... finally, South America

Yellow-green-orange as usual, but at least with some interesting developments: an untouched independent Catholic Inca Empire, a Portuguese Central America plus some rebel republics (Colombia, La Plata)

I'm waiting or those pie-charts.

Interesting.

Epilogue: economy 1820

Let's conclude with the economic situation, starting from the famous power chart. For your convenience, I put in both 1820 and 1500 income bubbles in the same scale, just to make clear the development in the period. You cannot see Apulia in 1500 because it's too small...

graphwg3.jpg

... and this is the table from which the data are taken, where I've indicated in the last column the VPs at the end of the game (France rulez!) and in dark red the powers with the best figure overall (as you can see, Apulia has the highest techs and lowest inflation, and ranks 2nd in income and VPs).

tablesd5.jpg

The map of Europe shows the most advanced areas, where the first signs of Industrial Revolution have appeared in recent years...

eureconpr1.jpg

And finally some more stuff from the ledger...

The evolution of revenues over time

revap8.jpg

The number of provinces
terrmu0.jpg

Details on the biggest cities of the Republic
citiesmc4.jpg

Structures and city improvements
structsk0.jpg

... mmmh, now that stnylan is ok with the power chart, I must think to something special to deliver to Van Engel :confused:

Last edited:
What can I say, I am satiated. ;)

Hmmm, after some thinking about it... i'm here to say that i'm not going to extrapolate (as Van Engel requested)... but ...

i'm going directly to play it!

i'll use for the first time the converter EU2Vic and see what happens. let u know soon. in the meantime, i can consider this AAR having reached

THE END

Great! Heading over to Vicky...

Onwards to a new age!

New APP chapter!

Hey, I'm back after a loooong time with the second part of the Apulian Persons Project. Follow the link in my sig to see what's happening on the Victoria AAR forum! and enjoy the read!

PS. I won't convert this game into a Vicky/VIP GC as I initially tought: too messy. The game will be merely played with the Kingdom of Two Sicilies, covering at start the southern half of the peninsula + Sicily.

Last edited: