• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
durecellrabbit said:
Don't be boring, attack the English.
If I attack Venezuela, it will bring Brazil into a war. Right now, I dont have the military force in South America to take them both on...

Attack Haiti or the Dominican Republic.

Then, build good relations with Britian and try to buy their Caribbean islands.

Rocketman said:
Attack Haiti or the Dominican Republic.

Then, build good relations with Britian and try to buy their Caribbean islands.

to me, that is all good advise. well, maybe you could attack Haiti and the Dominican Republic at the same time? if that seems a bit too much, then attack the farthest and then those same troops could take on the other while on the way home. :cool:

GhostWriter said:
to me, that is all good advise. well, maybe you could attack Haiti and the Dominican Republic at the same time? if that seems a bit too much, then attack the farthest and then those same troops could take on the other while on the way home. :cool:
Yep, good advice. But, attacking Britain would be suicide. :eek:

el presidentse said:
You will never peaceably acquire anything. Your BB is too high.

You know he`s cheating? He can always use "Neville".

Freddan said:
You know he`s cheating? He can always use "Neville".

also, he can edit the save file to reduce the BB.... or, just run an event (that i heard about, don't remember where) that reduces BB.

sorry guys, but i don't consider any method of BB reduction cheating...

I consider BB reduction the worst kind of cheating, actually. It exists to hinder players who are acting with too much wild ambition for their own good, and I dislike reducing it unless there's a sane reason to. (I've done it for the sake of an AAR where the manner of conquest shouldn't have accrued BB, or at least not as much as usual, although to be technical the game I was playing it in never did reach the AAR stage.)

I decided to finally destroy the threat of Venezuela. When I attacked Venezuela, Brazil DoW'ed me. I easily destroyed Venezuela, then turned by attention to attacking Brazil.

USCA12.jpg

So far, I am having problems with attrition in the Amazon. After each couple of moves, I have to reinforce.

USCA13.jpg

Do you think I'll be able to finish off Brazil without my entire male population being killed off by attrition?

el presidentse said:
..I dislike (BB reduction) unless there's a sane reason..

in that sense, we are on the same page. i don't warmonger, so any BB is a result of (normally? [ya, right !]) acquiring some German minors as Prussia... that said, i do feel that BB should have a higher annual reduction, something in the 15% to 25% per year reduction... :wacko:

Earth's Savior said:
So far, I am having problems with attrition in the Amazon. After each couple of moves, I have to reinforce.

bummer. the only way i know of to reduce attrition is to use a leader that has a negative attrition attribute... and, those leaders are hard to get. :)

I kept going through the rainforests of Brazil. And I finally have to make peace, I keep getting revolts.

USCA14.jpg

I dont know, I may quit this AAR. The USCA has a rebellion every few days, and sometimes, a division defects.

Psst - conquered provinces in Victoria have nationalist revolts for 10 years. That's why it's conventionally a poor idea to bite off more than you can chew with respect to land conquest.

el presidentse said:
Psst - conquered provinces in Victoria have nationalist revolts for 10 years. That's why it's conventionally a poor idea to bite off more than you can chew with respect to land conquest.
In MY OWN territory, there are almost daily revolts!

You will get an event, "The USCA survives," lowering militancy in 1850 if none of the Central American revolters. What year are you in now?

EDIT: You may also have significant war exhaustion. If you are constantly at war then the revolts will eventually become totally unmanageable.

durecellrabbit said:
Could you make your screenshots a little bigger Earth's Savior. Its hard to give you *cough* advice *cough* if we don't know much other than what territory you own :) .
How? I use Photobucket.

It is 1847 I believe...