• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(44784)

Who is John Galt?
May 28, 2005
This is my first Victoria AAR, and I dont know everything about the game. I use cheats(so please dont snipe me). I decided to so a United States of Central America AAR, because I havent seen one before. Well, here it is. I ope you enjoy:

I started out by building up military manpower, so I could build an army. After I built manpower, I started on an army.

USCA1.jpg

I needed to enlarge the USCA by going to war with someone, so I chose my neighbor to the south(Columbia). I was making really good progress against thier relatively small army.

USCA2.jpg

I get a message saying something about the country getting torn apart, I ignore it because nothing happens. Suddenly, revolts break out all over the country and I think "holy &#$@"! I had to send some of my military to fight the revolts, spreading my forces thin in Columbia.

USCA3.jpg

One of these groups of rebels created thier own country. I finally was able to put down all the rebellions, but I had to make peace with Columbia. Now it seems its time to fix everything that was broken, and help my country recover. Maybe hold another election...

USCA4.jpg

What should I do next? I shall let the people decide(as long as it is nothing crazy).

I think you should invade Mexico once you've crushed the nationalist revolts (unless of course you have sufficent troops to spare, in which case invade whenever). Boring maybe, but doable.

Fiftypence said:
I think you should invade Mexico once you've crushed the nationalist revolts (unless of course you have sufficent troops to spare, in which case invade whenever). Boring maybe, but doable.
What do you think about finishing off Columbia? Or should I ally with Texas(they keep sending me alliance proposals) and go for straight for Mexico?

Earth's Savior said:
What do you think about finishing off Columbia? Or should I ally with Texas(they keep sending me alliance proposals) and go for straight for Mexico?

I think go straight for Mexico. The remaining Colombian provinces are not easy to conquer due to high attrition ratings etc and Mexico has some coal and iron provinces that will help you out. Texas won't be around for long, so I would suggest taking them out before they become a part of the USA.

Fiftypence said:
I think go straight for Mexico. The remaining Colombian provinces are not easy to conquer due to high attrition ratings etc and Mexico has some coal and iron provinces that will help you out. Texas won't be around for long, so I would suggest taking them out before they become a part of the USA.
Good point, that is what I'll do(as soon as I repair the country).

As soon as I converted more citizens to soldiers, I invaded Mexico. It was easy at the beginning, but then the damn Anarchist Liberals started to revolt again.

USCA5.jpg

With the revolters popping up again, I was forced to stop attacking Mexico. I managed to get alot of land before I had to sue for peace.

USCA6.jpg

I'm not sure what I should do next...

What should I do next?

And buy that damn little green patch, it just ruins the nice sea of white. :p

Rocketman said:
Start moving on the Caribbean islands.
I would rather not go to war with the British or the French.

@SeanB: That is Mexico City.

Central America is a nice area, but it doesnt have much population. I always have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for more troops. My population keeps revolting, and some of my troops join them! It is like they're determined to split the country! :eek:

What should I do next? :confused:

Earth's Savior said:
I would rather not go to war with the British or the French.

@SeanB: That is Mexico City.

Central America is a nice area, but it doesnt have much population. I always have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for more troops. My population keeps revolting, and some of my troops join them! It is like they're determined to split the country! :eek:

What should I do next? :confused:
Don't worry, you will get a End of the revolution event which will calm everyone down. :D

I think it's 20 years into the game for Vanilla but in VIP, we toned it back to under 10.

tyrel68 said:
Don't worry, you will get a End of the revolution event which will calm everyone down. :D

I think it's 20 years into the game for Vanilla but in VIP, we toned it back to under 10.
At one point, half my population was Anarchist Liberal! That number has shrunk, but revolts are still occuring.

There will be an update in a few hours. :)

I go to war again with Columbia and annex them. Still, there are a whole crapload of revolts across the country. I got some manpower out of Columbia, then started construction on a navy.

USCA7.jpg

I went to war again with Mexico.

USCA8.jpg

As I faught my way up Mexico, the US joined the war against Mexico. They started snatching up some territory near Texas. A while ago, Texas became a dominion of the United Kingdom. Finally, I settled for some of the land I conquered.

USCA9.jpg

Revolts just keep happening! What should I do next?

Fiftypence said:
Invade Ecuador
ja.gif
I'm wondering if I should wait until the US swallows Mexico, then DoW and annex them. Should I try that?

Earth's Savior said:
I'm wondering if I should wait until the US swallows Mexico, then DoW and annex them. Should I try that?

them? as, the US or Mexico? if Mexico, then it would be killer for you and the US to conquere all of Mexico, and then you annex Mexico! {out from under the US. :D } YES !

subscribes

hmmm annex Mexico..

I agree with Ghostwriter...That would be an interesting turn of events! What would happen of the most powerful nation in the Western hemisphere was in CA and SA instead of the north?

And as an aside...Hurricane Katrina brought something to mind as there is apparently an oilrig floating loose in the gulf now.....does Vicky take natural disasters into account as events such as Hurricanes? I'm new to the game so I just don't know...I think I will stop by the VIP section and drop it in as a comment too :)

There are occasionally random events, and the VIP includes a lot of country-specific flavor events (major native battles for the American West, aphids for Germany, &c.) - so after a fashon, sure.

I decided to go to war with Equador to get more land. Attacking them was easy, they only had 2 divisions.

USCA10.jpg

Unfortunately, the US made peace with Mexico and I wont ge able to get the territory I want.

USCA11.jpg

I got a message a while back saying that Venezuela was helping the revolters, so I might have to attack them. What do you think?