• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Draco Rexus said:
“Your Majesty, there are indications that Burgess has close ties with George Dawson, the editor of The Times, who has close personal ties with Chancellor Chamberlain.”

The solution is easy. Off with the Chancellor's head!!!
ja.gif

Our story isn't done with dear old Chamberlain as of yet. :D

Hey friends and neighbors, I added a few photos throughout what I've got written thus far. Could ya'll take a gander at 'em and let me know what you think? Meaning, do they add to the story, take away, should I keep searching for more, or should I just concentrate on the storey itself?

Just let me know. Thanks much. :)

The pictures look quite nice, DR. It adds to the presentation and helps put name or scene with the words. Very nice!

Draco Rexus said:
“I had the same concern, Your Highness,” replied Simon, “however, Petrie made it clear that MI-5 would be watching these individuals very closely and has made it known to them that the MI-5 agents watching them have been given instructions to eliminate them the moment there is a sign that they have turned traitor a second time...”

ah yes, a public execution is very inexpensive! "My Dear, Lord Chamberlain went through a red signal at a railroad crossing. the poor Dear Lad." :cool: of course, an investigation would find out that Chamberlain was drunk at the time...

no question about it, that train was in the service of the country! :wacko:

even so, the service to King and Country can be much greater if those persons who chose allegiance to a foreign power are turned... :D

Has the Army reatached the Royak prefix? (I think it might have but can't see where).. Great stuff.

Last edited:
Bah. It's not the Roral Army. It's the British Army, and has been ever since Cromwell! Not some royal extravagance like the Royal Navy or the Royal Air Force.

Not to mention those damn royals casting asperions on those delightful Cambridge chaps. Edward must have gone to Oxford, damnable German.

Well it would be incredibly symbolic if these Royal types changed it back the Royal Army, and what have you.

Absolutely fantastic writing style there mate, got to say I love the way you go back from history book style to the there & then. Quite rivetting.

Of course it is shocking that the royals could state such a coup to gain power is absolutely abhorent & I'd hope to see a rebellion from my fellow troublesome Scots in order to support freedom & democracy ;)

Forkboy has a point. I mean, the Royals effectively staged a bloodless coup by bringing down the Baldwin government. They can't really resent it when someone else tries!

Well done, Draco! I'm in on this one!

Thanks much for the input, folks! :cool:

Originally Posted by forkboy
Of course it is shocking that the royals could state such a coup to gain power is absolutely abhorent & I'd hope to see a rebellion from my fellow troublesome Scots in order to support freedom & democracy ;)

Originally Posted by CatKnight
Forkboy has a point. I mean, the Royals effectively staged a bloodless coup by bringing down the Baldwin government. They can't really resent it when someone else tries!

Well, I wouldn't say that the Royals have done anything that is objectionable, do you? I mean, all they did was invite themselves back into the daily governing of their Empire, right? It's not as if they have suspended elections or any of those nasty and messy tools of democracy, eh? Heck, they have even allowed Parliament the right to come up with who will head all the departments that do not make up the Privy Council, wasn't that nice? :D

Originally Posted by Gjerg Kastrioti
Bah. It's not the Roral Army. It's the British Army, and has been ever since Cromwell! Not some royal extravagance like the Royal Navy or the Royal Air Force.

Originally Posted by Sir Humphrey
Well it would be incredibly symbolic if these Royal types changed it back the Royal Army, and what have you.

Gjerg, might I remind you that the Royal Navy, as the Senior Service, has been something more than an "royal extravagance" since well before dear Oliver was a sparkle in the eye and a scratch in the loins of his father? :D Actually, though, never fear, the tradition of the army being "the British Army" are to far inbred in the British pysche, Royal or not, to be considered to be changed. But, with that being said, the Army might be British, but the Regiments are the King's! :cool:

Originally Posted by Ghostwriter
ah yes, a public execution is very inexpensive!

Aren't they, though? However, the "accidental" public execution won't be an option with dear Neville. That would not do for someone of his stature, eh?

therev - yep, Neville is not one to toss aside thoughtlessly, hence the Royals keeping him on board when they came back into their own several months ago. However, when you got someone like that being a pain for as long as he has been, you begin to decide it might not really be worth the pain in the backside, know what I mean? :D Also, thanks for the complement on my writing... I am quite concerned I might be boring everyone but myself on this one, which is one of the reasons it's taken me so long to actually try to write an AAR.

coz1 - thanks for the opinion on the photos.... I'm having almost as much fun looking for cool photos to use as I am playing the game and writing up the story to go with it! :D

Great updates of late. Any chance of getting a global screen shot anytime soon?

At this moment, no. However, just imagine the map the start of the game and make Italy in control of the Horn of Africa and everything else being the same. :rolleyes: :D

Actually, if someone can help clue in your feeble minded writAAR how to get a screen shot saved, I might be able to post some in the coming days? :wacko: :D

Good update Draco, and I really like your pictures. They are a nice touch to the story :D
And as for the screen shots, you just press F11 while in the game, and then the picture is normally saved to your HoI2 folder. From there you can uploaded it to a picture host on the net and then post it here as any normal picture. You might want to minimize the screenshot a little though, since normally the HoI2 screenshots directly form the game can be pretty big ;)

Of course it would something so freakin' simply that I wouldn't even think of that! :mad: :wacko: :rolleyes: :D :rofl:

:g: The same strategy (F11) works in CK and EU2 as well, and I'm pretty sure Vicky. It's definitely useful! (I only found out recently myself - print screen to clipboard/open Paint/paste was getting annoying.)

Drooling in aticipation at the next update.

Thanks guys! :wacko:

I've got the next update partially written out, partially floating around the dark and scary hallways of my mind, and as soon as my work load slows down a bit (or I blow it off and make some time) I'll try to get it all squared away and posted.

Thanks for the anticipation folks! :)