• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(44784)

Who is John Galt?
May 28, 2005
In late-1934, Indochina is a French colony. The weakening French empire has few soldiers stationed in Indochina, with rising Indochinese nationalism.

In that same time period, a young man appeared in the Cambodian countryside. He was reported to have strange "powers" by the locals, since he killed every member of a gang that was terrorizing a Cambodian town. When this young man arrived at Hanoi, he asked to simply be called Earth's Savior. This is his story...

He saw the outdated French tanks rolling down the street, then started towards Hanoi City Hall. The French guards tried to stop him at the door, he didnt, then they fired. The French troops looked in confusion as the bullets had no effect, the turret of a nearby Renault then rotated towards Earth's Savior. The shell hit him point blank, but when the dust cleared, he was not even scratched. He then pulled out a strange looking rifle, carefully took aim, and killed 9 French soldiers before they retreated. The bystanders looked with awe as he took control of the building; within months, word spread and he gained the loyalty of the city.

indochina-1925.jpg

By March 1935, Earth's Savior had the loyalty of most of Indochina. He preached independence and told of an Indochinese superpower. In April 1935, he lead the armies of Indochina in a revolt against French rule.

Early in the war, he gained a power base in northern Vietnam to fight the French. The determined Indochinese soldiers overran the French occupiers and pushed them down to Cambodia. Outside of Phnom Penh, several French officers decided to launch a Great War-style chlorine attack. This attack failed and brave Indochinese overran the gas pumps. By October 1935, Indochina pushed the French to their last refuge: the coastal town of Phumi Lamdam. Earth's Savior ordered an assault against the fort, and after a bloody battle, Indochina secured the city.

img00047.jpg

In November 1935, Indochina's diplomats met in London to discuss a peace. Unfortunately, the officers in charge of the gas attack were not to be tried for war crimes. Indochina gained it's independence from France. Earth's Savior was now leading a unified Indochina...

c47.jpg

"YYYESSSSS!!! I AM EENVEENCIBLE!!!"

*various liquid oxygen tanks blow up behind Earth's Savior and insta-freeze him* :rofl:

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, you're starting already?! :mad:

Earth's Savior said:
Jesus Christ, you're starting already?! :mad:

We like to start our parties as early as possible. :D

Hey ES, i got a question. How the fuck did you maintain the resources to support over 1000 IC, hell, even 500 IC! How the f*ck do you do it?! It takes 2 energy, 1 metal, and 1/2 rare material to support one IC. That would mean like, -2000 energy, -1000 metal, and -500 rare material everyday! How the hell did you do it?!

Carthade said:
Hey ES, i got a question. How the fuck did you maintain the resources to support over 1000 IC, hell, even 500 IC! How the f*ck do you do it?! It takes 2 energy, 1 metal, and 1/2 rare material to support one IC. That would mean like, -2000 energy, -1000 metal, and -500 rare material everyday! How the hell did you do it?!

Cheating.

KlavoHunter said:
"YYYESSSSS!!! I AM EENVEENCIBLE!!!"

*various liquid oxygen tanks blow up behind Earth's Savior and insta-freeze him* :rofl:
:rofl: that scene of Golden Eye... was priceless...

Way to go Earth's Savior, cheating is fun and if there's any one that thiks otherwise... well, that is a different opininon and as such I am bond to respect it by my ethical beliefs... ZOK! (Batman punch in the face of everyone who's complaining).

dislcaimer* I don't think cheating is fun in my games it is just that I do think sarcasm can be very fun indeed.

Last edited:
*starts calming down the masses*

Lets see where he goes, and what this magician can pull out of his hat.

Earth's Saviour is having fun. Probably picking up a bit of Paradox-coding-modding know-how.
Seriously, nobody is forcing you into Multiplayer against his Indochina.

Nice map to start things off, ES. As always, a very different approach to the story.

:D

I think, in all fairness, why not write a story instead based on a game, and not on the actualy game, therefor allowing you to avoid aligations of cheating and carrying on the story.

Look, seriously all of you...

Just leave him alone; yes, he cheats... I too find that a bit annoying, but I don't mind. I don't persecute him for it - why? Because what's the point? It's just plain... Mean to do so.

Why criticise him for making this AAR? If anyone would like to read it, as there may be a few who like AARs which are unrealistic, as a break from normality, can, and will. While if you personally do not want to. Simply don't. Don't ruin it for others (If there are any, I don't know, but who knows, this might turn out to be a funny AAR where you might like it... Edit: I do see Tskb18, and I hope Earth's Savior will ignore all of you, continue his AAR, for himself and those who want to read it.) or for Earth's Savior.

To tell you the truth, at the start, yes he was annoying to me with his constant cheating. I still don't condone it, and I would prefer if he laid off the "I did XYZ!" "How?" "Cheats"... But I don't really care, I just keep my mouth shut. And, frankly, all of you are starting to annoy me a lot more than a cheater ever could. If he annoys you, then simply, and unfortunatly - if you can't become real people and over come what bothers you, ignore him.

Again: All of you are worse than any cheater - no matter how annoying.
Does he cheat against people? I don't know - I sincerely doubt it.
Does the way he play effect you in anyway, if he's playing the game by himself? Eh, no.

Come on, you people know how to act better, ignoring what's wrong with someone isn't the best, but it is a step up from constantly bashing them!

As a reader of these AARs, you should all keep in mind one important fact: These stories are alternative history, and as alternative history they shouldn't be subjected to nit-picking, inflammatory statements, knee-jerk reactions or sarcastic comments.

I shouldn't have to quote the rules.

Last edited:
Is this an AAR about a guy that likes to cheat?

If it wasn't then it's certainly becoming that :wacko:

Just let him write it .. nobody's forcing anybody else to read it. Plus some of the best AARs have been about cheating, eg. Prufrock's WAAR of the Worlds in EU2.

KlavoHunter: Do people try to tear down your AAR before it begins???

Nobody even knows how the AAR will go, I am trying to tell a story. The main character isnt invincible, you would find that out if you would've read the next updates. P.S.: a surprise is at hand at the end. ;)

Earth's Savior said:
KlavoHunter: Do people try to tear down your AAR before it begins???

Nobody even knows how the AAR will go, I am trying to tell a story. The main character isnt invincible, you would find that out if you would've read the next updates. P.S.: a surprise is at hand at the end. ;)
Answer me question, dammit! Unless you have 1,000,000 of each resource, your reserves should be draining faster than you can replenish in any way!

Carthade said:
Answer me question, dammit! Unless you have 1,000,000 of each resource, your reserves should be draining faster than you can replenish in any way!
1. I haven't even started the game yet, I plan on starting it in a few minutes.

2. I always give myself a massive amount of resources, but somehow, 3 million oil is gone in a game year. :eek:

Flashback:

The year is 2011, the world is at war. World War 3 has started when China invaded it's neighbors and the US intervened. A US soldier stuck by the effects of a gas attack went into a Vietnamese church and spoke to a priest, he could hardly breathe when he left the church. Stumbling, he walked to an old technical. When he reached it, the technical was struck by lightning, knocking him to the ground. He woke up to a war-torn area with the church being struck with artillery, he felt strange with an electromagnetic aura around him and the effects of the gas had disappeared. He saw Chinese tanks heading his way and he fired a mysterious electrical blast that shook the world, opening a rift in space! He ended up in the Cambodian countryside untouched by war, when he asked a hiker what happened, he found that the year was 1935!!!

Now with Indochina under his control, Earth's Savior started working to modernize the country, developing naval and airforce technology(as well as tanks). The French found a tape taken of the Hanoi City Hall incident and were trying to find ways to stop him.

va002287.jpg

Indochina was now unified and ready to change the balance of history...

Earth's Savior said:
Flashback:

The year is 2011, the world is at war. World War 3 has started when China invaded it's neighbors and the US intervened. A US soldier stuck by the effects of a gas attack went into a Vietnamese church and spoke to a priest, he could hardly breathe when he left the church. Stumbling, he walked to an old technical. When he reached it, the technical was struck by lightning, knocking him to the ground. He woke up to a war-torn area with the church being struck with artillery, he felt strange with an electromagnetic aura around him and the effects of the gas had disappeared. He saw Chinese tanks heading his way and he fired a mysterious electrical blast that shook the world, opening a rift in space! He ended up in the Cambodian countryside untouched by war, when he asked a hiker what happened, he found that the year was 1935!!!

Now with Indochina under his control, Earth's Savior started working to modernize the country, developing naval and airforce technology(as well as tanks). The French found a tape taken of the Hanoi City Hall incident and were trying to find ways to stop him.

va002287.jpg

Indochina was now unified and ready to change the balance of history...

$10 says thats a picture from the Vietnam Conflict.