• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
...Hyper Tech Venice game...

Would like to hear more about it.

Also, diploannexing Tunisia was not the best way.
I have also reminded to myself when playing - "1 shield province - diploannex, >1 - take away with war!"
The only exception is for countries which actually have only 1 or 2 provinces which are your cores - then diploannexing is the option then.

Actually for a perfect low-bb game you should avoid getting a province for more than 1BB.
Very good way to accomplish that is use an insult.
Just make sure you have -200 relations with that nation and then use the insult.

In case it didn't work, see if it has more powerful alliance mate and insult it..;)

If you still don't have success of being attacked, try not building troops for some time (while fighting some wars), that way they'll look at you as "weak".

Grundius said:
European conversion? Nah. I say take it all! You already own a large part of Africa, most of the Middle East and dominate the Balkan. The world should not be so hard to take, should it?

No it would not be too hard. But Im now back at work (fulltime) and my keeness for this game has plummeted. I just find it very, very difficult to continue when Im so powerful and when it becomes so easy, I said to myself before I started "just do it, continue to fight, conquer and convert", I had the best intentions to finish it when I started. I had played 30 years after the last update(annexed Benin and Hedjaz, converted all provinces to Sunni) and not a single country declared war = very dissapointing. So I wont say Im abandoning it yet, just putting it off for now, aawww Im just kidding myself, what the heck, Im abandoning it.

dsk said:
Your tech costs must be insane :eek:

Tech costs as of last post =

Land 11 = 4154
Naval 4 = 9745
Trade 3 = 33018
Infra 6 = 50842

I wouldnt call them insane :D .

Mr. Capiatlist said:
Bavaria is looking very big.... (relatively anyway)...
Those diplo annexes, they must have driven your BB up and your relations down! That was a lot....

BB did go up considerable, but I consider it the best chance of success with those diploannexation simply because "Süleymân I Kanuni" is such an excellent monarch DIP = 8, MIL = 9, ADM = 9 and gave me such a high chance of success.

binTravkin said:
Would like to hear more about it.

Venice Hypertech Boring as, didnt complete, got some more years to add-probably will never do.

binTravkin said:
Also, diploannexing Tunisia was not the best way.
I have also reminded to myself when playing - "1 shield province - diploannex, >1 - take away with war!"
The only exception is for countries which actually have only 1 or 2 provinces which are your cores - then diploannexing is the option then.

Actually for a perfect low-bb game you should avoid getting a province for more than 1BB.

Yes, diplo annexing Tunisia wasnt the best way, I did make a couple of mistakes with BB. It would have been cheaper BB wise, to have had an ally who wasnt a vassal annex those 3 countries in the balkans, then for me to boot from alliance then DOW and take the said provinces.

And I agree with the perfect low-BB game, except the Ottomans must annex Byzantium.

binTravkin said:
Very good way to accomplish that is use an insult.
Just make sure you have -200 relations with that nation and then use the insult.
In case it didn't work, see if it has more powerful alliance mate and insult it..;)
If you still don't have success of being attacked, try not building troops for some time (while fighting some wars), that way they'll look at you as "weak".
I think Ive tried this in the past with the insulting and it didnt work. I didnt do the weak looking way, I know it works, just didnt think about it.

P.S - Right now I just plan on playing(subbing) MP once a week. Hopefully I can join a new MP game soon and actually start and finish some sort of AAR.

Last edited:
That Venice stuff was really nice, have to try that out myself someday.

Haven't you tried hyperteching with empires?

If you go past 90 provinces, you get practically no techcost increase while your income rises with each new one..

Now keep up the Ottos!
Diplo-Annex all the muslims, become the supreme Muslim empire!:)

To bad about you abandoning it. I was really hoping for a straight-forward crush them all game! Still, it has to be fun for the writer first. So no hard feelings.

Gah! The first post of this AAR gave me flashbacks from the time I played Neopets (I know, I know, the shame, the shame :eek:o) and most people filled their shops with stupid and annoying graphics and music and cursor effects etc. *shudders*

...Which isn't to say your graphics are stupid and annoying ;) Your ones are cool.

Enjoyable AAR. The Ottoman Empire is one of my favourite countries to play, since you can just go bat-shit crazy from the outset, as you have shown so well :D Good show nabbing Andalusia and Murcia for 1BB each; I generally don't get them because I'm not prepared to pay more than that. A decent trick you can pull is to give Spain back Andalusia at some point between 1500 and 1511 so that they get the CoT and shipyard, then take it back. Giving them Andalusia any earlier than 1500 risks the province being converted in the Torquemada event. Too late for you to do that though.

Continue. *settles in*

binTravkin said:
That Venice stuff was really nice, have to try that out myself someday.

Haven't you tried hyperteching with empires?

If you go past 90 provinces, you get practically no techcost increase while your income rises with each new one..

I certainly dont recommend it, its really, really, really boring. With Empires, no, because when I go for size I dont invest in stability or trading generally.

Underhand said:
...Which isn't to say your graphics are stupid and annoying ;) Your ones are cool.

Enjoyable AAR. The Ottoman Empire is one of my favourite countries to play, since you can just go bat-shit crazy from the outset, as you have shown so well :D Good show nabbing Andalusia and Murcia for 1BB each; I generally don't get them because I'm not prepared to pay more than that. A decent trick you can pull is to give Spain back Andalusia at some point between 1500 and 1511 so that they get the CoT and shipyard, then take it back. Giving them Andalusia any earlier than 1500 risks the province being converted in the Torquemada event. Too late for you to do that though.

Cheers, glad you like it! Nice suggestion with the Cot and shipyard, have to try remember that for next time...if there is a next time.

binTravkin said:
Now keep up the Ottos!
Diplo-Annex all the muslims, become the supreme Muslim empire!:)
Grundius said:
To bad about you abandoning it. I was really hoping for a straight-forward crush them all game! Still, it has to be fun for the writer first. So no hard feelings.
Underhand said:
Continue. *settles in*

Well...I dont know...I'll consider it in the next week, it would be nice to actually play until 1819 and say Ive actually finished a game.

Last edited:
Nice story Real Deal.. enjoying.. not too much reading. not too much poetry and higyly developed litterature.. just plain and simple reports..

nice job taking the cores and converting most by the mid 1500s... I've done the whole job myself a couple of times.. but I wasn't finished converting until the time of Ahmed III... (The Tulip age 1700s)

Jeezus, about 700,000 people dead in 100 years? That's almost...*plays with his abbicus* ...7,000 people a year. How does your birth rate keep up? :eek:

Mr. Capiatlist said:
So what has happened to the Ottoman Empire now?
Back on track now, Im gonna continue.

mhusoy said:
Nice story Real Deal.. enjoying.. not too much reading. not too much poetry and higyly developed litterature.. just plain and simple reports..

Cheers mhusoy, my dads best mate, has thousands upon thousands of military/empire books etc on all eras. But the ones I liked the most were the ones which had nothing but maps (showing the growth/decline/movement of empires/nations/tribes over time) of the world and had small footnotes of information describing major events. Im still trying to work out and balance some sort of system for my AAR's. I am no writer, so Im just trialling different methods of primarily pictorial AAR's.

mhusoy said:
nice job taking the cores and converting most by the mid 1500s... I've done the whole job myself a couple of times.. but I wasn't finished converting until the time of Ahmed III... (The Tulip age 1700s)
Well now I have mayors, I mint to ensure I can afford the next available missionary, so that as many as possible are sent while I have good monarchs, in this case Sulieman.

Henry v. Keiper said:
Jeezus, about 700,000 people dead in 100 years? That's almost...*plays with his abbicus* ...7,000 people a year. How does your birth rate keep up? :eek:

Well here in Australia, we have a "baby bonus", of I think $3000 per child to parents (to encourage repopulation), so we'll just say for argument sake that my Turks have something similar, say 200 ducats per child :D .

- Nice to see ya Mettermrck.

EDIT : Oh yeah, because I deleted the text I had written for the 30 years I had done 1529 - 1559. Ive started back from 1529 because I wasnt going to wade through the history text to find the information.

Death To Mine Enemies

Hand-02-june.gif

number1.gif
number5.gif
number2.gif
number9.gif
-
number1.gif
number5.gif
number3.gif
number9.gif

cannonfire.jpg

"Execute every act of thy life as though it were thy last." - Marcus Aurelius

Explode-01-june.gif

WAR
ratman-01-june.gif
PEACE
skelett001.gif
TRIBUTE
Treasure-01-june.gif
ALLIANCES
knight_maiden_holding_hands_lg_wht.gif

CONVERSION
Wizard-01-june.gif
CLAIMING THRONES
Chair-01-june.gif

20th April 1530 Benin are annexed by the Ottoman Empire.
skelett008.gif

5th July 1530 the Orthodox heretics in Crete convert to the true Sunni faith.

22nd December 1532 the Catholic heretics in Veneto convert to the true Sunni faith.

18th October 1533 the Ottoman Empire creates an alliance with the Hedjaz.

27th February 1534 Hedjaz are diplomatically annexed by the Ottoman Empire.
skelett008.gif

27th February 1534 the Ottoman Empire claims the throne of Songhai.

1st January 1535 the Ottoman Empire joins Vijayangar’s alliance.

1st January 1535 the Ottoman Empire declares war Songhai.

14th January 1535 the Catholic heretics in Bosnia convert to the true Sunni faith.

11th June 1535 Songhai sue for peace, surrendering 225,000 ducats and swears fealty to the Ottoman Empire.

14th August 1535 the Ottoman Empire claims the throne of Almohad.

1st August 1536 the Ottoman Empire declares war on Almohad.

17th September 1536 the Catholic heretics in Odenburg convert to the true Sunni faith.

7th November 1536 the Orthodox heretics in Moldova convert to the true Sunni faith.

1st December 1536 Almohad sue for peace, surrendering 25,000 ducats and swears fealty to the Ottoman Empire.

12th June 1537 the Catholic heretics in Croatia convert to the true Sunni faith.

1st September 1538 the Ottoman Empire claims the throne of Astrakhan.

1st February 1539 the Ottoman Empire declares war on Astrakhan.

1539-1.jpg

"Courage! Do not fall back; in a little the place will be yours. Watch! When the wind blows my banner against the bulwark, you shall take it" - Joan of Arc (Jeanne d'Arc). 1429 - In the assault on the bridge at Orleans

eye2.gif

1539-2.jpg

“Frederick liked to say that three men behind the enemy were worth fifty in front of him.” - Colonel Ardant du Picq

Skull-50-june.gif

Ottoman casualties for the motherland 1419 - 1539

Infantry = Combat 287,292 - Attrition 227,359 - Total 514,651
Cavalry = Combat 260,812 - Attrition 141,504 - Total 402,316
Cannon = Combat 8 - Total 8
Galley's = Combat 3 - Attrition 5 - Total 8
Warship's = Attrition 1 - Total 1

Technology 1539

Land 12
Naval 3
Trade 2
Infra 5

Bad Boy 1539 = 33.3

Last edited:
Mr. Capiatlist said:
I don't think the Roman empire died, it just changed religions..... Good work, off to the new world, eh?

The Roman Empire never died. It lives on in my wargaming fantasies and in every Byzantium Mod made for every Paradox game. :D

Mr. Capiatlist said:
I don't think the Roman empire died, it just changed religions..... Good work, off to the new world, eh?

Cheers, All I need now is Rome, it was originally my target for conversion and still is(as I want a Sunni Pope) and if Spain/Portugese alliance declares war, I would happily reap their maps and begin the new world colonization, or if I get a CB I will declare war for the maps.

Grundius said:
Yeah baby! He's back on track. Keep claiming those thrones!

Yeah, Im going to try my best to finish it, though it may only be 10/20 years a week. As for the thrones, Ive claimed a few more in the following 10 years, but now I need a break as BB is quite high.

Death To Mine Enemies

cjkeeperani.gif

number1.gif
number5.gif
number3.gif
number9.gif
-
number1.gif
number5.gif
number4.gif
number9.gif

1549.jpg

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold. " - 1.Lt. Clifton B. Cates USMC. In Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918

gfd.gif

WAR
abomination.gif
PEACE
skelett001.gif
TRIBUTE
pir3.gif

CONVERSION
coolwizard.gif
CLAIMING THRONES
Chair-01-june.gif

COLONIZATION
tree-chop.gif

1st July 1539 Astrakhan sue for peace, surrendering 25,000 ducats, military access and swears fealty to the Ottoman Empire.

19th September 1539 the Orthodox heretics in Ruthenia convert to the true Sunni faith.

27th September 1539 the Ottoman Empire claims the throne of Uzbek Kagnate.

18th January 1540 the Ottoman Empire declares war on Uzbek Kagnate and her allies Sibir, Qara Koyunlu and Khazak Horde.

4th February 1540 the Orthodox heretics in Jedisan convert to the true Sunni faith.

5th November 1541 Qara Koyunlu sue for peace, surrendering military access and swears fealty to the Ottoman Empire.

13th December 1541 Sibir sue for peace, surrendering 250,000 ducats and swears fealty to the Ottoman Empire.

22nd August 1542 Khazak Horde sue for peace, surrendering 225,000 ducats and swears fealty to the Ottoman Empire.

24th February 1543 the Catholic heretics in Carpathia convert to the true Sunni faith.

23rd December 1543 Uzbek Kagnate sue for peace, surrendering 200,000 ducats and swears fealty to the Ottoman Empire.

13th April 1545 Goa is successfully developed into a city.

18th April 1546 the Pagan heretics in Bure convert to the true Sunni faith.

22nd October 1546 the Pagan heretics in Leone convert to the true Sunni faith.

5th November 1546 the Pagan heretics in Zaria convert to the true Sunni faith.

1549-1.jpg

"Strike an enemy once and for all. Let him cease to exist as a tribe or he will live to fly in your throat again" - Shaka Zulu, Advise to King Dingiswayo on the treatment of the defeated Ndwanwes(E.A Ritter, Shaka Zulu 1955)

newsparkling_eyes.gif

1549-2.jpg

"A real man dies on a battlefield, and his body is wrapped in horsehide.
Who wants to die in bed, surrounded by his wife and children?" -General Ma Yuan, Eastern Han Dynasty

48.gif

Ottoman casualties for the motherland 1419 - 1549

Infantry = Combat 346,953 - Attrition 285,098 - Total 632,051
Cavalry = Combat 280,160 - Attrition 151,644 - Total 431,804
Cannon = Combat 8 - Total 8
Galley's = Combat 3 - Attrition 6 - Total 9
Warship's = Attrition 1 - Total 1

Technology 1549

Land 13
Naval 3
Trade 2
Infra 5

Bad Boy 1549 = 33.2

Last edited:
Mettermrck said:
There's something eerily satisfying about your pics. Either that or the eyes are hypnotizing me. :D I love your sense of style, sir!

Cheers Mettermrck, I think its the eyes :D .

Mettermrck said:
The Roman Empire never died. It lives on in my wargaming fantasies and in every Byzantium Mod made for every Paradox game. :D
Here-here! I'm working on my Byzantium in HoI1 sa we speak, well once I finish the mega-campaign in Victoria.... :rofl: Blatent self-promotion.... :cool:

I think it'd be hard not to admit the graphics are very cool. They definitally got me sucked into this AAR. Plus there isn't much writing which is good for me because I have a 3 second attention span...... what was I saying again? ;)