• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cheers Grundius, Dead William, Mr. Capiatlist, billy bob and Henry V. Keiper.

Conversion success rate has been about 75%, due solely to Meh.med II Fâtih (Administration = 8), plus most of those provinces converted were of Ottoman cultures. Initially alot failed(with Murad II, Administration = 7), then I had a flood of successes which I was very happy with.

The leader I have at the moment (now 1489) is Bâyezîd II 2/4/2. Not as spectacular as Meh.med II 5/6/4/2, who was a great help (who can stand before the great Meh.med II). Murad II 3/3/4/1 was good too.

As far as conquests and war go. I played Europa alot(more than I care to admit :D ), its been years since I even really looked at another game, anyway, coupled with studying Damocles/Archdukes "art of war" and Ryokens "art of war/economy" guides (highly recommended) some time ago, asking plenty of questions, plus playing this game way too much, I finally think I got this game down pat. And also the Ottomans are such a great nation to play for war imho, high land morale, great leaders and plenty of CB's = War and bloody slaughter.

Oh yes, didnt you know Hitler was a very reasonable man, quite the conservative :D, what I really like about that quote is where he says "perhaps pacifism", to me this implies there were still alternatives once he had conquered the world, "perhaps" ritual torture, "perhaps" mass slavery, "perhaps" mass genocide, "perhaps" really leaves the door wide open to anything :D .

Alot of skulls, yeah...just trying to stick to a theme...WAR = alot of dead people, in this case alot of dead non Ottoman peoples :D .

Last edited:
Death To Mine Enemies

Hand-07-june.gif

number1.gif
number4.gif
number7.gif
number9.gif
-
number1.gif
number4.gif
number8.gif
number9.gif

TurkKnight.jpg

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. - Sun Tzu, the Art of War.

Explode-05-june.gif

WAR
Skeleton-18-11june.gif
PEACE
skelett001.gif
TRIBUTE
Treasure-01-june.gif

ALLIANCES
knight_maiden_holding_hands_lg_wht.gif
CONVERSION
Wizard-01-june.gif

14th May 1479 the Orthodox heretics in Corfu convert to the true Sunni faith.

19th September 1479 Algiers and her ally Teke declare war on Almohad, the Ottoman Empire dishonours the alliance.

1st February1480 Bosnia sue for peace, surrendering 275,000 ducats.

1st June 1480 Croatia sue for peace, surrendering Bujak and 125,000 ducats.

5th July 1481 the Catholic heretics in Istria convert to the true Sunni faith.

7th April 1482 Austria and her allies Cyprus and The Knights sue for peace, surrendering Veneto and 225,000 ducats.

24th April 1483 the Orthodox heretics in Morea convert to the true Sunni faith.

1st May 1484 the Ottoman Empire declares war on Oman.

18th May 1484 the Ottoman Empire declares war on Ak Koyunlu and her ally Crimea.

24th May 1484 the Orthodox heretics in Adana convert to the true Sunni faith.

2nd May 1485 Ak Koyunlu sue for peace, surrendering Nuyssaybin and 50,000 ducats.

10th July 1486 Crimea sue for peace, surrendering 100,000 ducats.

28th February 1487 the Orthodox heretics in Macedonia convert to the true Sunni faith.

22 May 1487 Oman sue for peace, surrendering 100,000 ducats.

22 July 1487 the Ottoman Empire joins the war on the Golden Horde as she accepts Crimea’s alliance proposal.

28th May 1488 Golden Horde sue for peace with Crimea and the Ottoman Empire, tribute details unknown.

Map1-1489.jpg

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Chairman Mao Zedong (Tse-tung)

Eyes-01-june.gif

Map2-1489.jpg

"Victory smiles upon those who anticipate the changes in the character of war, not upon those who wait to adapt themselves after they occur" - General Giulio Douhet.

Skull-53-june.gif

Ottoman casualties for the motherland 1419 - 1489

Infantry = Combat 115,878 - Attrition 104,991 - Total 220,869
Cavalry = Combat 148,768 - Attrition 80,695 - Total 229,463
Cannon = Combat 8 - Total 8
Galley's = Combat 3 - Attrition 5 - Total 8

Technology 1489

Land 3
Naval 2
Trade 2
Infra 4

Bad Boy 1489 = 13

Last edited:
Nice of the Austrian alliance to annex Venice for you. Are you going full infra now? And if so, when will you switch to the other techs?

Hey Grundius,

1 -Austria Dow/annexed Venice almost immediately after I had made peace with them, it was nice of them, but I was considering doing it myself regardless of the BB because they had a massive navy which would have come in handy.

2 - I researched infra from the beginning to 3, then I researched land 3(because it was going cheap), then back to the infra until I reached infra 5. Now I am researching land for a while as I need to catch up (France is now Land 6). I am not going to invest 1 cent into trade, as I dont aim on sending a single merchant, what a bore trading is.

Hey Elio Vasa,

1 - Do you have a different version? Mine is - eu2_108b_21stApr2005

2 - Ive barely researched land tech :D, Now Im starting on it.

3 - I try to mint only when Im looting(though not always), to maximize return and I try my best to keep it at 2% just to feel the effects of random deflation events, which Ive had 1 in this game (unless Ive reached infra 5, then I mint constantly until all provinces have mayors).

4 - The cost of wars, in terms of inflation? I'm not sure what you mean? I try to keep my army just short of the support limit and use my yearly income and tribute to buy new units, if things get dodgey I mint for a couple of months.

5 - Yes they are 50 ducats, but 50 ducats in the game is just representative of 50,000 ducats in reality.

Last edited:
Death To Mine Enemies

Skull-19-june.gif

number1.gif
number4.gif
number8.gif
number9.gif
-
number1.gif
number4.gif
number9.gif
number9.gif

Post8pic.jpg

"Once you engage in battle it is inexcusable to display any sloth or hesitation; you must breakfast on your enemy before he dines on you!" Kai Ka’us Ibn Iskander, Prince of Gurgan (Persia) (1082)

Explode-06-june.gif

WAR
animation_warelephant.gif
PEACE
skelett001.gif
TRIBUTE
Coin-06-june.gif

CONVERSION
Druid-02-june.gif

28th Feb 1491 the Orthodox heretics in Bulgaria convert to the true Sunni faith.

1st March 1491 the Ottoman Empire and her ally Crimea declares war on Poland and her ally Lithuania.

22nd September 1492 the Ottoman Empire and her ally Crimea declares war on Oman.

6th January 1494 Lithuania sue for peace, surrendering Jedisan.

2nd October 1494 Oman sue for peace, surrendering Zanzibar and 100,000 ducats.

1st September 1495 Poland sue for peace, surrendering Moldova and Poldolia.

24th November 1497 Crimea declares war on Georgia, the Ottoman Empire dishonours the alliance.

9th August 1498 the Orthodox heretics in Hellas convert to the true Sunni faith.

Map1-1499.jpg

"Retreat, hell! We just got here." - Captain Lloyd Williams. When a French officer suggested that the Marines should join the retreat, at Belleau Wood 30. may 1918.

eye2.gif

Map2-1499.jpg

"Read over and over again the campaigns of Alexander, Hannibal, Caesar, Gustavus, Turenne, Eugene and Frederic. ... This is the only way to become a great general and master the secrets of the art of war. ..." -Napoleon Bonaparte, "Military Maxims of Napoleon."

eye2.gif

Map3-1499.jpg

"The art of concentrating strength at one point, forcing a breakthrough, rolling up and securing the flanks on either side, and then penetrating like lightning deep into his rear, before the enemy has time to react." -Field Marshal Erwin Rommel.

Skeleton-11-june.gif

Ottoman casualties for the motherland 1419 - 1499

Infantry = Combat 146,124 - Attrition 121,877 - Total 268,001
Cavalry = Combat 185,664 - Attrition 106,424 - Total 292,088

Technology 1499

Land 3
Naval 2
Trade 2
Infra 5

Bad Boy 1499 = 15.5

Last edited:
Very nice AAR you got there.

I got a couple of questions:

What difficulty levels are you playing?
What's the reason for not waiting until 1510 to gain the Mameluks for low BB by conquering Egypt?
And how are you gonna get rid of these 1 prov minors within your realm without taking the excesive BB penalties?

Cheers Lord Ganja

1 - What difficulty levels are you playing? = Very Hard/Normal aggression

2 - What's the reason for not waiting until 1510 to gain the Mameluks for low BB by conquering Egypt? = More money, manpower and glory earlier, also Mameluks may have converted provinces to Shiite by then or worse, a random conversion in Egypt/Alexandria, would cost a fortune to re-convert, plus it doesnt cost that much BB and the early Sultans have great administration value to reduce BB.

3 - And how are you gonna get rid of these 1 prov minors within your realm without taking the excesive BB penalties? = Probably ally a vassal then Dow the minor or their alliance, wipe out their army, then let my vassal/s annex them before I diplo annex my vassals(or do the same for any ally, then leave their alliance/boot them from mine, then declare war on them and take the said province:D ). Or just annex the minor late in the game.

Last edited:
Watch out for that later plan. In the EUII section of my mega-campaign, Gotland; even though a single provence had the second largest army and navy in the game under mine. 51 divisions and 20 ships. They almost defeated the whole of Russia, but lost when their single prov was taken.

Great going taking Zanzibar. Why do you neglect trade? Don't you need the income? Besides, flooding somebody's CoT will create CBs when they embargo you.

Grundius said:
Great going taking Zanzibar. Why do you neglect trade? Don't you need the income? Besides, flooding somebody's CoT will create CBs when they embargo you.
Better yet, just click the little button that makes the computer to trade for you! Much easier.

A Rommel quote...good good... :cool:

Mr. Capiatlist said:
Watch out for that later plan. In the EUII section of my mega-campaign, Gotland; even though a single provence had the second largest army and navy in the game under mine. 51 divisions and 20 ships. They almost defeated the whole of Russia, but lost when their single prov was taken.

That's too funny :rofl:

Great AAR! At this pace you'll be doing a WC without noticing :D

Mr. Capiatlist said:

Cheers,

Sure, islands would be harder, such as the Knights and Cyprus as with your situation. But Im sure 200,000 infantry and 200 cannon late in the game would sort them out :D . Anyway I went with the first option and helped Tunisia annex them (Hungary, Croatia and Bosnia), for a start, the islands may be harder for the AI allies to annex but I will give it a go me thinks:D .

Grundius said:

Cheers,

After that Hyper Tech Venice game(got the final results to post...some time), I am totally sick of trading. But my main reasons are, Im at war almost constantly and Im not investing in stability (unless I want to go to war), thus Im low stab all the time, that and being at war alot doesnt give my traders much hope.

Im geting to the point now, since I got most of my cores, I dont want to declare war - I want them to declare war on me(defensive wars) so that I take the lowest BB hits for the most land as possible, please note though, NOBODY has declared war on me directly, I hope this situation changes and soon.

Henry v. Keiper said:
A Rommel quote...good good... :cool:

Cheers, I didnt find many of them.

dsk said:
Great AAR! At this pace you'll be doing a WC without noticing :D

Cheers dsk, WC...hmmmm....I want to take and convert alot of Europe, not sure about the world though.

Death To Mine Enemies

Hand-02-june.gif

number1.gif
number4.gif
number9.gif
number9.gif
-
number1.gif
number5.gif
number0.gif
number9.gif

post9.jpg

"Choose your friends carefully. Your enemies will choose you." - Yassir Arafat

Explode-02-june.gif

WAR
Demon-05-june.gif
PEACE
skelett001.gif
ALLIANCES
MAPS
book13.gif

1st February 1499 the Ottoman Empire agrees to share maps with Songhai and Bengal.

1st February 1499 the Ottoman Empire creates an alliance with Tunisia and Algiers.

1st March 1499 the Ottoman Empire and her allies Algiers and Tunisia declares war on Hungary and her allies Austria, Croatia, Bosnia, Cyprus and The Knights.

1st November 1499 the Ottoman Empire and her allies Algiers and Tunisia declares war on Albania and her allies Naples, Genoa and Bourbonnais.

21st June 1500 the Ottoman Empire agrees to share maps with Atjeh.

25th May 1502 Croatia agree upon a white peace with the Ottoman Empire.

28th November 1502 Bosnia agree upon a white peace with the Ottoman Empire.

10th May 1506 Hungary and her allies Austria, Cyprus and The Knights agree upon a white peace with the Ottoman Empire.

1st June 1506 the Ottoman Empire declares wars on Oman.

22nd March 1508 Almohad declares war on Algiers and her allies Tunisia and the Ottoman Empire.

1509.jpg

"Go, therefore, to meet the foe with two objects before you, either victory or death. For men animated by such a spirit must always overcome their adversaries, since they go into battle ready to throw away their lives.” - Scipio Africanus 202 BC. Roman general (the conqueror of Hannibal in the Punic Wars), in an address to the Roman Army before the battle of Zama.

Skull-32-june.gif

Ottoman casualties for the motherland 1419 - 1509

Infantry = Combat 193,135 - Attrition 146,939 - Total 340,074
Cavalry = Combat 205,276 - Attrition 116,657 - Total 321,933

Technology 1509

Land 5
Naval 2
Trade 2
Infra 5

Bad Boy 1509 = 17

Death To Mine Enemies

Hand-07-june.gif

number1.gif
number5.gif
number0.gif
number9.gif
-
number1.gif
number5.gif
number1.gif
number9.gif

post10.jpg

"The first and most important rule to observe...is to use our entire forces with the utmost energy. The second rule is to concentrate our power as much as possible against that section where the chief blows are to be delivered and to incur disadvantages elsewhere, so that our chances of success may increase at the decisive point. The third rule is never to waste time. Unless important advantages are to be gained from hesitation, it is necessary to set to work at once. By this speed a hundred enemy measures are nipped in the bud, and public opinion is won most rapidly. Finally, the fourth rule is to follow up our successes with the utmost energy. Only pursuit of the beaten enemy gives the fruits of victory." - Karl von Clausewitz

feuer2.gif

PEACE
skelett001.gif
TRIBUTE
Treasure-02-june.gif
ALLIANCES

21st January 1510 the Hedjaz swears fealty to the Ottoman Empire (The Sultan becomes the Khalifa event).

8th March 1510 Genoa sue for peace, surrendering 118,000 ducats.

19th April 1510 Naples sue for peace, surrendering 162,000 ducats.

2nd November 1510 Almohad sue for peace, surrendering Tangiers, Kabylia, Aures, Atlas and Fez.

18th January 1512 Albania and her ally Bourbonnais sue for peace, surrendering 50,000 ducats.

13th October 1512 Oman sue for peace, converting to the true Sunni faith and surrendering 100,000 ducats.

21st March 1513 Aragon declares war on Algiers and her ally Tunisia, the Ottoman Empire dishonours the alliance.

11th July 1514 the Ottoman Empire creates an alliance with Crimea.

20th December 1514 Candar joins the Ottoman Empire’s alliance with Crimea.

1-1519.jpg

In war there is no substitute for victory. - General Douglas MacArthur.

eyes.gif

2-1519.jpg

"The art of using troops is this:
......When ten to the enemy's one, surround him;
......When five times his strength, attack him;
......If double his strength, divide him;
......If equally matched you may engage him;
......If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
......And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
..........for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."
- Sun Tzu, the Art Of War

Skeleton5.gif

Ottoman casualties for the motherland 1419 - 1519

Infantry = Combat 230,609 - Attrition 165,468 - Total 396,077
Cavalry = Combat 223,543 - Attrition 123,145 - Total 346,688

Technology 1519

Land 8
Naval 2
Trade 2
Infra 5

Bad Boy 1519 = 20.3

Last edited:
Death To Mine Enemies

Skull-19-june.gif

number1.gif
number5.gif
number1.gif
number9.gif
-
number1.gif
number5.gif
number2.gif
number9.gif

post11.jpg

"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Revenge me if I die!" - Ngo Dinh Diem (on becoming President of Vietnam).

flame14.gif

WAR
Skull-33-june.gif
PEACE
skelett001.gif
ALLIANCES
CONVERSION
Druid-04-june.gif

24th October 1520 Candar are diplomatically annexed by the Ottoman Empire.
skelett008.gif

1st February 1523 Teke joins the Ottoman Empire alliance with Crimea.

3rd March 1523 Teke are diplomatically annexed by the Ottoman Empire.
skelett008.gif

20th April 1524 the Orthodox heretics in Bujak convert to the true Sunni faith.

12th July 1524 the Ottoman Empire creates an alliance with Ak Koyunlu.

13th August 1524 the Catholic heretics in Steiermark convert to the true Sunni faith.

16th August 1524 Ak Koyunlu are diplomatically annexed by the Ottoman Empire.
skelett008.gif

10th March 1525 the Ottoman Empire joins Tunisia’s alliance with Algiers and The Mughal Empire.

4th November 1525 Tunisia are diplomatically annexed by the Ottoman Empire.
skelett008.gif

10th December 1525 the Orthodox heretics in Wallachia convert to the true Sunni faith.

1st November 1526 Algiers are diplomatically annexed by the Ottoman Empire.
skelett008.gif

1st September 1527 the Protestant heretics in Transylvania convert to the true Sunni faith.

12th September 1527 the Ottoman Empire declares war on Ashanti and her allies Dahomey and Benin.

3rd June 1528 Dahomey are annexed by the Ottoman Empire.
skelett008.gif

3rd November 1528 Ashanti are annexed by the Ottoman Empire.
skelett008.gif

1-1529.jpg

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato.

Eyes-01-june.gif

2-1529.jpg

"Cavalry is useful before, during, and after the battle" - Napoleon Bonaparte.

Skull-52-june.gif

Ottoman casualties for the motherland 1419 - 1529

Infantry = Combat 249,325 - Attrition 203,875 - Total 453,200
Cavalry = Combat 243,515 - Attrition 135,528 - Total 378,743

Technology 1529

Land 10
Naval 3
Trade 2
Infra 5

Bad Boy 1529 = 28.3

Last edited:
European conversion? Nah. I say take it all! You already own a large part of Africa, most of the Middle East and dominate the Balkan. The world should not be so hard to take, should it?