• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
yourworstnightm said:
And Fu seems to score an another victory!!
What will ever stop Fu? A joint effort of Skorzeny, Duhrn, Xaltotun, Bond, Indiana Jones?

The Yogi said:
‘Your allies? What allies, you drip from a clap-sick schwanz?!’

:rofl: You can always trust good old Skorzeny to come up with the most colorful insults. Nice to see him hurt Fu - the arrogant chinaman needs to understand he isn't invulnerable!

If that was the real Fu Manchu screaming then I'm a goat's uncle. No Evil Mastermind worth his salt would personally confront his enemies like that.... Not when there are clones, robot duplicates, astral projections and dopplegangers around :p

Incidentally, Bond drinking the Elixir Vitae explains how he manages to look so damn young even in the 2000's :p

It appears that Fu Manchu has discovered the Germans and foiled their plans. So what’s next? Will there be a contest of wills between Fu Manchu and Xalyotun in the middle of those ice capped towering mountains? Or will the thundering herd of pseudo giant spiders get to stock their web larders with Skorzeny and his men? I think its time for Skorzeny to lead a strategic retreat, don’t you? ;)

Joe

nah...Skorzeny will faint a wild rout ...all the bad monsters will follow on their heels and be butchered before the fortications and guns in the Grünwald...

Is the Dreamland incarnation of Xaltotaun helping the reincarnated version? Or is he an ally of Fu Manchu? I'm not sure which would be more dramatic, two Xaltotaun's working together or fighting each other. I hope it was the real Fu that Skorzeny wounded; it would be a fitting blow to his pride.

Sorry for not posting in a while. I was on a self-imposed exile to preserve my perfect postcount as long as possible.

Great update, Yogi. Wonder how Skorzeny will get out of this one!

Wow, it's almost all that I can say Yogi, wow. Or, as this tale (for it is far more then a nicely written AAR) deserves, WOW.

I finally wanted to know what the hell kept you from writing for TEAL. I mean, this couldn't be that good could it?

Never been so wrong.

For the past two, three days I've been reading the Master Plan and this sequel and Yogi....you gotta make a real novel of this! I mean, I always liked Fantasy and I always liked cloak-and-dagger stories set in a historical setting but I never liked the two blending together, to me it always looked so....unreal. Needless to say that you changed this.

Now I want an update :D:p

Lurken said:
Not good, not good at all... What will ever stop Fu? A joint effort of Skorzeny, Duhrn, Xaltotun, Bond, Indiana Jones?
Or… will even that be enough?!

yourworstnightm said:
And Fu seems to score an another victory!!
Yes, but a small one so far.

Jape said:
Oh dear... ah well at least Otto managed to shoot Fu, probably anyway. ;)

And no Yogi I'm all-man with a thick beard and the Rambo Trilogy on DVD. This place remains a sausagefest :D
So you have just been gifted with BOTH sausage and female intuition? How I envy you!

cthulhu said:
:rofl: You can always trust good old Skorzeny to come up with the most colorful insults. Nice to see him hurt Fu - the arrogant chinaman needs to understand he isn't invulnerable!
Yes, arrogance has it’s price – but Fu will learn a lesson.

lifeless said:
i think Skorzeny is screwed....take that Fu!
Not just yet…

A goat’s uncle called Arilou said:
If that was the real Fu Manchu screaming then I'm a goat's uncle. No Evil Mastermind worth his salt would personally confront his enemies like that.... Not when there are clones, robot duplicates, astral projections and dopplegangers around :p

Incidentally, Bond drinking the Elixir Vitae explains how he manages to look so damn young even in the 2000's :p
Sorry, but…. good guess though, and say hello (or better say beeeeh, come to think of it) to your niece! :) Yeah, the thought came to me too.;) Note also that there will be unexpected side effects from taking the drug so young… like gradually aging to a certain point before violently rejuvenating and completely changing physiognomy.

Storey said:
It appears that Fu Manchu has discovered the Germans and foiled their plans. So what’s next? Will there be a contest of wills between Fu Manchu and Xaltotun in the middle of those ice capped towering mountains? Or will the thundering herd of pseudo giant spiders get to stock their web larders with Skorzeny and his men? I think its time for Skorzeny to lead a strategic retreat, don’t you? ;)
Oh yes.

boehm said:
nah...Skorzeny will faint a wild rout ...all the bad monsters will follow on their heels and be butchered before the fortications and guns in the Grünwald...
Now THAT’s a plan!

elbasto said:
The Austrian must be wishing he had poisoned that arrow... nothing fancy, mercury or something as simply lethal as that.

Regrets
I had a few
like never poisoning,
that quarrel!

But more
much more than this
Why did I come here!?

Korppi said:
Wow great update.
Germans seems to have great problems.
You can say that again!

anonymous4401 said:
Sorry for not posting in a while. I was on a self-imposed exile to preserve my perfect postcount as long as possible.

Great update, Yogi. Wonder how Skorzeny will get out of this one!
Thanks anonymous4401. I can see why such a postcount would appeal to you!

HJ Tulp said:
Wow, it's almost all that I can say Yogi, wow. Or, as this tale (for it is far more then a nicely written AAR) deserves, WOW.

I finally wanted to know what the hell kept you from writing for TEAL. I mean, this couldn't be that good could it?

Never been so wrong.

For the past two, three days I've been reading the Master Plan and this sequel and Yogi....you gotta make a real novel of this! I mean, I always liked Fantasy and I always liked cloak-and-dagger stories set in a historical setting but I never liked the two blending together, to me it always looked so....unreal. Needless to say that you changed this.

Now I want an update :D:p
Thanks and welcome onboard, HJ Tulp! I’m always thrilled at having a new reader, and I hope I’ll be able to keep you sucked in for while. And you shall have your update!

Darks63 said:
did fu get hit
Yes.

Last edited:
Plateau of Leng
Earth’s Dreamland

March 30th, 1940

spider.jpg

Intelligent or not and however fearsome in a fight, the purple Spiders of Leng were first and foremost predators. When an avalanche of eight-legged monstrosities suddenly overwhelmed the twenty Waffen-SS riders, of all the crossbows fired in panic only one had hit well enough to actually fell a beast. In the next instant, shrieking and trashing in absolute agony and horror, most of the SS-men found themselves torn from their saddles and impaled by the four vicious spiked appendages arranged around the hideous mouths of the monsters, holding them in immobility for the feeding. The pain from the deep poisoned stab wounds, however excruciating initially, soon paled to insignificance as the unfortunates felt rows of black, razor-sharp teeth bite with crunching, squishing noises into their torsos, tearing into the flesh and crushing bone while tongue-like proboscises in the mouth snaked into the wound to suck the gushing fluids. Then the screams ceased to express fear, or despair or any other emotion save raw, unimaginable pain, which displaced any other thought or perception. The screams of the horses, suffering the same gruesome end as their masters, were virtually indistinguishable from theirs.

As the Spiders descended on the group, Skorzeny had time for one “Follow me!” as he drove his horse mercilessly back the way they had entered the defile. One of the huge spider-beasts, a great dominant female, had picked him out as a special treat, and jumped at him, legs spread wide and prehensile spikes extended for the catch. Instinctively the Austrian swung his sword in a flashing arc that cut deep across the face of the thing, splitting one of the huge eye globes. At the same time, he swung from the saddle into the direction of attack, leading to the spider’s underside, coarse, stinking and stubby with little short black hairs, grazing the top of the saddle where his body had been an instant earlier. Another spider blocked the way, but it was busy feeding off a still shrieking cavalryman, it’s whole body pulsating with hideous suckling. Driving his fear-crazed mount up the hillside, Skorzeny next caused it to jump on the chitin-plated back of the thing and then onto the ground on the other side, and away from the gruesome charnel pit the defile had become. One other of the patrol was right behind him – no one else made it out alive. One man who had been unhorsed but not yet caught ran a few steps after the galloping horses, crying piteously before four long spider legs caught him in a crushing grip and pulled him, sobbing as one without hope towards the prehensile spikes, the rows of black teeth, the sucking tubes…

As they galloped savagely along their previous tracks, the infernal screaming behind them began to die away.

Mein gott! Mein gott! What where those things? WHAT WHERE THOSE THINGS?!’ the trooper shrieked, still in the grip of complete panic.

‘Pull yourself together, Oberschütze!’ Skorzeny roared, venting his own panic on the subordinate. ‘There’s no time for questions! In a few moments they will have finished with our comrades, and then they’ll come after us! You ride straight back to the fort and tell them to prepare to fight for their lives! I’ll go warn the team at the railhead!’

Jawohl, Sturmbannführer! Momentarily calmed by given a specific task by his commanding officer, the trooper saluted and turned his horse away.

On one of the hills overlooking the gore-splattered cleft, Fu Manchu rose unsteadily to his feet, his vision still swimming with dots of light. Gingerly he felt the side of his head and was not surprised to see crimson dripping from his black leather glove. The quarrel from Skorzeny’s crossbow had grazed his cheek and clipped of a tiny piece off the top of his ear, before deflecting off the skull. A centimetre more to the right, and that would have been the end of the Devil Doctor. Fu Manchu silently swore over his own stupidity in once more underestimating the infernal Austrian, and woved never to repeat the mistake. For a few seconds, he watched with flaming eyes the two fleeing horsemen before turning towards the now relitively and mercifully silent feasting going on below.

‘Queen K’Drash! You must send forward your host immediately, before the humans in the fort have time to prepare for your onslaught!’

The largest of the spiders, it’s whole face drenched in quickly congealing blood looked up from the cooling carcass of an SS-Scharführer. ‘We enjoy the spoils of our victory, Fu Manchu. It would be unwise even for you to try to deny us that,’ it rasped in a voice made hissing by plethora of sharp teeth and wet by slimy apendages slithering around inside the mouth.

If Fu was often exasperated by the sheer stupidity of humans, guided as they were more by their hearts or genitalia than by their brains, he considered that the Spiders of Leng, in their gluttonous idiocy could be labeled “intelligent” only in the broadest possible definition of the word.

‘By all means then, have your fill. And loose one in two of your herd when you assault the fort!’

The Spider Queen regarded the Devil Doctor with large, black unblinking eyes for a few moments and then absentmindedly withdrew it’s prehensile spikes from it’s victim with a battery of sucking noises. The corpse fell limply on the snowy ground below, but spattered almost no blood.

‘This one has gone cold anyway. All of you!’ she shouted in that repulsive, inhuman voice. ‘Go collect the herd! We have hunted – now the Spiders of Leng will march to War!’

Fu Manchu walked back to his Mongolian warhorse, fettered to a rock outcropping a ways off. He was mildly surprised to see it still alive, although the poor beast was rolling it’s eyes in terror. Apparently the Spiders still feared him enough not to touch anything of his, however tempting. That was gratifying.

Sitting up, he tentatively loosened his sword in his scabbard and then drew it with a flourish. A familiar warmth, the anticipation before battle, ran through him like a strong liquor as he watched the gleaming double-edged straight blade, which was hilted and tasseled like a Chinese Jian. It had been far too long, he thought dreamily, and it was a silly thing, a leftover from a more primitive self – but he couldn’t wait for the battle to begin. A REAL battle this time, the way it should be, pitting cold steel against hearts of iron, not the cowardly long-distance sniping that passed for modern war.

Taking part would be pure self-indulgence, he admitted. But every man had to have a vice or two. Fu Manchu smiled cruelly as he sheated his sword and trotted of to join the marching host of the Spiders of Leng.​

Last edited:
I'm convinced that Xaltotun will make sure this won't be such an easy fight as Fu assumes. Possibly, it could even become humiliating defeat for him and a disaster for his horrible arachnid allies.

maybe he'll open a portal into hell that will suck the spiders and fu into it...
The Yogi said:
..pitting cold steel against hearts of iron...
did you intend to do that? :p

And the Great Khan rides again! Hopefully, the Germans on the other side of the portal will be enough to stop him.