• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Yogi said:
Regarding the pursuit of BN... interesting facts about the airplane capabilities. I would not want to be that German mechanic trying to explain to BN that the Ju-52 is flying on fumes and needs to go down to refuel, while Naga's hunter sense is telling it that the prey is drawing ever further away.

May be even worse - the range of the Ju-52 is heavily dependent on the load it is carrying - at 7,500 lb the range is down to an estimated 250 miles

http://www.lonesentry.com/manuals/airborne/range.html

Just how big is the BN? :D

cthulhu said:
Believe me, Yog. If I had a time machine I would. :p

Eh... I meant of course, Q3 2007... :eek:o :eek:o, not 2003.

Last edited:
The Yogi said:
Questions regarding the secret stronghold;Does Fah Lo Suee even know it's exact location?
I would be greatly surprised to learn that she does not; it would be extremely difficult to keep this knowledge from someone who had to visit the fortress on a regular basis and who was in routine contact with large portions of Fu Manchu's staff.

I am, of course, easy to surprise in some ways.

Also, if Fu knows that she's aware of it's precise location, would he not remove anything sensitive from there and leave it a heavily defended fortress guarding... nothing?
Assuming that he knew what was and was not sensitive, yes.

But the Sword of Mars? He surely knows it to be a powerful magic sword, but would he have any reason to expect Fah to try to steal it, specifically? As opposed to, say, the apparatus Fu uses to make Elixir Vitae, or his stockpile thereof? Or the blueprints for his secret weapons? Or any of a number of other valuable treasures Fu doubtless owns which would be of great use to any journeyman evil overlord such as Fah?

The Sword of Mars is actually relatively low on the list unless you plan to get into close combat with supernatural beings. And since Fah Lo Suee is, to my knowledge, essentially innocent of sorcerous knowledge (heh heh... I got to say "Fah Lo Suee" and "innocent" in the same sentence), she wouldn't necessarily feel much need for such a weapon.

Moreover, she wouldn't even know she needs to steal the weapon if it weren't for her access to a piece of information that even Fu Manchu does not possess (we think).

I would not want to be that German mechanic trying to explain to BN that the Ju-52 is flying on fumes and needs to go down to refuel, while Naga's hunter sense is telling it that the prey is drawing ever further away.
I would not want to be that mechanic, period, for any reason, under any circumstances, even if the plane had an unlimited reserve of fuel.

The Yogi said:
Eh... I meant of course, Q3 2007... :eek:o :eek:o, not 2003.

Sorry for being a smartass, my friend. I will go vote for your excellent story as a sort of amends.

cthulhu said:
Sorry for being a smartass, my friend. I will go vote for your excellent story as a sort of amends.

I voted for two of Yogi's AARs

This is looking like this subplot is going to be extremely epic, I'm really looking forward to it.

To Yogi: Are you going to switch which countries you are going to play as when you switch to the Third thread for this AAR/Fanfic? I Think that you should keep Germany and switch to the US to turn the tide against the Empire of Fu Manchu.

I am actually quite surprised that the German mechanic hasn't decided his current situation already constitutes a "fate worse than death" and taken the ovious way out. A crash isn't going to kill Black Naga but the mechanic is another matter ...

Kanitatlan said:
I am actually quite surprised that the German mechanic hasn't decided his current situation already constitutes a "fate worse than death" and taken the ovious way out. A crash isn't going to kill Black Naga but the mechanic is another matter ...
The overwhelming terror from being in the grip of th Naga and in such close proximity to it has probably completely fried his cognitive processes. Otherwise death would be the preferrable course of action.

Okay. I just read this thing and all I want to say is:

UPDATE OR....

well I can't think right now, but I know it will include pain amplifier, something with tentacles, oil and mices. And spiders too.

Also, if you get USSR defeated, or do not manage to anex America.... GRRRRRR

It seems Zhukov is seting himself up to drive the last charge into the FU's flank with the remains of Red Army on the last day thus spoiling FU's plans.

*bursts into the thread waving a pitchfork*

Yogi, you cliffhanging wretch, give us UPDATES! Give us updates PLEASE!

*proceeds to get very rowdy indeed*

Simon_Jester said:
Can anyone come up with examples of something Fu did for only one reason?
Are you responding sardnoically to someone or starting a contest? :confused:

VILenin said:
Are you responding sardnoically to someone or starting a contest? :confused:
I suppose I'm starting a contest to pass the time.

You see, it occured to me that Fu Manchu was a great Machiavellian in many ways, and that he seldom does something for only one reason except when he is either in a great emergency (and must do things to escape the emergency, no matter what the cost), or when it doesn't really matter what he does and he is acting from his own amusement.

So I was looking for examples to confirm or refute this statement.

Ok, I'll have to go back and look for examples. Undoubtably some of these are going to be arguable, though.