+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 26 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1917

Thread: The Eagles of Avalon

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Nice update Mett. Good to see Remus do well in the city, I guess he couldn’t and still can’t hold it for long, but brining fear and terror to Gaul is just as well as capturing a city. Now they will understand that the Romans can hit them whenever and wherever. That might lower their spirit to fight or at least it should give Remus a chance to focus on the Franks for a time while the Goths are shocked and unable to take any offensive action.
    Nice work
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Hmm, Remus as the main character in one of Shakespeare's histories. I'd like to read that.

Remus' tactics may be brutal but, as the saying goes, desperate times call for desperate measures. A bit cliched, sure, but still true. Especially considering the brutal nature of the times. Europe on the brink of the Dark Ages had little use for sentimentality or misplaced compassion. There is no question that Remus is doing well harassing the Goths but unfortunately that is all he's doing. He's still going to need more men and I'm wondering where he's going to get them from. Fighting a guerilla war is very different from trying to hold and control territory, which is what the Romans (or Romano-Guals, if you wish) will eventually have to do in Gual.

And I think you've convinced me to by the King Arthur soundtrack, Mett.
    "Being a freedom fighter, a force for good, it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, it looks good on a resume, but the pay sucks."

My current AAR: Regents and Revenge - a CK2 one-shot

Strategos ton Exkoubitores Fulcrumvale's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: Revolutions

Guys; look at the screenshot. Most of the gallic provinces were unfortified. In game terms, Mett has racked up quite a lot of warscore by running around with 500 cavalry and taking 4-5 unfortified provs. He now can exact revenge at the negotiating table with the AI; taking this city is probably the last straw for the enemy AI, which is why it is also the climax for Remus.
    A History of Baden- Will Bernard I von Baden-Baden and his wife Anna von Oettingen lead Baden to victory or disaster?
    Nominated for the Weekly AAR Showcase, 9/25/06!/ Nominated for Best Character Writer of the Week, 10/29/06!/ Winner, Favorite History-Book AAR, EU1/2, Q3 2006!

"And the dream would grow ever grander and more wonderful, and the higher it reached towards the impossible, the more beguiling it became."--Emile Zola

I couldn't stop humming "The roof, the roof is on fire" while reading the last chapter!
    It's good to see that Rome still has som fight in her in the form of Remus
    He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past. 1984

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas? Stalin

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

I've read the whole AAR in one day now, brilliant work. Now it's time for Remus to start leading great armies towards great victories!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

aww. What a barbarian that Remus, burning such beautifull buildings

ICQ #331727773
    canonized on 11/08/2007

Overall Best WW player is Avernite with 7 wins overall (Dec 2006-sometime 2007)

jonti-h:No-one's perfect
    General Jac: Except Avernite , that's why I kill him every game

Jopi: I'll vote Avernite. He's a hard player to read, and therefore always dangerous.
    Avernite: Avernite is a very mean person because he always comes up with great ideas

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

And the war goes on! Remus is learning new tactitcs (Burn bab, burn!) Te Visigoths will come to the negotiating table very soon, I suspect. How's the frankish front?

Would-be King of Dragons Draco Rexus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Within spittin' distance of the Capital of the Free World
    Outstanding update, Mett.

Act of war, not savage, not barbaric, just plain old bloody war. But, as we have seen, a war thrust upon our hero, thus it's a "no holds barred" type of war.

I have to agree with stnylan, the ramifications of Remus' raid and his use of fire will make the Goths a tad bit miffed with Remus and the Gallics and I agree that they won't let this go without some form of retribution.

However, game wise, I also agree with Fulcrumvale, this might just bring the bad guys to the peace talks, with them on their knees. Good chance Remus might get some breathing room... for a little while at least.
    Here... Here There Be Dragons!!
    Women, knights, arms, loves
    Courtesies, bold deeds I sing
    For King and Country - An evil Empire or a benevolent monarchy? You decide!
    Official Byzantine Courtier - as certified by Judas Maccabeus
    Glorification Of Saint Draco Rexus, Patron Of Britain And Dragons! - Thanks to asd21593

They say the best men are moulded out of faults And, for the most, become more better for being a little bad.
    Measure for Measure, Act 5, Scene 1
    Proud Member of the enlightened The Spendid Paradoxian Monarchist Group

Europa Universalis 3For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis IV

Recently I have been ripping old cedar shakes off my house and while doing so I noticed a few hornets landing and crawling into a small crack. So I walk over and bang on the spot a couple of times because... well to see what would happen and suddenly all hell breaks loose! As the hornets by the score boiled out of that crack I ran as fast as my spindly legs could go for the safety of my house. At this time I would recommend the same to Remus.

Joe
    Last edited by Storey; 13-09-2006 at 00:59.
    The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach.

Desert Tides or how I learned to swim in quicksand Adventure
    A Tall Tale Told on a Cold Night Fantasy

Rome Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Storey
    Recently I have been ripping old cedar shakes off my house and while doing so I noticed a few hornets landing and crawling into a small crack. So I walk over and bang on the spot a couple of times because... well to see what would happen and suddenly all hell breaks loose! As the hornets by the score boiled out of that crack I ran as fast as my spindly legs could go for the safety of my house. At this time I would recommend the same to Remus.

Joe
    LOL ... hope you managed to get away in good order...? Lets hope Remus can do the same ...
    Currently spending my time on ... Empires in Arms & Mordheim ...

Would-be King of Dragons Draco Rexus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Within spittin' distance of the Capital of the Free World
    Originally Posted by Storey
    Recently I have been ripping old cedar shakes off my house and while doing so I noticed a few hornets landing and crawling into a small crack. So I walk over and bang on the spot a couple of times because... well to see what would happen and suddenly all hell breaks loose! As the hornets by the score boiled out of that crack I ran as fast as my spindly legs could go for the safety of my house.

At this time I would recommend the same to Remus.

Joe
    Ah, Joe, what a amusing way of explaining the situation Remus is about to find himself in. Also reminds of what we all get to look forward to as we reach the position of our elders (well, not my elders 'cause I'm not really that far behind you, which in of itself is quite scary!).

Oh, and as boehm asked, did you make it away safely?
    Here... Here There Be Dragons!!
    Women, knights, arms, loves
    Courtesies, bold deeds I sing
    For King and Country - An evil Empire or a benevolent monarchy? You decide!
    Official Byzantine Courtier - as certified by Judas Maccabeus
    Glorification Of Saint Draco Rexus, Patron Of Britain And Dragons! - Thanks to asd21593

They say the best men are moulded out of faults And, for the most, become more better for being a little bad.
    Measure for Measure, Act 5, Scene 1
    Proud Member of the enlightened The Spendid Paradoxian Monarchist Group

The Temple of Mercury is a pagan temple unused for nigh on a century. It's not going to be in that great a shape. Burning a a bunch of Goths is not likely to warm them towards Remus.

Europa Barbarorum Team Member Alhazen's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

Mett! Fabulous work..Ive just been catching up with Remus' exploits.. awesome tone and mood as always, very vivid stuff!
    Europa Barbarorum Team Member
    Romani

Europa Universalis 3For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis IV

Bohem, Draco, Fortunately the door was only twenty feet away so I was only stung once before scrambling into my house. Two of the buggers managed to follow me inside but with much flailing of arms and mashing of teeth I was able to over power the little suckers and made them scream for mercy. Yep I squashed them real good. I felt a little guilty about it afterward. I mean I did bang on their hiding place with a hammer after all. That moment of compassion passed and I bought a can of Hornet spray and gassed the little suckers. The survivors moved to a tree in the garden and started building a new nest. Remind me to tell you sometime about the midnight raid I executed to remove a nest the size of a beach ball and the unfortunate result of discovering the shortcomings of my evil plan. In other words why it’s not a good idea to run around in the dark in a garden with a lot of knee high rocks.

Joe
    The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach.

Desert Tides or how I learned to swim in quicksand Adventure
    A Tall Tale Told on a Cold Night Fantasy

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I can't wait to here that story, Storey! The midnight raid on the wasp nest.
    "Being a freedom fighter, a force for good, it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, it looks good on a resume, but the pay sucks."

My current AAR: Regents and Revenge - a CK2 one-shot

Strategos ton Exkoubitores Fulcrumvale's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: Revolutions

Update?

Please?
    A History of Baden- Will Bernard I von Baden-Baden and his wife Anna von Oettingen lead Baden to victory or disaster?
    Nominated for the Weekly AAR Showcase, 9/25/06!/ Nominated for Best Character Writer of the Week, 10/29/06!/ Winner, Favorite History-Book AAR, EU1/2, Q3 2006!

"And the dream would grow ever grander and more wonderful, and the higher it reached towards the impossible, the more beguiling it became."--Emile Zola

Rome Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrumvale
    Update?

Please?
    Ditto ...ditto!!
    Currently spending my time on ... Empires in Arms & Mordheim ...

The Fuehrer of the Dance Mettermrck's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Greetings all, I wanted to pass on my apologies for not having posted recently. This training class at work goes into the night and it's been extended two weeks thus far. It's hard sitting in my cube, dreams of Selenus and Sicily in my head, with no fruition.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: Rome

S. Latitude 47° 9′, W. Longitude 126° 43′
    Blog Entries
    Hey, Mett. Nice to hear from!
    The Rodina and the Shackles of Humanity - A Soviet HOI3 AAR

"The Italians have a saying, Lemon, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' And, although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct." - Jack in 30 Rock

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Funny, I almost bumped this to the top earlier this morning. Good to know it's still mulling around in your head. Let's hope life allows time enough to get it on the page. We are all looking forward to it.
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 26 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 76 ... LastLast