• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May 17, 2005
"Because you'll get BORED TITLESS"​

images.jpg

However, due to some threads I recently read, I thought Id give it a go and this is part 1 of the results

HyperTeching VENICE

1419 - 1619
vencivflag.png

Basically, drop all province's and most units, except (obviously) your capital and trade like mad while hoping no one attacks, thats more or less it.

Version 1.08 - latest beta - eu2_108b_21stApr2005 , Very hard / Normal.​

ss0.jpg

Day 1, all ships disbanded except 1 galley and two transports, they dont cost a cent to maintain. Disband all the army except enough to deal with Mantua, we declare war on Mantua, for its a pot of gold - one month a year we loot Mantua and place this cash in the bank.

ss1.jpg

We get no income from Dalmatia and Istria while their under seige, so we give them away to Byzantines one month after declaring war. War with Hungary and Croatia ends in white peace(they cant attack us).

ss2.jpg

Okay we captured Mantua early on and disbanded our entire army except 500 infantry for the looting of Mantua, since then we have had no overhead expense's. Note the bank account is growing nicely and its off to war again.

ss3.jpg

It takes a couple of months for Byzantines to accept Ionia and Corfu, then we release Krete as vassal.​

ss4.jpg

Note the costs of Infra (in the last three pics) has dropped significantly as we are now a pure city state of one province. We hit Infra 3 in a couple of months and buy a refinery with some of our well earned loot from Mantua.

ss5.jpg

After looting once a year for twenty years our inflation is were we want it(in case we get a deflation event). Mantua by this time has saved up a wad of cash, we accept the 300 ducats plus vassalization. All that cash is going to buy alot of merchants in the years to come :D .

ss6.jpg

We boot the Knights from our alliance (we dont want to become embroiled in their petty wars). Krete are considered a less war mongering sod, so we make an alliance so we arent harrassed by every nation and his dog to join theirs.

ss7.jpg

Mantua doesnt appreciate being our vassal, white peace is signed two years later(they cant attack us).​

ss9.jpg

Event- Cyprus later ditch the vassalage, meanwhile we have been trading.​

ss10.jpg

More COTs for us too exploit.​

ss11.jpg

Now we shall have cash in abundance, not that we need it :D .​

ss13.jpg

Looks promising, but this Cot is run by the Indian mafia. Its known by Venetian merchants as the black hole.​

ss14.jpg

Europe 1520, note our trade is flourishing, so is our bank account, thanks to the mayor.​

Technology dates

(*DATE* = indicates techs money was not put into, Monarch rating and Neighbour bonus alone paid for it )​

* 1 Mar 1434 * Land 2

1 May 1434 Infra 3

* 4th feb 1448 * Naval 3

* 1st aug 1456 * Land 3

1st sept 1459 Infra 4

1st jan 1465 Trade 4

* 1st mar 1469 * Naval 4

* 1st june 1474 * Land 4

1st feb 1486 Infra 5

* 1st dec 1486 * Naval 5

1st jan 1490 Trade 5

* 1st feb 1490 * Land 5

1st aug 1493 Naval 6

1st sept 1497 Naval 7

1st june 1498 Naval 8

1st nov 1498 Naval 9

1st april 1500 Naval 10

1st aug 1504 Land 6

1st nov 1507 Naval 11

* 1st Nov 1518 * Land 7

* 1st aug 1520 * Land 8

* 1st sept 1521 * Land 9

1st june 1522 Naval 12

1st aug 1525 Naval 13

* 1st mar 1527 * Land 10

1st feb 1529 Infra 6

1st jan 1530 Trade 6

1st mar 1531 Naval 14

1st mar 1532 Naval 15

1st jan 1533 Land 11

1st jan 1535 Naval 16

1st dec 1536 Land 12

1st may 1539 Land 13

1st may 1541 Land 14

1st may 1542 Land 15

1st may 1543 Land 16

1st aug 1544 Naval 17

1st sep 1547 Land 17

1st may 1560 Naval 18

1st aug 1562 Land 18

1st jan 1570 Naval 19

1st jan 1577 Naval 20

1st may 1578 Land 19

1st feb 1584 Land 20

1st jan 1589 Trade 7

1st jan 1590 Infra 7

1st oct 1593 Naval 21

1st dec 1597 Naval 22

1st jan 1600 Land 21

1st may 1600 Land 22

1st feb 1606 Naval 23

1st feb 1611 Naval 24

1st july 1614 Land 23

1st july 1618 Land 24​

Basically policy sliders headed towards Central, Innov, Merc, Pluto.​

ss15.jpg

Europe after 200 years​

ss16.jpg

Domination of the world's trade​

ss17.jpg

Military tech comparison, not a huge gap,though our economy techs are blitzing them.​

Part 2, I plan on completing techs, then going around the world killing the greatest leaders, Napolean, Wellington, Nelson...etc....Woooohooooo

Last edited:
hey, cool!
good'ol hyperteching....
tried it myself with porto after reading the same thread... 1 or 2 months ago...

my problem was that i could not sit at peace for too long.. i just had to go to war.... im wondering who will be your 1st victim... i feasted on Spain.

hoping to see more of this, but dont forget your other AAR... those British were doing pretty well last time i checked.. :D

Already did something similar before.

Man, that is booooooooooooooooooooooring... :(

But yes, nice to kick them all later. :D

Who owns the grey strip of land in England? Papal States? :wacko:

I think the Grey are Papal States (Italy), Alsace or sumthin and the protestant English bastard Puritans. I love the white blob! And I see Byzantium actually survived to 1619... Phew!

Nice Hyperteching. Maybe I should try that again. So I can get my but handed to me by Austria, England and France again.... Have fun, good luck!

HoChiMinh said:
Venice are easy to hypertech since you can block the province in case of war.

Anyway, nicely done.

Yes, but he was pushing it, keeping such a smell fleet... i mean, the ottomans could have taken venice easily if they had grown to their normal size by the mid 1500s

Fnuco - Yeah its a little hard not too declare war. I play about 5 years just sending merchants then I watch a music video or do something else on the net for 5 minutes then come back and continue. No one except Mantua have declared war, I keep my relations with Austria sweet (until it got too bad) and give MA to anyone bordering me. Ottomans was a sick man for a long time and now exstinct. Yes that is Papal in England. I plan on finishing this before I go on with the England game, this wont take long.

Anibal - I enjoy the fact theres an extremely fast speed :D . And yes I look forward to when the killing begins :cool: .

Dead William - Byzantines dont last much longer. This is my first and last hyper tech game (though I admit I did give Venice an initial trial run), were I took out the Aztecs thinking they would speed things up...it didnt.

HoChiMinh - they sure are the easiest, its more of an experiment for me more than anything else.

Fnuco - The thing with giving Byzantines so much territory is that they become a stumbling block for the Ottos.

EDIT - Fnuco love that quote in your sig, the House of Cards, Francis Urquhart was a great program, easily one of the best to come out of Britain in a while.

Last edited:
I have also experienced the difficulty of penetrating exotic markets when you have four or five trade levels advantage. I cannot find any explanation for it, except that there is some sort of AI cheat in play. It is silly that at trade level 6 the huron will kick you out in odd months while the Navajo kick you out in even months.

The problem with hyperteching is that you will end with an awesome inflation. In fact I sometimes delay my hyperteching to avoid hitting inflation before 1750. After all it becomes moot when all the rest of your tech group advances on your tail due to the huge bonus that you give them.

It will be interesting to know where other nations are when you reach 60/60/10/10. The Portuguese and Dutch are going to smoke the muslims and exotics quite easily in your game.

Fnuco said:
Yes, but he was pushing it, keeping such a smell fleet... i mean, the ottomans could have taken venice easily if they had grown to their normal size by the mid 1500s

Well, he had a marine wherft, and surely quite soon a tech advantage on naval tech... so in case they attacked him, he could have been able to immediately produce a lot of ships, not?

Or just payed them some money... he has just over 20000...

But it's a fun reading AAR... I usually go for the other way, an extremely large empire so the mali won't hurt anything... 40.000 for Infra6 are easy, if you've 250+ monthly income :D

Fodoron said:
I have also experienced the difficulty of penetrating exotic markets when you have four or five trade levels advantage. I cannot find any explanation for it, except that there is some sort of AI cheat in play. It is silly that at trade level 6 the huron will kick you out in odd months while the Navajo kick you out in even months.

The problem with hyperteching is that you will end with an awesome inflation. In fact I sometimes delay my hyperteching to avoid hitting inflation before 1750. After all it becomes moot when all the rest of your tech group advances on your tail due to the huge bonus that you give them.

It will be interesting to know where other nations are when you reach 60/60/10/10. The Portuguese and Dutch are going to smoke the muslims and exotics quite easily in your game.

The trading has gained fantastically now :D, that is ever since I hit trade 9 in 1668. Maintaining monopolies now instead of 25%.
Why is the inflation going to be a problem, since all your money will be going into the bank anyway?
Yeah, hehe, I didnt think about the side effects of hypering for other nations.

The Real Deal said:
Why is the inflation going to be a problem, since all your money will be going into the bank anyway?

Well not for you obviously since you are not buying anything. But if you decide to go on a killing spree, the armies and fleets will be more expensive for you. I am that type of person that hates paying for his plane seat more than the guy sitting next to him :D

General Guisan said:
Well, he had a marine wherft, and surely quite soon a tech advantage on naval tech... so in case they attacked him, he could have been able to immediately produce a lot of ships, not?

Or just payed them some money... he has just over 20000...

But it's a fun reading AAR... I usually go for the other way, an extremely large empire so the mali won't hurt anything... 40.000 for Infra6 are easy, if you've 250+ monthly income :D

G'day, sure, that was the plan anyway, if someone attack, build a load of ships, actually on my trial run game, Papal attacked and Lordan with one galley held off 15 warships 7 times, before reinforcements were built. The thing is no one has a CB on me so why would they attack? were talking about the AI here. I keep royal marriages and give MA, sweeten them up :D .

We are talking the AI here. It has an intrinsec desire to expand. Cores and CB only help chosing, but many countries that fit that bill of not having cores or CB are wasted in Europe, Austria for example will attack you just because she can. Royal marriage helps prevent it, and the combination of royal marriage and high relationship keeps you absolutely safe. The MA actually does not make any difference and it would get cancelled the same day that they declare war.

Fodoron said:
We are talking the AI here. It has an intrinsec desire to expand. Cores and CB only help chosing, but many countries that fit that bill of not having cores or CB are wasted in Europe, Austria for example will attack you just because she can. Royal marriage helps prevent it, and the combination of royal marriage and high relationship keeps you absolutely safe. The MA actually does not make any difference and it would get cancelled the same day that they declare war.

Oh well :D , in regards to Austria, I was just relying on the fact they had no port and that id have better naval tech than them in any case.

The Real Deal said:
EDIT - Fnuco love that quote in your sig, the House of Cards, Francis Urquhart was a great program, easily one of the best to come out of Britain in a while.

that must be the best thing to have hit TV ever!
i recommend it to everyone!

the House Of Cards Trilogy ( House of Cards, To Play The King, The Final Cut) starring the brilliant Ian Richardson.

another of my fav quotes in there is when at the beginning of part two he turns to the camera and says: "Somebody is going to get it in the neck... but not us, eh?" and smiles....

Fnuco said:
that must be the best thing to have hit TV ever!
i recommend it to everyone!

the House Of Cards Trilogy ( House of Cards, To Play The King, The Final Cut) starring the brilliant Ian Richardson.

another of my fav quotes in there is when at the beginning of part two he turns to the camera and says: "Somebody is going to get it in the neck... but not us, eh?" and smiles....

The way he talks to the screen just really pulls you in and you begin to rub your hands with anticipation "Hehe, what are we going to do my friend, what must we do, who must be silenced, oh goodie, whatever you say...hehe, I will do it". You become a real co-conspirator. I watch next to nothing on TV, but I stumbled on that series and I couldn't wait for the next episode every time it finished, brilliant.

Your inflation problems will be solved as soon as you start conquering everyone. You know, you'll have to invest in stability then. :D

Part 2

1619 - 1719

Trading, trading, yawn, trading....new tech​

11111ass.jpg

Trading, trading, trading...yawn, new tech, yawn​

zz0.jpg

In all the time I have played EU2, I have never been guaranteed...wooohooo.​

zz1.jpg

Money, money, money, in a rich man’s world.​

zz2.jpg

Portugal banned me from trading in their COTs, this simply wasn't accectable.​

zz3.jpg

WAR, Huzza, Huzza, Huzza
futurama1.jpg
Let me at 'em.​

zz4.jpg

Many a fine Portugese sailor died this day, in fact all of 'em :D .​

zz5.jpg

KILL, PILLAGE AND DESTROY, no one bans Venice, mark my words, no one.​

zz6.jpg

Trading rights restored.​

zz7.jpg

We get banned again​

zz8.jpg

And repeat the success, trading rights reinstored later.​

Technology Dates

1st Feb 1624 – Naval 25

1st May 1627 – Naval 26

1st Nov 1630 – Infra 8

1st Nov 1632 – Land 25

1st Mar 1634 – Trade 8

1st Sept 1643 – Land 26

1st Sept 1646 – Naval 27

1st Nov 1649 – Land 27

1st Jan 1654 – Naval 28

1st Jan 1668 – Trade 9

1st June 1668 – Land 28

1st Feb 1670 – Naval 29

1st July 1672 – Land 29

1st Mar 1674 – Naval 30

1st Aug 1675 – Naval 31

1st Feb 1677 – Naval 32

1st June 1678 – Naval 33

1st Mar 1679 – Naval 34

1st Dec 1679 – Naval 35

1st Jan 1681 – Naval 36

1st Oct 1681 – Naval 37

1st Nov 1682 – Naval 38

1st Aug 1683 – Naval 39

1st Dec 1684 – Land 30

1st Dec 1685 – Land 31

1st Jan 1687 – Land 32

1st Feb 1688 – Land 33

1st Aug 1688 – Land 34

1st Mar 1689 – Land 35

1st Jan 1690 – Infra 9

1st Feb 1690 – Land 36

1st Sep 1690 – Land 37

1st Sep 1691 – Land 38

1st June 1692 – Land 39

1st July 1694 – Land 40

1st Jan 1696 – Land 41

1st Aug 1697 – Naval 40

1st Jan 1699 – Naval 41

1st Jan 1700 – Naval 42

1st Dec 1700 – Land 42

1st July 1702 – Land 43

1st May 1704 – Land 44

1st Jan 1707 – Land 45

1st Nov 1709 – Land 46

1st Sep 1711 – Naval 43

1st Dec 1713 – Naval 44

1st Feb 1716 – Naval 45

1st Jan 1719 – Land 47​

zz11.jpg

Is this fast or not? really, I usually dont get this far, get too bored :D

zz12.jpg

They had 4 civil wars before this and 1 after :wacko: All these new nations flooded my home COT :( , losing income :( , but Im still a rich sod :p .​

zz13.jpg

France is looking healthy, while our trade explodes.​

zz14.jpg

I know you really needed to know that :p .​

zz15.jpg

I will trade were I like, no exception, my economy depends on it. Ever since the first war with Portugal I maintined a standing army and navy, this was expanded greatly with this new threat.

zz16.jpg

These triple deckers really packed a punch. Note the small Mameluk force running for cover as the thunderous roar of belching cannons echo across the water​

zz17.jpg

And sunk all in their path.​

zz18.jpg

zz19.jpg

The American colonies are overrun easily, peace and trading rights are in reach.​

zz20.jpg

However, Land 47, Naval 45, Trade 9, Infra 9....is this hyper enough, if at all :eek:, should I take on the full might of France, Papal states and Spain, just for the sake of fullfilling my crazy blood lust desires, which I have bottled up to this point, driving me half balmy. Or should I wait until the teching is complete(at least the military techs), to give me the best chance for success, seriously I doubt the quality of my men at arms in pitched battle at this time and perhaps in the future, being full naval / defensive.

zz21.jpg

Hmmmm​

agdfdFuturama.jpg

This is how I'm now feeling :D

Last edited:
Kill them all. Kill those who negate trade! :mad:

By the way, it's rather fun to see those 100k+ french soldiers on your doorstep but they can't cross the frontier if they control the sea. Cheater! :p