• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zuckergußgebäck

Den ökända hästen från Troja
11 Badges
Jan 7, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
All of us in the 1914 team are annoyed when people post in the threads saying 'this would be a good idea!!!!! Pretty, please', when we already had it in TGW. don´t get me wrong on this one, we love input and suggestions, but it is frustrating with people asking for things that will definately be included.

Therefore, we strongly recommend that all of you who want to contribute, downloads TGW, which can be found here. Even if you don´t have HOI1, you can still look at the event files and see for yourself if the event you want is there already. If it is, we can almost guarantee you that it will be in 1914, if it isn´t in the first release, then might be the time commenting on it.

We´d also like to ask you people NOT to post new threads on small matters. There is nothing as frustrating as seeing a mountain of threads named "fix the OOB!", "Metz should be german", "OMG! Lol, raed thsz guyz, lol", "a small suggestion" and so on and so forth. Not oly does this kind of threads obscure the "real" discussion threads, but also eats forum bandwidth, creating "the server is to busy - please try again later" messages, which is a constant source of irritation for everybody on this forum.

If you have something you want changed, please post in an apropriate thread. If you feel that what you´ve got doesn´t fit into any thread, THEN you might consider starting a new thread.

I guess that´s all, prehaps some friendly moderator might actually consider stickying this? (and could (s)he in the process make the title into versals, as they dissapeared when I posted this)

Last edited:
Five bucks says somebody will still start a new thread called "this mod roxxorz!!". :rofl:

Kaiser Franz said:
poor poor ZgB....you all made him do this... :rofl:
best to let them know anyway.

No ZgB is just as frustrated as I am (and was in TGW sub-forum) with the repeated threads (doubling the info and loosing good stuff also) and people asking for stuff that has been already been decided upon because they didn't take the time to learn a little bit before posting (sounds a bit harsh I know).

General_Smith said:
Five bucks says somebody will still start a new thread called "this mod roxxorz!!". :rofl:

ja.gif

The title will say "this mod roxx0rz!!" but the first line in the first post will say something like "why isn't Metz German?" :wacko:

I shall get a moderator to have this stickied.

Allenby said:
ja.gif

The title will say "this mod roxx0rz!!" but the first line in the first post will say something like "why isn't Metz German?" :wacko:

I shall get a moderator to have this stickied.

I thought of it.. but it'd be too much to actually post that wouldn't it? A bit too blatent on the spamming front :rofl: Anyway for the purpose of not spamming.. I'm glad you've laid down the law on this and I hope people take heed!

Perhaps what would be best is if there was no forum at all and development of the mod could be limited to some sort of conference call including those already working on it as well as those DOWNLOADING TGW AND READING ALL THE EVENT FILES.

Remind me never to be in the left lane of the, uh, Autobahn when Zucker is coming up from behind.

Perhaps threads would not be cluttered up so if spammers and those using "aol language" were just ignored rather than subjected to some ostentatious display of "forum rage."

I quite like what I have read in this forum about your mod but it certainly would appear as if the attitude/self-importance quotient is just overflowing in some quarters. But on the other hand I suppose you have the right guy on hand if it ever were required to develop AI scripting for pre-WWI German diplomacy.

Queipo de Llano said:
Perhaps what would be best is if there was no forum at all and development of the mod could be limited to some sort of conference call including those already working on it as well as those DOWNLOADING TGW AND READING ALL THE EVENT FILES.

Remind me never to be in the left lane of the, uh, Autobahn when Zucker is coming up from behind.

Perhaps threads would not be cluttered up so if spammers and those using "aol language" were just ignored rather than subjected to some ostentatious display of "forum rage."

I quite like what I have read in this forum about your mod but it certainly would appear as if the attitude/self-importance quotient is just overflowing in some quarters. But on the other hand I suppose you have the right guy on hand if it ever were required to develop AI scripting for pre-WWI German diplomacy.
Quiepo de Llano,

It is not that we do not appreciate appreciate when non-team members post events, even ones that we may already have, we do appreciate it. We are not trying to be rude we are just trying to prevent double work, and keep some clutter down.

What we are annoyed with is when other forumites create a whole new thread that could have already gone into an existing thread. Unlike TGW sub-forum that was several pages long by the time we released the last version this sub-forum is still only one page long...all we are asking is that if you are going to post an event, and idea, a complaint, etc. is to look to see if there is an already existing thread somewhere in this sub-forum where it might belong. There is even a meta-thread with links to the others (kept up by me, although it should be noted that I might have missed a few but feel free to point it out to me if I have) when/if the sub-forum goes into multiple pages.

As for downloading TGW and reading the event files there. We are not demanding anyone do this, but it would help a lot if you (or others) did so, As for ZgB his bark is worse than his bite, that and he has a tendancy to kill himself in bizarre and gruesome ways...

And my last thought is: Remember, only you can keep the 1914 sub=forum clean!

Queipo de Llano said:

Modifications tend to work on lines similar to the ones you have just outlined, anyway. :) At least, they do when they are in their advanced stages, as opposed to their infancy. This mod and its predecessor, for example, has been developed via a number of processes - sometimes an issue is decided after extensive debate on the subject; sometimes a decision is taken arbitrarily after an inspiring evening at the pub. Nevertheless, nearly everything is eventually posted on the forum for other's comments and as SK points out, we very much appreciate the contributions of others, but view with some distaste the occasion when someone re-opens a question on a subject that has long been settled. The truth of the matter is that many fundamental decisions were taken nearly two years ago during the development of TGW - Zuckergußgebäck's energetic plea is simply that these matters not by dug up like old corpses in a graveyard. "Will Metz be German?" is a case in point. It is rather like a situation in which a group of car designers assemble to decide upon what type of door handle should be used, only for someone to intervene and ask whether the vehicle should be a sports car or a people carrier...

Queipo de Llano said:

Fortunately the threads are not cluttered up in the slightest, which makes navigation wonderfully easy, especially if one uses the forum's excellent search function. However, being asked a number of vintage questions in new threads unnecessarily does add to untidyness, and we strive for a subforum that can be used easily, without having to wade through a morass of irrelevancy and settled subjects. :)

Queipo de Llano said:

I was unaware that Count von Bulow and Theobald von Bethmann-Hollweg encountered difficulties in organising a section of an internet forum devoted to Swedish made strategy games. ;) Nevertheless, thank you for your compliment and your encouragement - I do believe that we are doing extremely important work here, and leading/contributing to this modification certainly makes me realise that, on a personal level, I am indispensable to the human race, and that anyone who stops me must be crushed into a small cube.
ja.gif

On a side note, is it just me or did a whole bunch of threads in TGW sub-forum seemed to disappear?

Edit: Nevermind, see Allenby's post below. :eek:o

Last edited:
Shadow Knight said:
On a side note, is it just me or did a whole bunch of threads in TGW sub-forum seemed to disappear?

Threads that have not been posted in within the past month automatically become invisible by default, unless one specifies that they wish to view those threads that have not been posted in for a longer period of time.

The link in the first post in this thread is not currently working. Has the file's location changed?

Looks like Biosis and the Cold War gang just came up with a nice idea. Perhaps we should try it aswell, but instead delay it 40 days - imperial general staff style?