• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tyrel68

V.I.P. Graphics Guru
4 Badges
Feb 15, 2004
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
***FOR SCREENSHOTS***
Check OHGamer's Prussia AAR , it was played with the new interface.
---------------

I finished drafting together the new interface. It comes in two flavours, one for Vanilla and one for VIP .4b.This is based off of the BlueOran interface posted last year. Something I did find out is that his interface was a complete hoax as his pictures showed things that are not possible to do. I personally did like his design and many others did as well so I drafted together a working version. Enjoy! :cool:

The differance is that the VIP version has better capital icons for most of the world.

BUG FIX!!!!
Description:
A small bug was created by the new fonts I added! It causes a slight skewing of the buttons in the Political and Reforms sections of the interface.
Resolution:
All you need is to use the -->"Text.rar" <-- file I uploaded to fix this.

DO NOT APPLY THIS FIX IF YOU HAVE A NON-ENGLISH VERSION OF VICTORIA

Please Download EITHER the VIP or the Vanilla file and follow instructions.

UPDATE:

I uploaded the 2 versions as .Zip for the MAC users. I incorperated the text.csv fix into both of them.

UPDATE 2:

The new fonts were not included in any of the previous mods, to install them simply extract this file and place it in the Vickie base directory

UPDATE 3:

I upgraded the Vanilla Vickie version to be compatble with Vanilla Revolutions. This version INCLUDES the new fonts and the new text.csv

Instructions:
1) If you downloaded the .rar interface versions, install the text.csv into the config folder
2) If you downloaded the .zip interface the text.csv is already installed
3) Install the fonts.zip into the Vickie Base directory in the VIP version, the vanilla version already has it.

Attachments

• VIP Vickie Interface V.1.zip
    1 MB · Views: 2.358
  • Vanilla Vickie Interface V.2.zip
    294,8 KB · Views: 3.096
  • fonts.zip
    28,8 KB · Views: 1.571
  • text.rar
    50,5 KB · Views: 1.234
Last edited:
As soon as I get home, I will post some pics of this interface in action :D
untitled.jpg

Last edited:
A small bug I just noticed is that the VIP version is lacking the new Pause Button.

If you really want it, download the Vanilla version and grab the pause_button.bmp from there :D

pardon my intrusion, one little nitpick:

what you identify as 'DI gain/yr' might mislead a new player into thinking the immediately visible # (2 in your screenie) is the DI gain, when it of course as us experienced players know is the available DI at that moment. players could then be even more confused thus, when they hover over that spot, as they then see the other numbers that show the real DI gain/year and modifiers to the efficiency.

Gaius Marius I said:
pardon my intrusion, one little nitpick:

what you identify as 'DI gain/yr' might mislead a new player into thinking the immediately visible # (2 in your screenie) is the DI gain, when it of course as us experienced players know is the available DI at that moment. players could then be even more confused thus, when they hover over that spot, as they then see the other numbers that show the real DI gain/year and modifiers to the efficiency.
Good point! Will fix that.

This should be the last update for this file as most of my focus is now on the GFX for VIP.

Anyway, I thought it would be beneficial to post this here to see the reaction. The VIP version will have MANY more changes then even these files so look out for VIP.5 :D

Looks great, nice work.

Lord Boreal said:
Looks great, nice work.
Thank you very much for the compliment. It was much harder then I thought it would be to do this but IMHO the GFX of Victoria needed a little spice. The new capital icons are the real gems as they had a lot of unique charm.

BUG FIX!!!!
Description:
A small bug was created by the new fonts I added! It causes a slight skewing of the buttons in the Political and Reforms sections of the interface.
Resolution:
All you need is to use the -->"Text.rar" <-- file I uploaded to fix this.

Please Download EITHER the VIP or the Vanilla file + the Text.rar.

Last edited:
Gaius Marius I said:
one small question: if i download and use your interface, will it cause me to get a version incompatibility when playing MP?
It shouldn't have anything to do with actual gameplay, so no I don't foresee any issues whatsoever.

EDIT:

I may do a V.3 of this interface because there are a few small GFX tweaks I could do but it's nothing huge. Again, i was mostly concentrating on VIP so I was troublshooting it and not updating this one.

Last edited:
Gaius Marius I said:
one small question: if i download and use your interface, will it cause me to get a version incompatibility when playing MP?
The changed texts might. That would be worthy of testing.

tyrel68, are you considering making "international" versions of this? People wanting to use this with non-english versions of the game might be put off by the engligh text on the interface.

Also, that start game button doesn't go all the way to convincing me. :)

Gwalcmai said:
The changed texts might. That would be worthy of testing.

tyrel68, are you considering making "international" versions of this? People wanting to use this with non-english versions of the game might be put off by the engligh text on the interface.

Also, that start game button doesn't go all the way to convincing me. :)
Well, why are you draggin my Start Game button into this? ;)

About the international version of this, that is nothing to do with this at all really as all the text is in the text.csv. So I guess the bug fix would not be "international" but if you do not use that then the interface should work for all versions of Vickie

Also, I just thought changes to the EXE would make it incompatiable with MP but I may be wrong.

EDIT:

If you want this bug fix to be applied to alternate language Vickies, you need to find the section that holds the text for the Political and Reforms buttons and simply add a space to the end of the text for all the buttons.

EXAMPLE:

Trinkets;;;;; would be Trinkets ;;;;; - See the extra space after trinkets?

I meant the top and side bars with text on them, actually. :)

Gwalcmai said:
I meant the top and side bars with text on them, actually. :)
Oh, you got me there ;)

Well, if there is a real demand for it and somebody can translate them, then sure :D

***Bump***

This aint Dodgem's Online 2005 :D

Lord Boreal said:

Dodgems...bump....dodgems...bump...
Oh ok ;)

No way though I am letting this slip into oblivion after all that work :D