• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jul 17, 2003
Visit site
Greetings!

HSR 2.02 available for download!

Not only does HSR 2.02 incorporate the best military skills ever scripted,
but also is a pleasure to your eyes
and furthermore it works with HoI2 version 1.02 !!!
:D

Go to www.stonyroad.de and under "Downloads" >> "Hearts of Iron II" >> "Hearts of Iron II Gameplay Mods"

Expand and Conquer!
Tjaja

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first non-graphic Stony Road mod I've ever downloaded, so forgive my noobiness.

Last night I played as the Germans and I was totally incapable of making any headway against the French through Belgium. I had 20 mixed panzer and infantry divisions, all reinforced with brigades and supported by Tac and CAS, get stopped dead in their tracks by 3 French infantry divisions on numerous occasions. He'll, I'd have five French infantry divisions attack two German panzer divisions and force the tanks to retreat. I haven't experienced anything like this in any other game of Hoi2.

What am I doing wrong? How are the rules different? I thought I'd easily steamroll the French, but... :confused:

hellfish6 said:
This is the first non-graphic Stony Road mod I've ever downloaded, so forgive my noobiness.

Last night I played as the Germans and I was totally incapable of making any headway against the French through Belgium. I had 20 mixed panzer and infantry divisions, all reinforced with brigades and supported by Tac and CAS, get stopped dead in their tracks by 3 French infantry divisions on numerous occasions. He'll, I'd have five French infantry divisions attack two German panzer divisions and force the tanks to retreat. I haven't experienced anything like this in any other game of Hoi2.

What am I doing wrong? How are the rules different? I thought I'd easily steamroll the French, but... :confused:

Obviously there is something you did not realise that is happening. Three healthy infantry divisions, even if German (best in game) can not defeat 2 tech related healthy defending panzer divisions. In the case of the attack HSR make big emphasis on terrain and weather conditions of the defending units and ways of attacking the province if everything is against you then indeed you might have a step back, but I find it difficult to believe that this happened to you in Belgium. Always check that you are not experiencing independent flank attacks on your attacking units, this will have a devastating effect. It is not a game you know? it is war :)

Soviets Declare War in 1939

i think this MOD and scenario is great, but it needs to be fixed when it comes to the historical agreement between germany and the soviet union before invading poland. a week within my invasion of poland, the soviets declare war on me. i thought this might be a one time bug, so i reloaded the save before my invasion of poland. after my reload and i invade poland, again the soviet union declares war on me within a week. i though this was to be a more historical MOD? it is kinda hard to play germany historically when the soviets declare war on germany early unhistorically.

I would be interested in responses to this post.

thanks

Please help me get rid of the deadline.

I have just installet stonyroad version1.02 for Hearts of iron 2. But i was sadent to see that the game still ends in 1947. Is there any patch or any way that you can alter this, so you can play without a timelimit or atleast one thats far in the future like you could in the stonyroad for HOI.

ALM

gettydude81 said:
i think this MOD and scenario is great, but it needs to be fixed when it comes to the historical agreement between germany and the soviet union before invading poland. a week within my invasion of poland, the soviets declare war on me. i thought this might be a one time bug, so i reloaded the save before my invasion of poland. after my reload and i invade poland, again the soviet union declares war on me within a week. i though this was to be a more historical MOD? it is kinda hard to play germany historically when the soviets declare war on germany early unhistorically.

thanks

did you wait for the molotov-ribbentrop pact event?
or did you just attack? If you wait for this event you shouldn't have soviets attacking you

yeah, i waited for the molotov-ribbentrop pact event. i always do historical aggreement and the soviets agree with historical outcome. it is usually late september when the soviets declare war on me, usually right after i take Warsaw but havent annexed poland yet. any help you can provide in regards to code changing, or whatever to fix this problem would be appreciated. on thing i have noticed is in th stoney road historical scenario, my relations with the soviets continue to decrease after each day, where as in the originally scenario my relations increase somewhat each day.

thanks

ALM said:
I have just installet stonyroad version1.02 for Hearts of iron 2. But i was sadent to see that the game still ends in 1947. Is there any patch or any way that you can alter this, so you can play without a timelimit or atleast one thats far in the future like you could in the stonyroad for HOI.

ALM

I can send it to you if you give me your email :)

gettydude81 said:

thanks

This is not HSR related, something went wrong with your game and I am assuming that your game did not recognise the Molotov-Ribbentrp pact as signed even when you think you did.

Do I have to register to the site? I want to try HSR, but I am just going to drop it if I have to register to download it.

Yes I have think you have to register, If you do not want too, you may have to find some other site where they may have it, but probably you have too register there too.

Why do I have to register in the first place? Is there some reason why a restriction on distribution of 1s and 0s is desired?

=xXx= Mason said:
Quick question, this looks great, but does it work with Arm?

Based on what I have seen on other mod threads, there are some substantive differencesbetween the engine in HOI2/DD and Arm.

Thanks in advance.

No, latest HSR version (2.08) works with DD 1.2 patch. There's ARM addon on the works but it's unofficial. You can find it on HSR site.

Gen. Skobelev said:
No, latest HSR version (2.08) works with DD 1.2 patch. There's ARM addon on the works but it's unofficial. You can find it on HSR site.
I have the Doomsday Expansion, and the Arm expansion, but since i loaded the Arm expan the doomsday expan says armagedon on it do this mean i can not load this mod? Or is there anyway to remove the Arm mod from my doomsday without deleting it?

eventheodd said:
I have the Doomsday Expansion, and the Arm expansion, but since i loaded the Arm expan the doomsday expan says armagedon on it do this mean i can not load this mod? Or is there anyway to remove the Arm mod from my doomsday without deleting it?

Unless you use the addon, you can't play HSR without deinstalling and reinstalling. If you do that, make sure you keep vanilla copy of the game to make it easier to install and uninstall mods.

Does it work for a Macintosh?