• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tayran

Colonel
38 Badges
Jan 3, 2001
Visit site
  • Darkest Hour
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Empire of Sin
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
This a new try for a Fascist Sweden, I wrote one AAR for HOI but I abandoned it a few months ago. But I will now write a new one, same concept, differnt game. For a more exciting game I have altered a few things:

1. Lowered the cost of factories to 3 IC and lowered the construction time to 120 days. This for giving small countries, like Sweden, a chance to build their own future, be players too.

2. Lowered the cost of infrastructure. Same reason as 1.

3. Raised the amount of resources in the world with about 20%. More IC demands more resources, and since I thought that giving more resources to only Sweden would be cheating, I gave more to the whole planet! Fascists can be nice too :).

4. Added some events to Sweden, mostly giving them some more manpower in the time of war, paying with dissent. And ofcourse events making Sweden fascist.

5. I altered the ministers and some leaders to spice the story up.

6. I raised the value of IC in conquered provinces. Also to make conquest a little more fun and worthwhile.

I will be playing 1.2.

The goal for the campaign will be an early joining of the axis for blueprints, since Sweden dont have many resources and my new industries will be demanding alot of them, i will have to trade early and alot with mainly Germany, UK, and USSR to stockpile, since trade during the war will be hard.

The conquest plan is as follows:

1. Attack on norway in 39. I could of course attack earlier, the norweigian army is not that good, but that would draw me into war with the allies. And then my trade would collapse, and as thus also my warmachine. So it must be in 39.

2. Support for the german wareffort in Europe while waiting for the finnish winterwar to end. At the same time directing the warproduction on navalbombers and marines in preparation for the attack on Denmark.

3. After the end of the winterwar, an swift attack on Finland.

4. After Finland, if the marines and navalbombers are ready, an attack on Denmark. This can be tricky, since I cannot pass the strait with my navy between Sweden and Denmark, so I must land in Jylland before the Germans, hopefully I can get to Odense before the danish and then crushing copenhagen with an combined marineattack from Skåne and infantry from Odense. To accomplish this, I must first destroy the danish navy with my navalbombers. Denmark, of the scandinavian countries, is the hardest to beat. But hopefully not impossible. As long as Germany doesnt beat me to it, but hopefully will they be busy in France or Yugoslavia.

5. Finally, destruction of the red menace and reconquest of the baltic region. Hopefully I will have an impressive tankarmy by now, that can pierce the russian lines and reach latvia before the germans.´

This is the main plan of conquest. Regarding defense:

1. By the start of the war at least have 2 fighters and 3 navalbombers. The fighters will protect my west coast from hostile bombing and the navalbombers will keep the RN busy. Hopefully giving some protection against an invasion. The close to worthless swedish navy will i station outside Göteborg for early defence against my nordic neighbours, then maybe send it to Östersjön to rampage the red navy until it dies!

2. Land defence will be light, and mainly on the norweigian west coast. Maybe 2 or 3 divisions. Depending on the progress in the east.

This is the setting in 1936. May Sweden prevail and prosper!

Last edited:
The rise of Sweden - a fascist AAR​

Stockholm 23 september 1935

A very distressed Prime minister Per Albin Hansson is sitting by his desk at the riksdag in Stockholm. The week had not been good. Riots and sabotage. It seemed that some evil force was working against him. It had all begun in april. Demands from right-wing followers that Sweden supported Germany in her foul agenda. Insane! As if not this was enough, some people actually listened to the demagogs, forcing Hansson to act. Like he didnt have enough trouble on his own, commies, capitalists, all were supposed to get along under his command, yeah right! The demagogs preached on the street that the time had come for Sweden to rise and retake its place as one of the leading nations in Europe. They were talking about conquest, victories, glory! What happend to the class struggle? First Hansson had laughed at it, neglecting it as oldtimers rubbish. But after some weeks he had to change his mind. This Erik Hjelm was gaining followers, and fast. Who knew that all this issues of conquest excisted amoung the peaceful swedes?

If the situation had looked bad in april, it was catastrophic now, the summer had been nothing but problems. Fascists fighting communists, fascists fighting police, anarchists fighting everybody! The fascists main advantage was that they didnt neglect any class, they appealed to everybody. They gave the people false promises. Seriously, Sweden as a power in Europe. This is the 20th centuary, the time of wars has come to an end.

Never the less, the fascists were causing problems. The last week there had been full of endless demonstrations and mass rallies. People had been gathering in the capitol for something big, Hansson could smell it. Since Ådalen the government hadnt called in military against its own citizens, but this! Tens of thousands of militants, roaming the streets. Hansson was all but happy about it. They were up to something, and Hansson was unsure if he could handle it. He was going to adress the rikstag about the situation the next day, and he couldnt really come up with anything to say. What were those right-wing maniacs up to? Almost all attempts of infiltration had failed, their organisation was tight, they knew everything of everybody. Hansson had no proof, but he suspeced mob like methods in their way of dealing with justice. Not a few times had fascists walked away free under mysterious circumstances. And nobody would talk. Frustrating.

Still, he had to do something. Hansson had called for an central meeting with the police and intelligence were supposed to deliver their rapport. After all, what could a couple of fascists do to his country? The party that had liberated the workers from the capitalists, some tens of thounsands of fascists is no match for them! After all, maybe this wasnt such a bad day for Hansson after all.

Sure of himself, Hansson retired to his quarters, well prepared for the riksdag in the morning.

Last edited:
Morning 24 september 1935

Prime minister Per Albin Hansson woke late in the morning. In his sleep there were no Erik Hjelms or other weird stuff that didnt belong in a social democratic country. Still, when he arouse he had to face the facts. Gathered in his cabinet were high members of the intelligence, both military and police, also arrived were members of the foreign department.

"Gentlemen, why do I own the pleasure of having all of you here this morning?" Hansson greeted them.

"Well, this was just gonna be an ordinary meeting with the intelligence, but both the foregein department and the military intelligence have done some remarkable discoveries." Answered Chief of intelligence Hallgren.

"Speak up then, if this is so important, it cannot wait!"

"Of course. As you know, and ordered, we have under the passed summer been investigating the right-wing movement. We all were astonished of the fast rise of the party. Where did this movement come from? The two leaders of the biggest party, the National Swedish Fascist Party, NSFP, Erik Hjelm and August Stehn were uptil april unknown to us. After some investigation we managed to track them down. Both are from old familes that invested heavly in the industrialisation and lost their money in the depression. After the depression they both went to Germany, when the nazis came to power. Seeking new capital or something, we dont know. What we do know is that after the return from Germany they started up an import-export company, based in Göteborg. The company has been active since 1933 and is now one of the bases and financers of the NSFP."

"Wait a moment, how come that we didnt notice this before?" Hansson abrupted.

"Well, we didnt see them as a threat until now." Hallsten replied.

"Oh, well... Ok, continue."

"Ok. As far as we know, Stehn and Hjelm secretly recruited members to their new party, we dont know all of them, but it seems that quite a few industrialists have joined up, supporting them with money. But it was not until this spring that they hit the streets. Well prepared it seems, adopting the tacticts of their friends from the south. What we have learned, they have grown successful in the military too, many of our officers are impressed with the germans and I guess many of them dream of war and victory."

"Traitors!" The room broke up in discussion.

"Silence, party members, let Hallsten continue." An now seriously concerned Hansson yelled.

"Yes. Let me do so, it doesnt get better. Last week we began to check the shipments to Hjelms and Stehns company. Since february they have received no less than 25 shipments from Germany, and of them 22 have been the military navalbase on the northcoast. Last night we secretly intercepted a shipment. After heavy resistance, we seiged the cargo, consisting of no less than three tons of miltary material. Rifles, pistols, machineguns, handgrenades, grenadelaunchers, you name it. "

The room suddenly fell silent.

"So you say that possibly, the NSFP have received 22 of these shipments? 22 shipments of arms?" Hansson quiety asked.

"That is correct." Hallsten answered.

"How in the name of Hjalmar Branting could this happen!?" Hansson yelled.

"Without our knowledge!"

"Well, you yourself said the fascists were just some childs playing, and that was four months ago, these things take time." Hallsten remarked.

"Well... Hrrrmm... May be so... But still... We got to do something! I must address the rikstag of this immedeatly!"

Hansson burst out of the meatingroom, fastly going to the rikstag. This was an issue that needed to be dealt with right now! 22 shipments, right under his nose. The fascists were going to pay for this, and that Hallsten too, incompetent bastard. 'You told me four months ago.' Yeah right! Its his job to know these things. Reaching the gates to the rikstag, he directly called for an urgent meating.

If you are Swedish you should know it's called the Riksdag not the Rikstag ;)

Otherwise great so fare.......

Evening 24 september 1935
Per Albin Hansson had been speaking for hours, over and over again he had been preaching about the threat of the fascists. Of course everybody in the riksdag listened, but most of them didnt really take Hansson seriously. Around 19:00 Hansson suddenly fell silent by the sound of an distant explosion.
Almost directly the sound of gunfire followed. The riksdag ran to the windows. Hansson, just sat down on his chair, sighing. Outside the now frightend members of the riksdag sees an mob making its way towards the riksdag. Thousands of armed people fighting its way thru the scatterd police resistance.
The riksdag falls into panic, people shouting, arguing, calls for the military, airforce, navy, homeguard are made.

Suddenly the door bursts open and a diciplined force of blackdress men enters. The riksdag falls into silence. The front side of the riksdag begins to fill pressing the members to the back, all together.
Of the armed crowd one man steps forward. With discust he looks at the frightend politicians, frowning he steps back. Instead an line of machinegun armed men advances. They stand there silent for about an minut until their leaders finally speaks.

"Slay them all."

The room explodes in an carniage of blood and screams of death. Those who try to escape are shot in the back, noone is left alive. The leader makes his way thru the piles of corpses, reaching the speakers podium he removes the late Per Albin Hansson with his boot. He steps up and watches his comrades. From the crowd a few journalists steps forward, armed with cameras.

"Citizens of Sweden. This is our time. Too long have the deceiving power of democracy slaved our nation. But this is the time when we stand up and say; no longer. Never again will we be suppressed.
My name is Erik Hjelm, and I am the leader of the National Swedish Fascist Party. In the moment as I speak we are sieging power. Resistance is futile. Stay in your homes and this will go swift. We are only clearing out the last pieces of communist rubbish that plagues our country.

After many years we have finally beat the traitors, the communists, those who wish us no good. The greedy swines that have made this once great nation weak. But this is the day when we release ourselves of the chains of slavery! This is our time of glory. I send out a message to the world: Sweden will no longer be pushed around, those days are over. This, new Sweden answers to only two things, god and itself. Noone steps on Sweden!

Citizens. I promise you a bright future. When we no longer have the oppressing democracy to bind us, we will achive great things. We will reclaim our former place as the leader of the north. The world will tremble in the bare mention of our name! The future belong to us, us and us alone!
The country who crossed the bält and beat Russia, Poland and Denmark, alone, nothing can stop us!
We have a great history but an even greater future. I warn you, communists and deceivers, your days have come. We will spare noone on our route to victory. Our enemies will finally pay for their crimes, the traitors who sold out our land will also not go unpunished. This is a time of justice.

Citizens of Sweden, our time have come! We will prevail and we will prosper! Citizens, I salute you!"

A wave of terror hits the country, the well prepared fascists have infiltrated everything, a state within the state. Fascist officers of the military shoots their superiors sieging power of the armed forces. This is not hard considering the state of the army. Some regiments try to resist but are surrounded and destroyed by the diciplined and well armed fascists. Deathsquads roam the streets killing policemen on
sight.
After the first wave of terror reaches its end and second even more intense one begins. Social democratic politicians, communists, unionleaders, suspect foreigners and everybody that in some way works against the new government are gathered and either shot directly or put in camps.

The fascists have managed to siege power and swift eliminating the most urgent resistance, most important splitting them into smaller groups. Some gerilla are gathered in the woods, doing raids but they are few and bad organized.

To subdue the population, military patrol the streets and members of the resistance are executed in public.

This is the situation in Sweden around the end of 1935.

Last edited:
Yeah it dose..
But that's probably beacuse it sounds German and Germny isa mightyer than Sweden ;)

Stockholm January 1936

Erik Hjelm sat at his desk in his office in the Riksdag. Things were running smooth. As newly appointed Leader of Sweden Hjelm was rather content with himself. For those who didnt reach the direct conclusion from Leader to Führer, Hjelm wasnt late to point it out to them. He was not less a man than Hitler in Germany. Hjelm spun his chair around, gazing outside his window down the garden. An 6 meter high bronze statue of him was being build. Hjelm smiled, a little narcisism is never wrong. As Führer... Leader, what he wanted to be called Führer, it sounded so.... Mighty. But ofcourse it could only be one. And he knew that he would not live long if he called himself something like that. Sweden was no puppetstate of Germany, but still. Hjelm had Hitler to thank for his current posistion, no way he would have manage to siege power without german arms, training and money. He knew that, Hitler knew that and god forbid so did everybody on the planet. But he would show them. Sweden is sure capable of standing on her own feet. Just needing some time.

This day was important, he had meetings with all of his ministers, well, it was time for the monthly report of progress. All the sectors of the new government would show what they had accomplished. Else... Well, there had been some "accidents" amoung the ministers, but now it seemed that things were going more the way of the Leader, more the way of Hjelm. God knew he was in command.

Hjelm spun around watching the man entering his office. His second in command, chief of staff, general August Stehn. Stehn was Hjelms closest man, his right hand. Stehn had been the first to join Hjelm in his crusade. Stehn was the perfect henchmen, hehe Hjelm liked that word.

"Sire, the ministers have all gathered."

"Good Stehn, let them in."

politic_36_2.jpg

First to speak were Erik Karlsson, the foreign minister. Hjelm didnt really trust diplomats, Hjelm was military, diplomats were all about negotiating. Hjelm negotiated with his pistol. But still, Karlsson was a good man.

"Sire, we have officially concluded our alliance with Germany. But as you ordered we will not go public until your speech next week."

"Good Karlsson, good indeed. Well done."

Karlsson hadnt really done a good job, he hadnt done a bad job either, it was just that this alliance was all Hjelms doing. Karlsson had just been adjusting the details.

ally_010636_2.jpg

Next in the line was Martin Ekström, chief of Army. Not a general like Stehn, or Field Marshall like Hjelm, he sure liked the sound of that. Field Marshall, supreme commander of the armed forces of Swedens two divisions... He needed more! Angered by this sudden reminder Hjelm faced Ekström.

"Sire, the report of our armed forces. Despite desserters, exectutions, and... accidents we do have two full divisions, Viking 1 and Viking 2. Thanks to our massive recruiting we will soon count more."

"Hrrm. Two divions, what am I gonna to with them? Scare the enemy to death. Ohhh, we have two divisions, surrender! Bahh. Im getting tired of waiting Ekström. I want results. Run away and work, im getting angry by the bare sight of you."

Ekström, knowing what was good for him ran out of the room.

army_010636.jpg

"NEXT"

Arthur Lindén slowly arise from the shadows, strange man. Like a ghost, always in the dark. Industrialist like Hjelm, Lindén had also lost it all in the depression, he was very talented thou. Lindén ran the office of industry, and research, he also made sure the army did got its material, and the navy and the airforce and so on. A very busy but effective man.

prod_010636_2.jpg

"Sire, our report of our nations industry is sad, not impossible but sad. Our current capacity is low but we have advanced plans to improve the situation. As I speak my department are going throught major reforms of our industry. We are talking roads, railroads, factories. Everything. Give me five years and we will be a major manufactor. With our new worker system we are getting all the manpower we need. We are also, in association with SAAB and Bofors developing new methods of production. It is really new Sire, continental."

res_010636.jpg

"Ahh, good news Lindén. You are a rock! I will remember this."

Lindén left, leaving only Stehn.

"So Stehn, what do you think? Isnt the future bright? As I promised the people? Look at the map, with Germany as our ally, think what we can achive! Look, our alliance stretches from the north of Europe down to Austria, we are mighty!"

axis_060136.jpg

"Indeed Sire, nothing can stop us now."

Last edited:
com'on... START A NEW ONE ALREADY! I NEED MY FIX!!!! :rofl:

Promising, interresting and well written. Keep up the good work and post an update ASAP! just remember NOT TO go against Finland, or my grandpa will slaughter your sissies just like he did to those damn Sovjets... Take this as a threat, dude :mad:

Kasakka said:
Promising, interresting and well written. Keep up the good work and post an update ASAP! just remember NOT TO go against Finland, or my grandpa will slaughter your sissies just like he did to those damn Sovjets... Take this as a threat, dude :mad:

The fin is cocky. Hehe, I like it. It will be more fun when swedish tanks roll over the finnish border, slaying every attempt of resistance.

You can take it the easy way, submit to the swedish overlordship and return to your place as brotherpeople... Or suffer the swedish wraith! Mwahaha! We will rule the world!

Tayran said:
The fin is cocky. Hehe, I like it. It will be more fun when swedish tanks roll over the finnish border, slaying every attempt of resistance.

You can take it the easy way, submit to the swedish overlordship and return to your place as brotherpeople... Or suffer the swedish wraith! Mwahaha! We will rule the world!

are you going to set up Scandinavia? that would be fitting! :cool: plus, the rest of the Norse countries would feel more at "home"... :D

OH, do you have "claims" on the rest of Scandinavia, even if you don't form Scandinavia? that would give you increased production... :D

excellent! ! ! i'm in! :cool:

GhostWriter said:
are you going to set up Scandinavia? that would be fitting! :cool: plus, the rest of the Norse countries would feel more at "home"... :D

OH, do you have "claims" on the rest of Scandinavia, even if you don't form Scandinavia? that would give you increased production... :D

excellent! ! ! i'm in! :cool:

What kind of heathen talk do I hear? Scandinavia? There is no scandinavia, has never been one and there shall never exist one! Besides they have no tech teams. It also badly fit the nationalistic fascist party. I have *hrrm* given myself claims on finland, not on Norway or Denmark though. If you read my changed rules on the top of the thread you see that I have altered the production from conquered territory, so I get a nice increase even if they are not national territory.