• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Skarion

Field Marshal
23 Badges
Jul 3, 2004
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hey everyone, my nickname (As you've hopefully seen) is Skarion.

I've had around 3 AARs before, that reached into the 17th century, and then collapsed, so be AWARE!

This AAR will be based on the rules that I change country every 10th year, and to try to never pick the same nation TWICE!

I will be playing:

Scenario: GC (The Grand Campaign)
Version: 1.08
Difficulty: Very Hard
AI Aggressiveness: Normal

As I'm a nationalistic swede, I will of course start out with Sweden, and then see how it countinues.

Please wish me good luck! :D

(CURRENT TIME 1439
Countries played:
SWEDEN
CROATIA)

Last edited:
SWEDEN

The various provinces of Sweden, which had previously been independent entities, were absorbed around 1000 into a single unit whose centre of gravity lay partly in Västergötland and Östergötland and partly in the provinces around Lake Mälaren, especially Uppland. From the middle of the twelfth century onward there was a hard struggle for temporal power in this kingdom between the Sverker and Erik families, which held the crown alternately between 1160 and 1250. However, during this period the main administrative units were still the provinces, each of which had its own assembly (ting), lawmen and laws. It was first during the latter part of the thirteenth century that the crown gained a greater measure of influence and was able, with the introduction of royal castles and provincial administration, to assert the authority of the central government and to impose laws and ordinances valid for the whole kingdom. In 1280 King Magnus Ladulås (1275- 90) issued a statute which involved the establishment of a temporal nobility and the organization of society on the feudal model. A council containing representatives of the aristocracy and the church was set up to advise the king. In 1350, during the reign of Magnus Eriksson (1319- 64), the various provincial law codes were superseded by a law code that was valid for the whole country.

In 1389, through inheritance and family ties, the crowns of Denmark, Norway and Sweden were united under the rule of the Danish Queen Margareta. In 1397, the socalled Union of Kalmar was concluded under her leadership. It involved an undertaking that the three Scandinavian countries should have one and the same king.

So, atm Sweden is controlled by the Unionsråd because of the Kalmar Union.

Income:
Tax: 5.4
Goods Production: 1.4
Totally: 6.8

Military Cost: 5.8

Goal

1# SURVIVE
2# Get so much victory points as possible.
3# Expend the swedish empire.

THE NOVGORODIAN WAR

I will start out this as I usualy does in 1419 to move over all swedish troops to the Novgorodian border. Splitting them up so I got 2k at Österbotten and then the rest troops split up in Savolaks and Nyland.

Declaration of war happends 1th May 1419. Get a 2 in loss of Stability and Norway dishonour the alliance, as expected.

16th July 1419, Kola, Karelia is under swedish control. Ingermanland and Kexholm is under swedish siege.

13th Augusty 25k Novgorodians attacked the swedish troops in Ingermanland and the swedish army there had to retreat.

When the year 1420 arrives, the swedish army got +8 in warscore. +6 victories. -2 losses. +2 for occupying Kola. +2 for occupying Karelia.

The Kexholm siege continues.

15th Augusty, 42k Novgorodian soldiers attack the swedish army in Kexholm and the swedish army had to flee.

6th September Lappland rebell and troops get sent there to clense them out. Something that happends the 5th November.

As the year 1421 comes the war is: the swedish army had +5 in warscore. +8 victories. -8 losses. +2 for occupying Kola. +2 for occupying Karelia. +1 because of Danish intervention.

The infrastructure reached lvl 1 in 3th March 1421.

21th March Kexholm once again get put under swedish siege.

21th September the siege get interrupted because those 42k Novgorododians arrives, ONCE AGAIN (How to kill them??)

1 January 1422 the swedish army had +9 in warscore. +12 victories. -8 losses. +2 for occupying Kola. +2 for occupying Karelia. +1 because of Danish intervention.

Kexholm siege starts again...

In 1423 the Kexholm siege is still going on and the warscore is: +14 in warscore. +17 victories. -8 losses. +2 for occupying Kola. +2 for occupying Karelia. +1 because of Danish intervention.

Royal marriages get formed with most major powers.

And EUREUKA!!!! Kexholm is under swedish control the 20th July 1423!!!

Bam bam di dam! 1424 the warscore is: +25!!! +22 victories. -11 losses. +2 for occupying Kola. +2 for occupying Karelia. +6 because of Danish intervention. +4 for controlling Kexholm.

1424 I think will focus on trying to capture Ingermanland, but we will see if their giant army get the heck out of there first...

But as I thought I would be winninng, the danes continues to throw 2k troops against the Novgorodian 42k army... ;/

Instead of trying to take Ingermanland, I thought I would take Olonets, and after a quick battle I started the siege.

But their giant army got there and my army didnt get away in time and got totally annihlated... =/

At 1425 I got only +17 in warscore (Would have +25 without danish intervention :/ )

Peace was formed 11th November. Kexholm, Karelia and Kola is put under swedish supremacy and Novgorod pay 125 in intemides!

(YAY! =D )

And now the Sweden-Novgorod winter war has finally ended and it is time to promote Baliffs. 3 Baliffs got promoted in southern Sweden.

The swedish part of this AAR ended the 1st January 1429.

Income:
6.1 in taxes
2.4 in Good Production.

Expenses:
-1.7 in Military Cost.
-3,3 in Land technology investments.
-1.7 in Trade technology investments.
-1.7 in Infrastructure technology investments.

Total income of 0.2

64 Victory Points.

+3 provinces.

Whole the swedish realms are at the moment Catholic.

eu2swe2fm.jpg

Good work. I'm have been planning to a similar AAR a while, but never done it. So, good luck.

Charles II said:
Nice concept. Save majors for later on is my advice :)

He is doing the selection randomly. He should have no control over what countries he is gonna play. But, the majors will survive longer and the minors get gobbled up, thus leading to a greater "major" ratio per total number of countries.

Skarion,

This is a really good idea. How will you balance out the need not to get your previous country into BB wars??

I like the writing sytle, only one thing the title, do you mean the Hundred Crowns? I know no Swedish so forgive me if I am being an ass.

Update!

Small country with C, hmmm... . Ah, know I know: China :D !

Nice concept. Would be interesting to take control of those countries with some extraordinary events going on (Spain and the Exhaustion of American Mines, China and the Manchu Invasion, Austria and the Defenestration) -could be a good experiment about the real impact of these events. A human player should at last make a difference... .

mm... =)

A Houndred Crowns point on that I will hopefully have played under a houndred crowns before the time goes out =P

The BB wars I will try to protect them from myself, but if I cant do anything, then they have to survive on their own :/

Anyways, I hope the next update will be here tommorow :D

CROATIA 1st January 1429​

Croats arrived in their present homeland in the 7th century AD.

In 679, Croats entered into a treaty with Pope Agatho, and Croats accepted Christianity during the rule of Prince Viseslav in 800. Viceroy Trpimir, an ancestor of the Croatian dynasty of Trpimirovic, ruled Dalmatian Croatia. In a letter dated 852, the name Hrvat (Croat) was recorded for the first time on the Adriatic coast.
Pope John VII blessed the Croatian Prince Branimir, Croatian clergy and Croatian people in St. Peter Church in Rome on May 21, 879, proclaiming the first international recognition of Croatia.

Croatia first emerged as a nation-state in 925 when Ban Tomislav, united Pannonian and Dalmatian Croatia and was crowned the first Croatian King. In the new kingdom of Croatia, 1094 the Bishopric of Zagreb was founded. Under the archdiocese of Ostrogon until 1180, and the archdiocese of Kalocza from 1180 to 1152, Zagreb was in 1852 elevated to the rank of an independent archdiocese.
In 1102 Croatia and Hungary entered into a special arrangement (Pacta conventa), under which Croatia remained independent but recognized the Hungarian King as its sovereign.

The current king is Marcovic.

Income:
7.1 in taxes
0.8 in Good Production.

Expenses:
-3.9 in Military Cost.

21 Victory Points.

All of the croatian realms are at the moment Catholic.

Goal

1# SURVIVE
2# Get so much victory points as possible.
3# Beat the crap out of the filthy Balkan!!!

THE WAR OF BALKAN SUPREMACY.

As we started the game the croatian forces were split up so that you had 7000 infantry and 3000 cavalry in Krain and 2000 infantry and around 1000 cavalries in Croatia, and we would soon be able to use them.

The 5th January, Hungary declares war on Serbia, something we of course honours. Our 3000 troops in Croatia wait until the 10.000 army of Krain are almost in Croatia and then goes into the Serbian capital, Serbia (Beograd).

After a battle that ended in a victory 12th February, our troops are now sieging Serbia and 6000 croatians are marching to the second undefended Croatian province, Kosovo. A bloodbath is close and Croatia is going to raise to glory!!!

After Kosovo was under siege, 10000 new croatians were being recruited at home and half of the army in Kosovo is marching against the last province of Serbia, namely called Albania.

To stop the Serbians from making a peace with Hungary before we've deleted them from the map, Croatia make a individual peace with Serbias ally Moldavia, Status Quo, and then prepares for conquer everything.

Because of major losses of money the croatian state had to loan 200 gold to be able to pay for future investments.

As a 1429 comes to an end and the year 1430 comes into focus, the war don't seem to work so good on the paper. Of some reasons our victories has been deleted and only two of the defeats against a small force in Albania is registered and we now got a disgracefull warscore of -2. But this is something we will of course under the comming years will change on. :)

The 15th January 1430 the Serbian capital fall to Croatian hands, and new attempts to conquer Albania shall be made by the forces that are now free to be moved.

This continued with the fall of Kosovo the 14th February. Everything looks good except the evil forces of Serbia that are still positionated in Albania. But that is something I expect to change... He He He!!!

The 21th March, the Serbian army of Albania was shattered and in chaos. SERBIA SHALL FALL!

As the glorious year of 1430 ends, the warscore in the war between the supreme Croatia and the lousy Serbia is a total of +11, that is based on battlevictories that have given us a 5 in score, but we've lost -3 because of losess. We gained 5 warscore as we captured Serbia and we gained 4 in warscore as we captured Kosovo. Now I foretell the fall of Serbia will be within a year, let see if I'm correct! :D

The 29th June the stupid Serbian people listen to their pittfull lords cries for help and rise against the Croatian control. 6000 rebells comes into the provinces Serbia and Kosovo.

18th September 1431 Albania discover the supreme idea of living under Croatian rules and give up to the croatian forces. So now I should try to make peace or loose my dear captured provinces to these damn peasants... Hard decision... :/

I try to make peace, but to be vassals and give over all their provinces except the capital wasnt in their taste and they refused it, and within 4 days the Croatian garrison in Serbia gives up the damned rebells.

As the Serbian capital got free, they began to spit out troops and soon 10k serbians were marching towards Croatia... :/ I HATE THIS GAME!!! :(

But luck will come (Hopefully =l ). As soon as I saw that my croatian army that had been in Albania well had crushed the rebell forces in Kosovo the 13th March 1431, I knew I atleast had a chance.

The 11th December 1432 Serbia fall to Croatian hands one more after just the Croatian troops there just throwed the 10000 Serbian away down to Kosovo.

(Sorry guys, but I suddenly discover that as I was on the toilet I missed a january, so as I got my peace with Serbia the 11th December, I won't be able to report the exact numbers in the war against Serbia. I just want to say Sorry.)

At the beginning of the year 1433 Croatia had the nation called Serbia as vassals, even if the great king Marcovic of Croatia is thinking on changing it to "I'm the Croatias dump, please feed me".

But even if the vassalship could be enough, in a fall of greed, Marcovic demanded (And recieved) both Kosovo and Albania. Suddenly Croatias size has doubled in size.

Now, as Croatia raised to greatness, Maracovic decided to leave Hungary and keep his residency in the realms of Croatia. The vassalship between Croatia-Hungary is after 300 years officially, DEAD.

The comming years were calmer then I considered good, but it went okey anyways and the croatian part of this AAR ended the 1st January 1439.

Income:
3.1 in taxes
1.4 in Good Production.
0.7 in trade income.

Expenses:
-1.8 in Military Cost.
-1.5 in loan interests.

-0.7 in Land technology investments.
-0.7 in Trade technology investments.
-0.7 in Infrastructure technology investments.

Total income of -0.4

84 victory points (Thats +63 in victory score)

+2 provinces.
+1 vassal.

Kosovo and Albania are Orthodox.
Krain and Croatia are Catholic.

croatia7hf.jpg

Last edited:
Skarion,

Whay are you saying sorry for, I know that croatia is a very hard country to play and the computer got "lucky" :rolleyes: with those revolts and you still managed to double the size of your country. That is good going for any player, what I don't understand is what happened to Hungray,why did they provide no troops.

Looking forward to the next country, what letter does it start with. MORE I SAY!

I got a screwed ammount of examinations and essays comming up, so it can take some days before the next update comes around..

But the next country's first letter is a G...

Have a good time trying to guess which :)

*BBBD, Transylvania and Hungary were focusing on annexing Moldavia and Siebenbürgen (Right spelling???) and then I was alone fighting Serbia, something I was just happy to do :D

Last edited:
A hundred crowns? 400 years at 10 years per crown seems to come out to 40 crowns...

Unless you plan to tighten up the pace as you go on.

Great concept. Will have to try it for Vicky or HOI2 someday. Thumbs up!

Hopefully, you will.