• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
another tech team, for Poland:

Wùadysùaw Sikorski - 5, small unit tactics, decentralized execution, combined arms, ends '43 (his death). according to wiki, he was one of the first proponents of a blitzkrieg-like doctrine.

Alekpier608 said:
I know, but there armour, and main guns were significantly weaker then other BB 1936 ships however, and moreoever, they had almost no AA defense which gets increased by a lot between 1918-1936.
i changed the BB to 1930

Antiochus V said:
This has probably been asked before, at the start of the scenario there are ships in the production queues. These start at a below cost level and then leap up the full cost, usually ensuring that nothing can be built at the same time as them.
thats doomsday.. before it was on the low level cost.

Kennelly said:
Am I overlooking sth.?When I go to the hip.moddir.net page via the link on the first post, the download section there has 0 entries and there's only the subforum about HIP, so where do I download the HIP now exactly over there?
is fixed . you can download the latest version on the HIP-forum site.

Myth do have picture of your tech teams ?!?!

Re: ships in production at start of scenario

Loki134 said:
thats doomsday.. before it was on the low level cost.

QUOTE]

Will you be changing this in future versions?

Perhaps they could be created via event - and the the ic available could be lowered to reflect the spending on them, until they are completed at which point the ic could be released.

I worry that it screws up the AIs who are attempting to build them, it also makes having historical builds more difficult.

Hi Loki and the HIP team. Just letting you know that HIP is my favorite mod and to send my congrats to you all for a great job. Hope the 1.3a transition is going well. In the meantime I'm chasing the Japanese out of the Pacific as the US! Looking forward to the next HIP version, as are many others I'm sure.

HIP v0.76 is out !!!

v0.76 (checksum:ESOF)
- compatible for DD1.3
- 1936/ 42campaign – Interceptor, Tactical Bomber, Coastal Forts and Land Forts added for Norway
– Coastal Fort added for Greece (#Corinthe)
– Interceptor and Tactical Bomber added for Denmark
– Chile Battleship “Almirante Latorre” model lowered from 1 to 0
– Italy Battleships ‘36 lowered to ‘30
-added model names for a lot of countries (from DD1.3)
-german names of some provinces are added (language=german)
-Mobilization-events fixed
-changes of leader for Italy and Japan (THX
-infantry-techs added
-tech teams added for Poland
-added model,tech and minister pics (from DD1.3)
-minor fixes of some ai-files

Loki134 said:
HIP v0.76 is out !!!

v0.76 (checksum:ESOF)
- compatible for DD1.3
- 1936/ 42campaign – Interceptor, Tactical Bomber, Coastal Forts and Land Forts added for Norway
– Coastal Fort added for Greece (#Corinthe)
– Interceptor and Tactical Bomber added for Denmark
– Chile Battleship “Almirante Latorre” model lowered from 1 to 0
– Italy Battleships ‘36 lowered to ‘30
-added model names for a lot of countries (from DD1.3)
-german names of some provinces are added (language=german)
-Mobilization-events fixed
-changes of leader for Italy and Japan (THX
-infantry-techs added
-tech teams added for Poland
-added model,tech and minister pics (from DD1.3)
-minor fixes of some ai-files

Awesome! Downloading now. I'll give it a try after work tonight. Thanks Loki and the HIP team!

HIP v.77 is out

v0.77 (checksum:GGGV)
-fixed close aircraft support ’40 for italy
-finished with adding german names for provinces (language=german)
-started to work on a new ai-system (finished research for the ai of italy until ’45)
-ai of italy start now researching historically and other major countries will follow (some minors too)

works for DD 1.3a

tell me if you like how italy is researching ,but it is historically . i will ai bahavior add for italy and other countries will follow . but right now i want that you report me , how strong or weak is italy in your games. italy should be very weak on land / land doctrines , but strong in air and naval doctrines .

do you wnat that i add the german names for some provinces in the english language?!

Last edited:
Loki134 said:
HIP v.77 is out

-started to work on a new ai-system (finished research for the ai of italy until ’45)
-ai of italy start now researching historically and other major countries will follow (some minors too)

works for DD 1.3a

tell me if you like how italy is researching ,but it is historically . i will ai bahavior add for italy and other countries will follow . but right now i want that you report me , how strong or weak is italy in your games. italy should be very weak on land / land doctrines , but strong in air and naval doctrines .

do you wnat that i add the german names for some provinces in the english language?!

Man, you deserve a kiss on your nose ! :D

Had a HOI/DD pause for 6 months but now I can´t resist :)

another tech team, for Japan:

Ozawa Jisaburo - 7, centralized execution, naval training, carrier tactics, seamanship. in some ways, he was the true visionary of the IJN, advocating certain strategies early on that were virtually ignored until Yamamoto took them up and proposed them (and took all the credit for them too).

I'm also tempted to drop Yamamoto down to an 8, but I think that's a bit too harsh...

Taking your Advice..

Loki134 said:
HIP v.77 is out

works for DD 1.3a

Hi Loki -- trying Italy..

1. My checksum is ESOF -- same as version 0.76 -- I have loaded up 0.77, so I don't know what has happened here.

2. The whole of mainland Italy, and North Africa have not one Land Unit -- there are some in Ethiopia -- but I find it strange that there is nothing to stop anyone just crossing the borders. :confused: Is this WAD??

3. Air and Navy look similar to previous versions.

4. Played up until May 1937 -- there production stats are still 30/137 -- there has been no increase. I think that I am running a dodgy edition, so I am going to try a totally fresh reload and compare.

More later...

Cheers

Last edited:
Reloaded with Correct Checksum

Checksum is now GGGV :)

Well, playing Italy is certainly fairly depressing... :eek:

1. We have the depreciation of the Lire -- nothing really affects the gameplay - but then we have the negative GDP events -- from 30/135 IC down to 27/137 and then in early 1939, we get a hit down to 23/146. :wacko: ...and the problem is that you, as the player feel totally helpless in that there is nothing you can do to change it...minister changes do not have any relevance, unlike vanilla or other mods...

This is not to say that it is a criticism of the HIP game design -- it is how the game is designed...and historically, no doubt as it really happened.

But, as a comparison, when you play GER, there is a constant increase in all of the mil/economic parameters so that you at least "feel that you are getting somewhere."

On the whole, Italy has some great military assets -- the navy is quite powerful, and those 1938 model NAV AIR assets will do some damage to any EN NAVAL units within range -- it would be interesting to see how an MP game (with a GER + ITA human players working together -- they would both understand how ITA can help GER secure the Middle East and strike into the oil areas of IRAQ by use of expeditionary forces and extra supplies) would fare.

More as it progresses..

Cheers

The Albatross said:
Checksum is now GGGV :)

Well, playing Italy is certainly fairly depressing... :eek:

1. We have the depreciation of the Lire -- nothing really affects the gameplay - but then we have the negative GDP events -- from 30/135 IC down to 27/137 and then in early 1939, we get a hit down to 23/146. :wacko: ...and the problem is that you, as the player feel totally helpless in that there is nothing you can do to change it...minister changes do not have any relevance, unlike vanilla or other mods...

This is not to say that it is a criticism of the HIP game design -- it is how the game is designed...and historically, no doubt as it really happened.

But, as a comparison, when you play GER, there is a constant increase in all of the mil/economic parameters so that you at least "feel that you are getting somewhere."

On the whole, Italy has some great military assets -- the navy is quite powerful, and those 1938 model NAV AIR assets will do some damage to any EN NAVAL units within range -- it would be interesting to see how an MP game (with a GER + ITA human players working together -- they would both understand how ITA can help GER secure the Middle East and strike into the oil areas of IRAQ by use of expeditionary forces and extra supplies) would fare.

More as it progresses..

Cheers
yes italy is hard to play , but it is a chalange . remember greek troops took nearly half of albania against italy !!! only this shows that italy was not very effectiv with war.

Myth said:
another tech team, for Poland:

Wùadysùaw Sikorski - 5, small unit tactics, decentralized execution, combined arms, ends '43 (his death). according to wiki, he was one of the first proponents of a blitzkrieg-like doctrine.

I can't read the previous 90 pages :rofl:

It would be awesome if Poland survived like Finland... Or British events to cover the Polish army... instead of Britain gaining Anders in 1941 w/o any event