• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm still playing v0.64 UK I think the mobization event for the Brits are to weak. You should change 1,2,and 3rd Indian Divisions since deployed in India, Add a total of 17 divisions; 9th,12th, 15th, 18th, 23rd [Mot]47th[Mot],48th, 50th[Mot],51st, 52nd, 53rd, 54th, 55th, 56th [Mot], 59th, 61st, and 66th Divisions. Also as of April 1940 all Indian Divisions locked except 1st, and 5th.

Last edited:
Playing the latest version as US in '43. Britain hasn't had any problems with resouces yet. They're running at 390 IC or so out of ~450.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I read through a lot of pages in this thread and havent seen it. I installed the game earlier tonight and am trying to familiarize myself with it. So far it looks pretty promising. I am curious, however, if most of the ministers are not suppose to have traits? I noticed in game only the foreign minister and a few chief of police gave any bonus or penalties. Upon examination of the db/minister files it appears it is like this for all nations. I am curious if I did something wrong with the installation or if this is how it is suppose to be. If this is working as intended what is the purpose of removing the majority of minister traits.

I believe they removed the minister traits because many of them have an effect on IC and this screws with the amount of IC each country gets. In HIP IC is based on GDP and historical amount of spending on military, so bonuses would ruin this system. No slider movements either.

TheBob said:
I believe they removed the minister traits because many of them have an effect on IC and this screws with the amount of IC each country gets. In HIP IC is based on GDP and historical amount of spending on military, so bonuses would ruin this system. No slider movements either.

Confirmed. It's working as designed.

I'm in late '45 now in my game. Conquered Japan and the Soviets and I (US) just finished off Germany. Everything looks good so far, but North Korea, without an Army, declared war on South Korea. Needless to say, the South Korean armored division and a couple Marine divisions I left in Japan swallowed them up pretty quick.

Also - is Italy supposed to end up neutral? I don't know much about what Italy did post-war, but I'm kind of suprised they didn't join the Allies.

Czechoslovakia only gained back three provinces after the redrawing of the borders. The rest is still Soviet. WAD?

I'd still really, really, really like to see some kind of demobilization for the USSR. I have a feeling that they're gonna storm across the border sooner or later and I have no way of stopping the 500 or so divisions they've got. Is there any way anything can be done?

There is a problem with the way Free France works.
If I understand correctly Vichy releases Cameroon and Cameroon turns into France. The problem is France will end up with the leaderfile of Cameroon, wich sucks. Maybe the leaderfile of Cameroon can be changed so it contains the Free French leader.

found another bug. In the 1936 scenario Japan always starts researching tech 13000 (Advanced Agricultural Production) as soon as it is available. Because it is a 1945 tech they get a huge research penelty and need some 5 years to research it. result is that they lose 1 researchslot for 5 years

As the UK those divisions become unlocked when you go to war with Japan, after Japan declares war on the US. It can be frustrating sometimes to have 11 divisions locked, but be patient and you will soon have full control over them. Do not count on Japan declaring war on the US in Dec 41, but around then.

TheBob said:
As the UK those divisions become unlocked when you go to war with Japan, after Japan declares war on the US. It can be frustrating sometimes to have 11 divisions locked, but be patient and you will soon have full control over them. Do not count on Japan declaring war on the US in Dec 41, but around then.

Thanks, for the heads up; the 4th Indian appears in Egypt after They allow the Brits back in. But didn't both 8th and 10th Indian Divisions arive pryor to America's entery into the war in North Africa. Well I down loaded v0.67 last night an started playing that. All have one other question, when the Brits gave Egypt there freedom and moved there forces canal area and after the war starts allow them back in you show the 4th Indian Division shows up like it should but allso the core units of the 7th Armoured Division was their too it was called the Egyptian Armouered Division, it was changed to 7th Armoured Feb 1941 2 bdes + art + divisional troops around 60% strenght.
I tracked down both 8th and 10th Divisions both were in Iraq and Iran in 1941

Last edited:
Playing UK 1936 game v0.67 I'm into 1938 very nice. Two things I see that should be changed the 3rd Indian Division at Ragoon should be moved to Calcutta, and 1st Burma Division added at Ragoon. Second the RA maintained an Army around 225,000 men in 1936 you should add 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Divisions to home Island, and 8th Division at Jerusalem 7th Division move to Egypt.

If you guys are still working on the surrender events I noticed a couple things playing as the UK. When Japan surrenders, the Soviets get Manchuria by default, even if they are not at war with Japan, and they dont give Manchuria to Communist China afterwards, pretty much ruining any chance of a decent Chinese civil war.

Although, most things tend to get murky anyways by 44 or 45, I really enjoyed playing as the UK. Everyone's work is appreciated.

Thanks,

TheBob

I have noticed that no one from the HIP team has posted for a week now and that Panther G himself has not posted for three weeks. :(

I hope you guys are not slowing down or (gott forbid!) giving up on the best HoI2 Mod out there. :confused: