• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
glansky said:
What am I doing wrong?

I created the Doomsday/HIP folder, I delete the specified files, I download HIP 0.84 from moddir.

I am unable to extract the dowloaded file. I get an unreadable or corrupt file message using winrar.

Any help is appreciated.

Install 0.84 over 0.77.

I've dowloaded all three file 0.77, .084, anf the 0.84 graphics twice and the same problem.

Perhaps a third time will be the charm.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

glansky said:
What am I doing wrong?

I created the Doomsday/HIP folder, I delete the specified files, I download HIP 0.84 from moddir.

You know you have to copy your entire Doomsday into that folder right?

I am unable to extract the dowloaded file. I get an unreadable or corrupt file message using winrar.

Any help is appreciated.

Probably the download is screwed up, broke up during transmission. That happens sometimes. Please try downloading it again. Check during download what size the file should have in the end and when the download stops check if it really has that size.

About the mot. Brigade again. These problems have been suggested:

"The US and UK had fully motorised infantry divisons from the biggening of the war. Its useless to make inf then make it mot and take out the whole concept of brigades for the allies"

In this thread I've just heard positive feedback to the idea of a mot. brigade so far.
What are you saying to this? I personally disagree that the problem of not being able to assign any additional brigades to then mot. infantry units would be such a huge problem since as I already mentioned, the entire concept of adding a brigade to every single division is faulty anyway.
But I'm still open for opinions on this matter.

But one thing is final: if we introduce a mot. brigade, that will be the end of the mot. infantry division. I won't have Inf + mot AND a Inf mot. division. That would be ridiculous.

Again, the focus in HIP is not on having brigades in the way vanilla had them. We use brigade techs not only to make certain brigades available but also to give bonuses to all division types which use the weapon branch. Like all divisions will benefit from research in artillery.
We will also probably block the Tank division for all countries which will not docus their research to a "focus on fast forces" doctrine. Those countries will only be able to build tank-brigades and assign those to infantry divisions. The tank division as a concept was highly connected to that doctrine and wasn't followed in France e.g.

But again, we are open for suggestions and opinions.

KeldorKatarn said:
You know you have to copy your entire Doomsday into that folder right?

Probably the download is screwed up, broke up during transmission. That happens sometimes. Please try downloading it again. Check during download what size the file should have in the end and when the download stops check if it really has that size.

According to MODDIR the files were hacked and corrupted, I was able to get 0.77 and 0.84 and load them properly. Now I need to put the mod through its paces.

Thanks for all of the advice and assistance. Cheers!

I am currently in the process of conducting Sealin upon Britain and I am having a tuff time of it as it should be. It is currently Oct. 5 and I have 2 Pzr, 2 Marine and 3 fallshirmjager divs currently in Dover.

The entire campaign up to this point has been very good and challenging considering that I place first priority on upgrading units instead of building a massive amount of old divs.

My only complaint so far has been seeing Japaneese warships in European waters when they should not be there at all.

They should have enough to do in the pacific instead of siteseeing...

Can you guys prevent Japan and the Soviets Navies from wandering around Europe? ( Can be done by placing ignore seazones in their AIs files). TRP has done this effectively and I wanted to mod this myself )

I look forward to seeing the additions of German occupation in the East "Morgenthau Plan" and varied occupation policies in the East when Germany invades SU.

So far this is a good game that I have had and thoughly enjoyed it.

Congratulations team HIP !

Questions:

What happens if I conguer England in Fall 1940? Do they continue the fight from Canada?

How much partisan activity will I encounter?

Will the US enter the war to save England?

What is the Soviet reaction?

Bubba91873 said:
Questions:

What happens if I conguer England in Fall 1940? Do they continue the fight from Canada?

How much partisan activity will I encounter?

Will the US enter the war to save England?

What is the Soviet reaction?

So far there are no improvements of the victory and surrender event series' yet in HIP. Those are things though we will feature in the next version when we release it.

el alamein said:
@KeldorKatarn - I definitely like the idea of motorisation of units. I have always been annoyed at the fact that I can't upgrade infantry units with motorised. Your points about each division having artillery, recon etc. integrated already is very valid. I am very much in favour of having attatchable motorised brigades so that leg infantry divisions can be made useful again. Also like the idea of tank and infantry brigades. By the way, I'll be testing this weekend. Let me know if there are any specifics to check for.
Cheers

So far no specifics anymore. The feature I sent you has been dropped again in favor of a complete overhaul of the entire resource trading system.
But you can still scan for anything in general you'd like to give us as feedback.
If you are willing to put a little more energy into HIP, we need a few helping hands right now to speed up the process.
The next version we are going to release will be about the size of the last 20 versions of HIP and we really need some help to speed things up a bit. We CAN of course do it alone and we will, but that will take time. So if it remains just me an Loki, don't be surprised if the release date is christmas '07 ;)
But at least it will be a very nice christmas present then ;)

I'll certainly be happy to help out. If you need any further testing let me know.

Basically what we need help with (without telling too much yet) is research people.
We need people who can make research for the following things:

Ministers, leaders and tech teams for minor countries (African nations and very minor island nations), OOBs from the timeframe 1942-1955.
Those are the biggest issues.

If those people were also dedicated guys who can add opinions to certain discussions about upcoming features and ideas, this would help us improve what we are planning to implement.

So.. I'm open for applications for joining the team. Just PM me.
(work as much as you want and can, but you should be able to contribute to the MOD over a certain period of time and at a somewhat constant pace. We also have privat life interfere every so often so we won't expect you to work on HIP 24/7 either ;)
People under the age of 20 and planning to become full team member should have worked on a project of this scale before and tell us a little about that.)

Whats wrong download working but file format impossible to open with rar or zip. Unknown file format HIP 0.77.7z

Well, i can download Historical Improvement Mod v.77 for doomsday but its an unknown file format and won't be able to open. Seems corrupted. File is

HIP 0.77.7z

not

HIP 0.77.rar

Same with v.84. All other files have rar format and work normal