Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Merchant of Alexandria – A Fatimids AAR

Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Haha! Sicily will soon be yours!
    ç
    Fantasia for EU3 Version 1.5 is up: Now provinces are different in tax and native size.

Looking back 08/05/04 18/08/06 pit's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3

België, Limburg, looking at balen fabriek and 8 ugly windmills
    nice aar keep it up
    Never losing means never fighting!
    Morihei Ueshiba
    A dirty mind is a joy forever
    Crisis in Japanese is written with 2 brush strokes
    One translates to Danger
    The other translates to Opportunity

Rōnin and Caput lupinum Anguille's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteLost Empire - ImmortalsRome Gold
    SengokuSword of the Stars

End of 1064

In Palermo:

- Abrar! Get Ready! We leave for Tripoli tomorrow…
    - We’re not.
    - We’re not? What do you mean?
    - We still have rebels in Italy and someone has to stay there to secure that part of the Caliphate. You’re strong enough to defeat the armies in Tripoli by yourself…
    - Maybe you’re right…but let’s travel to the harbour together.
    - Deal!

And so the two armies left Palermo in order to join the coast.

Once on the sea, they parted, Abrar moving to Apulia and Anwaar returning to Tripoli. They had a lot of work to do and were preparing their men the best they could.

6 months laters, all threats had been eliminated. Anwaar had crushed the armies of Cordoba and the rebels while Abrar had ended the last attempt by the Zeta Kingdom to conquer Italy.

Peace would soon be a viable option
    A Knights of Honor story:

The Merchant of Alexandria: a Fatimids AAR

Le Schtroumpf qui schtroumpfe le schtroumpf est un gros Schtroumpf….c’est le Schtroumpf qui l’a schtroumpfé. Et si le Schtroumpf ne le schtroumpfe pas, c'est son propre schtroumpf. C'est quand même incroyable que l'on ne peut pas schtroumpfer ce que l'on veut schtroumpfer dans le schtroumpf sans être schtoumpfé de Schtroumpf.

Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteLost Empire - ImmortalsRome Gold

Economy is booming...

Caliph Shuayb had been pretty busy too...now that the frontiers were becoming more and more secure, he didn’t have to keep too much money aside for his armies. Thus he finally could invest in an Admirality in El Alamein where the precious exotic goods would arrive...

In Syria he started a huge project...his goal would be to have the finest tailors in the know world. In order to do that he first had to order the construction of a Dyes Workshop, a Hemp field and a Weaving Mill. Soon work began on the Dyes Workshop...the rest would follow.

Le Schtroumpf qui schtroumpfe le schtroumpf est un gros Schtroumpf….c’est le Schtroumpf qui l’a schtroumpfé. Et si le Schtroumpf ne le schtroumpfe pas, c'est son propre schtroumpf. C'est quand même incroyable que l'on ne peut pas schtroumpfer ce que l'on veut schtroumpfer dans le schtroumpf sans être schtoumpfé de Schtroumpf.

Fighting the Boredom

Another excellent batch of updates again - and, an admirality eh? Methinks you will be importing some exotic goods soon? I actually haven't got that far yet so i would be intrigued to see the processes from clicking on the 'golden anchor' (?) at the bottom of the screen when it's built to what you have to do after that... i plan to build an admiralty once i unite England in my AAR... so i will be watching, and learning!

Sicilian nationalists claim the country for themselves...Shuayb orders Anwaar to break the resistance once and for all.
    Anwaar obeys as soon as he receives the message...one week later his army is sailing to Sicily...

Meanwhile, in order to accelerate the works in Syria, the Caliph asked Emir Adam to supervise the project. At once, progress gets much faster.

Resistance in Sicily has been silenced and the kingdom seems safe...

In july, an Ambassador of the Cordoba Caliphate arrives:

- Sire, we see no reason anymore for this war as you’re at peace with the Zirid...will you sign a peace treaty?
    - Yes...time has come to end this nonsense...you’ll be my guest tonight for dinner.

Your political map seems to be quite interesting... Let alone the size of Byzantia is ... entertaining.
    Great update.

Angryminer
    Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!
    Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,
    ist wert, daß es zugrunde geht;
    Drum besser wär's, daß nichts entstünde.
    So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,
    Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,
    Mein eigentliches Element.

Verse 1338 bis 1343 aus Goethes "Faust, Der Tragödie erster Teil"

Fighting the Boredom

Peace on the western front with the Zirid's which is handy. I wander what your next move will be? I forsee a period of consolidation, trading and building perhaps?

Pangalactic Gargleblaster Lord Boreal's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Great work. Anwaar and Abrar are indeed great generals, I've like watching how other people develop their skills and it intrigues me to see that you have opted for the experience boosters. I usually go for the morale ones, Dread, Leadership and Conqueror. Then maybe the one that boost Stamina, Jousting and Siege equipment.

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made alot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland, and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes
    - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

As the dyes workshop has been finished, Emir Adam ordered the building of a Hemp field. The project was going well.

Meanwhile, in Alexandria, Tesla, the Empress, gave birth to another child. Both Ali (18) and Rayn (9), the other boys in the family, were overjoyed to have a small brother.

Calif Shuayb had not been present for the birth of his new child as he had to plan the construction of a harbour in Tripoli….another Admiralty would see the day.

The great competences of Emir Adam allowed a very fast construction of the Hemp fields in Syria…he then started to work on the Weaving Mills in order to produce Linen….he was looking forward to his new shirts!

Last edited by Anguille; 09-06-2005 at 10:54.

The end of the War with the Zeta Kingdom

A messenger arrives in the Palace.

- Sire, I am sorry to inform you that the Zeta Kingdom is still not willing to make peace with us.
    - This is really annoying….we have to focus on our economy…my father's goal has to be achieved.

He then spent two days in his office wondering what to do. He then told is servant.

- Ask Ibrahim and Malik to join me.
    - Yes Sire!

Some minutes later, both messengers entered the office.

- Sire? You have messages for us?
    - Yes indeed…inform Emir Abrar and Emir Anwaar to take Crete…this is a well defended city of the Zeta Kingdom…once lost, I am sure that the Zeta Kingdom will finally realise who is the strongest.
    - Yes Sire.

And so the messengers went away.

Emir Anwaar was the first to receive the message and sailed right away to Crete. He set up the camp in front of the city, waiting once more for Abrar.

Finally, Abrar arrived and they launched the attack. They had been in so many battles that they didn’t even have to give orders…the men knew what they were expected to do. The battle lasted for three days and in the end, the two marshals were victorious again.

Anwaar stayed on the Island in order to organize the new province while Abrar went back to Italy.

After such a defeat, Dragomir had no other choice then accepting to cease hostilities. And so it was…peace had finally become reality…

Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

At last that war is over. Are you going for a minor victory? Or once you gain or Kingdom Advantages are you going to choose to continue playing?

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made alot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland, and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Boreal
    At last that war is over. Are you going for a minor victory? Or once you gain or Kingdom Advantages are you going to choose to continue playing?
    My goal is to collect the Kingdom advantages....otherwise i'll still be writting this AAR in a couple of years I already have 29 word pages....

My goal is to collect the Kingdom advantages....otherwise i'll still be writting this AAR in a couple of years I already have 29 word pages....
    Lol. Well keep up the great work and you'll be there in no time. Im just testing out a few small nations to plan my AAR. Havent quite decided yet. Genoa, Jerusalem or Seljuks...

Fighting the Boredom

Another collection of excellent updates. I was wandering when you were going to be able to force peace on Zeta. They were getting bloody annoying at one stage it seems. Capturing Crete will surely give you an excellent base of operations in the mediterranean now?

Yes, Crete is great to reach both Africa and Italy fast. And well, Asia Minor is also nice to have in range... Who knows?
    I bet at least one of the advisors will tell the ruler of the Fatimids to make Crete a mighty military base...

Angryminer
    Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!
    Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,
    ist wert, daß es zugrunde geht;
    Drum besser wär's, daß nichts entstünde.
    So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,
    Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,
    Mein eigentliches Element.

Verse 1338 bis 1343 aus Goethes "Faust, Der Tragödie erster Teil"

I bet at least one of the advisors will tell the ruler of the Fatimids to make Crete a mighty military base...
    Exactly what I did as France. I used Crete as a stepping stone for my Crusades against Abbassids and Fatimids. Not proper 'The Pope has called for a Crusade!' just my own personal re-conquests of the Holy Land.

Fighting the Boredom

Quote Originally Posted by Angryminer
    Yes, Crete is great to reach both Africa and Italy fast. And well, Asia Minor is also nice to have in range... Who knows?

Angryminer
    This is a good idea... and... if you keep one great marshall (hard to choose from your Marshalls!) you will have a well defended, centrally based castle to base a 'quick response force' to deal with rebels and any further conflicts in the mediterranean.

Part 6: The Merchants of Alexandria

Introduction

Now that the main threats on the Caliphate had been removed, the royal family was able to focus on commerce. Ali was now ready to help his father.

- Father, what can I do to help you?
    - I want you to join Emir Adam in Syria…learn from him.
    - As you wish Father.

And so Ali was there when Adam started the construction of the tailor factory.

In Alexandria, there was a state visit from Mahja, ruler of the Zirid. The relation had improved since the end of the war but could still improve. Both leaders knew that.

- So my dear Shuayb…what would you suggest to improve the mood between our two nations?
    - Mahja…I do know a very good way. People are happy when they have what they need. I therefore suggest that we make a trade treaty as we have so many goods and more will come.
    - I think this is an excellent idea….our merchants will get here very soon.

And they enjoyed the sunset on the balcony.

Emir Abdush, who only traded for gold, was called back to Alexandria.

- Abdush…you know that we have a trade agreement with the Zirid caliphate, don’t you?
    - Yes Sire…
    - Well, your new mission is to go there and import Ink. We really need this product.
    - I am happy to be working in North Africa again, Milord.

And so, after some months, the first Ink bottles were stored in the city….finally, the story of the Caliphate could be written down in a correct manner.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast