• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like about Persian, but about Sweden getting Dutch... hmm.. perhaps.. if they can get there :p but there will be already 3 fighting it... btw, OE is getting berber already, but italian has the same issue as Dutch, already Spain, France and Austria fighting there, and OE will have other issues controlling the Balkans and North Africa...

Fraese,

I think its better if you were to choose a major. We need more majors imo. If we get enough to take the majors then if you want you can ask for dutch and the gm can consider it.

fraese said:
I'd like to play Dutch.
Me too :) .. but right now, according with this configuration, that country might be dismissed, as Cak said, it'd be better to fill majors' posts then we can start opening new ones if there are new players..

Alright then, perhaps we should start recruiting? Is it time to open a new game thread to let the community know what's happening in ATE?

There are a lot of games recruiting for the fall season now, so we should probably move quickly.

1am GMT works out great for me! If there's a spot open I'd love to join. I'm a total newb though and have never played an MP game so ain't got a clue what to do :wacko:

I don't care who I play as i'm just in it for the fun. If the game is running from 1am (I assume about 3-4 hrs which is fine) I'd be availabe any night except Fri (as I can't guarantee i'd be available every Fri). If I understood correctly it would be a Weds night?

Ulfang said:
1am GMT works out great for me! If there's a spot open I'd love to join. I'm a total newb though and have never played an MP game so ain't got a clue what to do :wacko:

I don't care who I play as i'm just in it for the fun. If the game is running from 1am (I assume about 3-4 hrs which is fine) I'd be availabe any night except Fri (as I can't guarantee i'd be available every Fri). If I understood correctly it would be a Weds night?

Be welcomed. I dont know if we now are needing a perm, but we are always needing a sub. Add me or The_genious on your ICQ and we will always let you know when we need a sub.

Sorry I didn't add you to ICQ sooner but I didn't realise there had been a reply :) I got mixed up with your Americans Take on Europe 2 thread. I kept checking that thinking I'm sure I posted on here!? :rolleyes:

Just so you know. I'm probably the least experienced EUII player in the history of EUII. I didn't think I was until I talked to Holistic God and now my head is spinning ;)

Ulfang said:
Sorry I didn't add you to ICQ sooner but I didn't realise there had been a reply :) I got mixed up with your Americans Take on Europe 2 thread. I kept checking that thinking I'm sure I posted on here!? :rolleyes:
No problem :) ...
Ulfang said:
Just so you know. I'm probably the least experienced EUII player in the history of EUII. I didn't think I was until I talked to Holistic God and now my head is spinning ;)
LOL... this HG always does that :p ... well, for now I can recommend you to play more SP (but a lot!!!), to know how things are running in this game, the dos and don'ts... other than that, the only different part is how you play along with other humans, diplomacy is important here (are you reading this Javier? :mad: .... :p ).... plus, in order to get to know the game in MP, better to start off with some nappys campaign, they are short and full of wars, so you can start practicing that :)

the_genius said:
No problem :) ...

LOL... this HG always does that :p ... well, for now I can recommend you to play more SP (but a lot!!!), to know how things are running in this game, the dos and don'ts... other than that, the only different part is how you play along with other humans, diplomacy is important here (are you reading this Javier? :mad: .... :p ).... plus, in order to get to know the game in MP, better to start off with some nappys campaign, they are short and full of wars, so you can start practicing that :)

Well I have been playing for a few years so know the general game its just in SP things are well ... pretty easy compared to what I've heard about MP. For instance my knowledge of Trade and Economics are lacking. I mean in SP it doesn't matter too much as long as you can afford to support your army but I know things like inflation is a lot more important in MP. I know how to trade and but am lacking in the knowledge of making a quick fortune. I think most it is down to experience in MP but I am playing SP as Portugal at the mo so gonna try and expand my knowledge a bit. I need to know more about colonies as well. I know how to send Traders and Colonists of course but don't really have a vast knowledge of where is best to go etc.

Ulfang said:
Well I have been playing for a few years so know the general game its just in SP things are well ... pretty easy compared to what I've heard about MP. For instance my knowledge of Trade and Economics are lacking. I mean in SP it doesn't matter too much as long as you can afford to support your army but I know things like inflation is a lot more important in MP. I know how to trade and but am lacking in the knowledge of making a quick fortune. I think most it is down to experience in MP but I am playing SP as Portugal at the mo so gonna try and expand my knowledge a bit. I need to know more about colonies as well. I know how to send Traders and Colonists of course but don't really have a vast knowledge of where is best to go etc.

MP is different to SP, but I think the chief difference is not economics or even war (although they are quite different), is diplomacy. People will -if is a fun game- came with all kind of crazy ideas and plotting with or against other players. I know that I expend more time in a game between sessions in diplomatic negotiations that in the session actually playing. But the only way to get better in diplomacy is playing MP. So get in any game -almost all need subs time to time- to start.

arcorelli said:
MP is different to SP, but I think the chief difference is not economics or even war (although they are quite different), is diplomacy. People will -if is a fun game- came with all kind of crazy ideas and plotting with or against other players. I know that I expend more time in a game between sessions in diplomatic negotiations that in the session actually playing. But the only way to get better in diplomacy is playing MP. So get in any game -almost all need subs time to time- to start.

Yea all true. I'd be interested to know how diplomacy works in MP. Can you still send requests via diplomats to make alliances and such things or is it all handled by private messaging or both?

Ulfang said:
Yea all true. I'd be interested to know how diplomacy works in MP. Can you still send requests via diplomats to make alliances and such things or is it all handled by private messaging or both?
The game options regarding diplomacy are the same, you can form game-alliance, sign Royal Marriages, Ask for Military Access, etc.; even you can send gifts (ducats) to improve relations, although this one is often used when you want to pay for something.

But, outside the game-options, there are as many options as the player likes; I mean, you can have an alliance with another player but without using the options, just negotiating a mutual defense pact, sign non-aggression pacts for X years, etc. There are practically no limits of using diplomacy... ;)

Ulfang said:

Well, it is better to do it by private messaging first. I definitely prefer to talk with the player before I receive a request.

Anyway, as TG said. You can do whatever deal you think about. Now you need to remember that people can -and sometimes will- break an arrangement.