• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

the_genius

Heraldo Latino
2 Badges
Jun 14, 2004
www.justiciajuvenilcandelaria.org
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
In order to avoid the hour difference between Europe and America, and the obligation of adjust our schedule and our life according to the standard Imperialistic (;)) European Time; we, the people of the New World, LatinAmericans and NorthAmericans - (Newbies also :D ), have decided to grab our battle uniforms and muskets, and fight for our rightful desire of playing MP without the hour problem, and.....

TAKE ON EUROPE!

it is an Standard MP game, where we asume control of the European Countries!! :rofl:

CommentAARies Thread Here

Stats Page Here

GM: the_genius

Host: Fraese

Schedule: Wednesday, 1:15am GMT, 3 hours. Meeting in Valkynet at 1:00am GMT.

Scenario: Ryoken's 1492 Balanced Scenario
Settings ON:
- Exposed Asian CoTs
- Southeast Asian Nations
- ToT
- Extra Cores
- Common Primary Culture

Here's the Thread of the Mod

Countries: Updated - 14-Apr-2005
France: delosandes - 245-848-369
Sweden: arcorelli - 199-215-417
Spain: Fraese - 339-782-719
Austria: DSYoungEsq - 260-292-257
Brandenburg: Cakravarti - 312-205-395
Ottoman Empire: Casluerj - 294-204-319
Russia: HolisticGod - 273-839-083
England: the_genius - 50-674-554 - albertochavez44#hotmail.com

Helluva Roster eh?? :cool

Last edited:
Rules

- Responsability with the rest of the Players and Respectability are keys here (roleplaying is allowed and encouraged).

- Play long term but not to the death, be reasonable.

- Editions will be made before the sessions aproved by the GM.

- AAR and Diplomacy between sessions are fully encouraged, by the meaning that every country/player *MUST* do a little AAR or commentary about what happened, no need of deep and long stories, just a few lines will be enough. Also, all the players will choose a winner for "the best AAR of the week", and this will get a special prize (150d, -3bb, or troops). But, the lack of it, will carry a tiny punishment (warning and a further +2bb).

- Always Playing with the Latest Beta.

- No maptrading with AI. Is allowed between humans from 1600.

- Max up to 2 humans per alliance. No everlasting alliances, please.

- Up to 3 provs for Peace and 5 if it is an Alliance, can be ask for a peace agreement (European provs = 1; CoTs = 2; Non-European = 0.5, TPs = 0). This limitation is only between Humans.

- At a -85% WS and -3 stab, a country will be forced to accept the next stabhitting peace offer.

- Special Peace Agreements are allowed (Lifting Embargo, No Colonization in a determined area, Right of maintain a Monopoly on a defeated CoT, etc; the duration of them will be at least of 15 years). Be reasonable with this.

- A Force-Vassalized Human must remained like it up to 20 years.

- Any nation that control 75% of a culture for 30 years may claim that culture as a State's, but TWO cultures can only be claimed (careful planning). Persian, Cantonese, Han and Japanese can't be claimed (except for the OE that can claim Persian after 1700). Also, all humans can claim ONE small State Culture if that culture has 2 or less provs. (r) Casluerj

- Persian provs can't be taken until 1600; Cantonese, Han and Japanese provs can't until 1700.

- A nation that control an European Provs that is not his core for 50 years and it has his State Culture, will get a core on it; except colonies with Aborigin culture. (r) Casluerj

- Spain and Portugal are restricted to their respective ToT Area, while this is in effect.

- Portugal (if it is AI) can't be diploannexed nor his capitol may be sieged.

- Galleys are only allowed in Europe.

- If Netherlands spawn, they will get 2000d, 30 Warships and 25000 troops.

- The possibility of selling/buying provs between sessions is allowed, but will get the seller: -1 stab; and to the buyer: -1 stab, +2BB.

- No switching between CRC-Catholic, only two changes are allowed.

- The GM is your friend , respect him ;).

Last edited:
Just to make official my participation. And people already took Portugal and England. Then Muscowy or Sweden.

This looks like a good day, a good time (8:00 EST if I got it correct) and a good game. Could I be pencilled in for either Austria or for Poland? Or I suppose I could take a swing at Brandenburg; it certainly would teach me how to conduct war properly. :)

I would like to avoid being a colonial power. I play them much too often in SP and in the MP games I've played so far.

@DSYoungEsq: what kind of connection d you have??

@Caslu: hey didn't you get anymore brazilians?? :(

I'll wait for more people to choose his country, to decide the final roster :D

the_genius said:
@DSYoungEsq: what kind of connection d you have??

@Caslu: hey didn't you get anymore brazilians?? :(

I'll wait for more people to choose his country, to decide the final roster :D
My dinosaur of a computer (750MHz) connects through a very nice hi-speed cable line. I always get the image of a frustrated mom trying to get her baby to eat strained peas one spoonful at a time, waiting for each bite to be chewed and swallowed, and thinking how nice it would be just to open the mouth and pour the whole jar down the throat straight! :p

Is there someone else that can host? I dont trust in my connection so much...
I would be happy with any country, so to avoid a confrontation of interests I would choose between france or spain as no one mentioned them...

BTW Great Introduction!!

@DS: ok, no prob then (I have the same situation here ;))

@delosandes: we can try your connection one of these days (since I'm not working, yayy :D) to see if you can handle it....

Also, I was testing the Ryoken's 1492 Balanced Scenario today, and I think it would be "the one" chosen for this game.....

In case you don't have it: Here's the thread where you can download it

try it and see if you like it.... too bad my AGCEEP works too slow in my PC :(

ahhh... I almost forgot... since this Scenario has a lot of choices to select in order to improve the game.... I think I have a selection for them, the only options that will be ON are:
- Exposed European COTs
- Exposed Asian COTs
- Hardcore Pagans
- ToT
- Tax Boost Mod

I do hope we won't be starting until April 6. There is a qualifier being played the evening of the 30th (I don't suppose I have to say what tournament is involved for any of the non-USA players... :cool: ).

DSYoungEsq said:
I do hope we won't be starting until April 6.
Well yes, maybe we'll start it next month in order to catch at least a couple of more victims... ejem... I mean... players ;)

DSYoungEsq said:
There is a qualifier being played the evening of the 30th (I don't suppose I have to say what tournament is involved for any of the non-USA players... :cool: ).
:eek: :eek:
This is a complete discrimination... :mad: I'm outrage... :p :rofl:

the_genius said:
This is a complete discrimination... :mad: I'm outrage... :p :rofl:
Ehm, the qualifier has to do with the tournament in your sig. ;)

It's the poor, uneducated slobs, er, that is, fellow countrymen of mine who don't know about the most important tournament in the world. :rofl:

the_genius said:
ahhh... I almost forgot... since this Scenario has a lot of choices to select in order to improve the game.... I think I have a selection for them, the only options that will be ON are:
- Exposed European COTs
- Exposed Asian COTs
- Hardcore Pagans
- ToT
- Tax Boost Mod

My take. I will put only where I disagree with the_genius:
I don't particularly like Exposed European COTs (since COT in Vendee? Maybe is better for balance but too weird. I prefer scenario setup I little bit more historical).
Common Primary Culture: ON, ON, ON. It makes colonial warfare a lot more interesting.
Extra cultures: ON sounds interesting. Makes for more conflict.
And instead of tax boost mod, maybe manpower boost option?

Poor DsYoungEsq, his love for the most important tournament is not apprecieated.

arcorelli said:
Poor DsYoungEsq, his love for the most important tournament is not apprecieated.
I'm used to it (sigh). In 1994, after watching the United States play the best country in the whole world at the game in the Round of Sixteen at the same tournament (in person, yah!!!), I remember riding the train home from the game looking at everyone in their backyards, watching baseball, cooking on the grill, totally oblivious to what had been going on just a few blocks away. My kids, with their faces painted red, white and blue, shared the train with fans wearing the green, blue and yellow of the opposing nation; everyone in high spirits despite our close loss. The contrast was a bit surreal.

Four years earlier, in Italy, a friend of mine visiting there said that work practically stopped during the games, and when the Azzuri played, you couldn't get ANY service; everyone was glued to the sets. Here, that wouldn't happen even if we were playing for the world championship in baseball. :rolleyes:

arcorelli said:
My take. I will put only where I disagree with the_genius:
I don't particularly like Exposed European COTs (since COT in Vendee? Maybe is better for balance but too weird. I prefer scenario setup I little bit more historical).
Common Primary Culture: ON, ON, ON. It makes colonial warfare a lot more interesting.
Extra cultures: ON sounds interesting. Makes for more conflict.
And instead of tax boost mod, maybe manpower boost option?
I don't like the extra cultures thing, because we have that Culture Rule Casluerj created, so I think it will be too much cultures for some countries...

well, I choose the Exposed European COTs because I found it cool and new... so, if people doesn't like it I will removed it...

also, the manpower boost I found it a bit exagerate, specially at the beginning

the Common Primary Culture... well.. yes... I think we can put it ON...

@DSYoungEsq: whoa!... that's surprising!!... good for you! :D ... it's nice to know people that love the most beautiful sport in the world

Note: check the first post, the roster is almost complete... I think we only need Spain and Muscowy and we are set to go.... ;)

the_genius said:
I don't like the extra cultures thing, because we have that Culture Rule Casluerj created, so I think it will be too much cultures for some countries...

well, I choose the Exposed European COTs because I found it cool and new... so, if people doesn't like it I will removed it...

also, the manpower boost I found it a bit exagerate, specially at the beginning

the Common Primary Culture... well.. yes... I think we can put it ON...

About culture, I guess you are right (And about the manpower boost I tend to agree too now I checked). Still not sure about tax boost.

But the option about more cores can be interesting (since it makes easier to DOW human nations after all).

arcorelli said:
About culture, I guess you are right (And about the manpower boost I tend to agree too now I checked). Still not sure about tax boost.

But the option about more cores can be interesting (since it makes easier to DOW human nations after all).

OK, I'm your huckleberry. I'll take muscovy?

arcorelli said:
I check about it... and tested it.... and I like it ;).. but I think DoWing the rest of the nohuman-nations will be too easy... so.. I'm not sure about it... if I hear another good opinion I will put it ON :D

Elijah said:
OK, I'm your huckleberry. I'll take muscovy?
good :) ... ok... BTW Elijah, what connection d you have?
I'm asking for two things, if delosandes' doesn't work or if we have to change the host someday, it will be useful to know which connection will replace it...

Another thing to everybody, since this Scenario (Ryoken's) is pretty balanced and all that, NO editing will be done starting the game....

the_genius said:
I check about it... and tested it.... and I like it ;).. but I think DoWing the rest of the nohuman-nations will be too easy... so.. I'm not sure about it... if I hear another good opinion I will put it ON :D

good :) ... ok... BTW Elijah, what connection d you have?
I'm asking for two things, if delosandes' doesn't work or if we have to change the host someday, it will be useful to know which connection will replace it...

Another thing to everybody, since this Scenario (Ryoken's) is pretty balanced and all that, NO editing will be done starting the game....

I am widely regarded as a very good host, its a 512/5000 ul/dl connect.

And my 2 cents on the exposed COT's, I prefer the standard setup.