Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, congrats! I've begun reading your work, good read so far.:)

Nice choice. Congratulations Alfredian! :)

Congratulations Alfredian! I don't often read CK AARs, but yours has me hooked - I started it a couple of nights ago and I'm already at Part 20!

The showcase is a good way of bringing attention to new AARs, but also a good way of reminding people about established AARs that have had a bit of a break, or that are on older forums.

The AAR I would like to showcase is one of my favourites, but is slightly hidden as it relates to Victoria 1. Is it worth reading an AAR based on Vicky1 when Vicky 2 has been with us for a while? Absolutely YES, as a good narrative AAR goes far beyond any limitations of gameplay.

This AAR has been going since 2007. There are historybook elements, but the overriding componants are narrative (thriller, dectective, historical). It is one of the most well-written AARs I have come across, and retains its cohesiveness and quality despite the variety of material it contains.

Time-travel, murder, brilliant use of historical figures - it can only be A Special Providence by Director

Well deserved congrats, Director! I hope you still have some readers and posters to keep you going, Director. The Showcase definitely can't hurt! I'd like to see you finish it.

Congrats Director!

Ah! Good to see some old gems come up in the light again! I think I read some of this AAR a long time ago, but it somehow slipped my mind to comment at the time(which happens oh so too often) and as such I forgot about it. Well, I can't really remember much, so this is a good chance to start again.:D Congrats Director!

Congratulations, Director! It is a testament to your tenacity that this AAR is still going, four years after its start and despite all of the real life obstacles that conspire against it. :)

An absolute gem of an AAR and I greatly look forward to finding out how things will unfold.

Thank you Alfredian - your faith in me is much appreciated.

Your point about Special Providence being, um, 'long-running' is well taken. It seems I can't do anything briefly; my last AAR (HistoryPark's Here There Be Dragons) took a fellowship, three witches, a T-Rex, two UFOs and a minor member of the Justice League on furlough to bring it down. The real jest is that SP was intended to be over with in 9 months... *sigh* I only kicked it off because it would be a short project and not take much of my time!

I've enjoyed writing it - the period is interesting because so many of the larger-than-life people in it are well-documented and photographed; there is an immediacy and a depth of feel that comes from the vast amount of information we have on this period compared to earlier times. The game hasn't been that great a challenge (I am playing as the USA) other than that little spat with Britain... and some nastiness ahead that I can't get into now.

Thank you all for your attention, for reading and - especially - for your comments.

Well done Director! Congratulations!

Having well enjoyed my weekly reign I now pass the torch to:

Porta Atlanticum, Portus Classis / An England MMU AAR by Chris Taylor (the link is here).

Congratulation, Chris Taylor!

Now post another update. :laugh:

Congratulations. This really is a fabulous AAR.

Congrats Chris Taylor!

Wow, thank you Director! What an unexpected pleasure.

Now I feel like I'm under some pressure to crank out another update. :D