Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Denikin! :)

That's unexpected, surely!

In the last few months, I didn't have much time to really read anything, and the last AARs I can remember were for pre-Revolutions Vicky and the original HoI, so their authors maybe be dead right now, but if I can't find something (ideally from someone who visited the board in the last decade) tomorrow, I'll go on an AAR frenzy on Friday night and Monday (student strike ftw). With the exams starting right now, work, and the forum I'm admin on, I might be unable to be exactly on time, but I'll see what I can do.

Deal?

It's got to be a deal after such a hilarious post! :rofl:

Congratulations Denikin!

Sorry, I'm having a hard time finding anything fitting simultaneously the guidelines, my personal preferences and my "no dead writer" policy. So I'm still looking right now... If I don't find anything quickly (meaning today), I'll scrap the guidelines, and post the one I liked the most, but I would find this suboptimal. However, I'm still on time, as I was nominated last Wednesday.

Sorry, I'm having a hard time finding anything fitting simultaneously the guidelines, my personal preferences and my "no dead writer" policy. So I'm still looking right now... If I don't find anything quickly (meaning today), I'll scrap the guidelines, and post the one I liked the most, but I would find this suboptimal. However, I'm still on time, as I was nominated last Wednesday.

sorry, i misunderstood, i thought it was a weekly thing, like u post on sundays no matter when.

So... This week's Showcase is The Großdeutsche Lösung: The Austrian variation.

An AAR about Austria uniting Germany in Victoria. A mix of gameplay and history book narrative (well, that how I saw it anyway, I am not an expert about what falls in what category), it is an interesting AAR that actually survived the regular rebel scum onslaught common when playing the Hapsburgs in Vicky (with apparently quite a bit of luck with the liberal revolution).

Oh, and Austria colonizes Africa. Austria. In Africa. From the start.

And if all of this doesn't convince you... there's an eszett in the title. End of the debate.

It's already finished, though, so you won't have the funny "What's going to happen next week?" feeling. But you also don't have to suffer from the "What's going to happen next week?" feeling, so that's a plus.

(I had chosen this one for a while, but recently noticed the author had won other prizes, but not with this AAR. I haven't found anything else, so... yeah.)

Thank you!! I'm a bit surpirsed by this award, as my Großdeutsche AAR was a very modest attempt -which I enjoyed quite a lot. Well, I'll try to find a worthy successor, I promise.

Congratulations!

Congratulations Kurt_Steiner! :)