Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Judas Maccabeus! :D

Congrats.

Again, thank you to El Pip for the showcase. Now, I believe I'm a day early, but I'll ignore that fact and make my nomination anyway. Since we haven't had an EU2 AAR here for a while, and there's a really good EU2 AAR that hasn't been nominated for this yet, that made it very easy:

The pAARiahs of Europe - Fighting for the Hussite faith by TeeWee

As you can tell from the name, this takes place during the Hussite Wars. The AAR follows Pavel, a former farmhand who was swept up in the fervor of 1419. TeeWee's characterization is already working wonderfully, not only with Pavel but the others.

Congratulations TeeWee ! I remember starting readings yours a while back and you're doing a great job ! I hope this encourages you to keep writing !

Hearty congratulations TeeWee from your constant reader :D

Congratulations TeeWee - a marvellous story you are telling.

Judas,

Thank you for this award! As you may know, this is my first AAR and it means a lot to me that it gets noticed in a crowd which already has so many AARs to choose from. This really motivates me to keep on writing even though my pace has slowed down a lot lately.

My sincere and deep gratitude also to my regular readers. Comments and recognition do really spur me along.

Now, I'd better start reading some AARs for next week's nomination!

Last edited:
Congrats TeeWee. Now i gonna take a look to your AAR - Hussite wars were very cool period of history.

Congrats Teewee. I have started reading your AAR, but I will admit I am not very far along. I will get caught up eventually.

Congratulations TeeWee :)

Thanks again to all the well wishers here. However, I believe I have forgotten one of my duties as a receiver of this award and that is to tell you something about this AAR. So here goes.

First off, the history:
This is the first AAR I've started to post. Other attempts were killed privately on my computer. From earlier attempts, I knew what kind of AAR I could not write. So I decided on an AAR with a single POV character, mainly because I've found it really difficult to find a different "voice" for different POV characters.

The choice for the Hussites for the AAR was accidental. I wanted to play the Hussites after a dismal failure as Austria. It was the first time I had ever played Austria, so I was surprised at the strength of the Hussites and basically got slaughtered by them. So my lazy self thought, what if I play the Hussite side myself? After playing for a few years, and some reading on the rebellion, something nibbled at the back of my mind. The history was so interesting, there was bound to be a story somewhere. And thus the AAR was conceived.

The story itself follows Pavel during these turbulent times. It follows his growth from a naive boy to a man who will have seen a lot in his life at the end of this AAR. At the moment, events have swept him away to a succesfully conducted siege and some battles already. Fortunately, he has the invinceable General Zizka commanding the army he is part of! However, there are hints that tough decisions may have to be made by Pavel; his Destiny is not yet set in stone...

Special thanks go the girlfriend who'd convinced me that the story was good and gave me the courage to post it here.

I will return to this place to nominate the next showcase coming Monday.

As promised, it is time to pass on the torch of the AAR Showcase. A few days early perhaps, but I anticipate being busy for the rest of the week.

Anyway, I must admit that finding the next nomination is very fun to do. It gives me an excuse to read stuff in the other AAR forums that I usually don't have time to do.

Well, here's the moment you've all been waiting for. The winner is......

Cruelty Has A Human Heart by LeonTrotsky.

This Victoria AAR tells us of events of a trench war between the British and the Italians in Sicily in 1910. LeonTrotsky has an eye for detail in his story and gives us a very good feeling of the futility of trench assaults and the exhaustion that both the people and the soldiers feel. The AAR has just started so it's easy to catch up.

I will conclude this with the honour to be the first to congratulate the winner. So: Congratulations LeonTrotsky! You're creating a great story with great atmosphere. I hope this award will help you whenever the writing gets tough, like it did for me. Keep up the good work!

Last edited: