Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, time to pass the baton. This is going to someone who has been responsible for me scouring the shops for EU3. It's really for 2 AAR's, one which was completed )albeint premarurely: Theodoros - The Little Republic That Could) and his current one - Shaybanid - Central Asia's Finest . The style and humour for me make it more than a worthy winner. So congratulations, Duke of Wellington. :)

Congratulations Duke of Wellington !

Congratulations Duke of Wellington, it is well deserved :)

Once again, one of my favourite AAR's gets picked for the showcase. Good job, Duke of Wellington!

congratulations DoW!

the thread title needs to be updated..

Congratulations Duke of Wellington!!

Hip Hip hooray for the Duke!

rcduggan said:
the thread title needs to be updated..
Patience! ;)

Go Uzbeks!

Congrats Duke of Wellington! And Uzbeks even!

Last edited:
Wow, thanks a lot Von Uber. It's great to receive this award for the AAR. Shaybanid has been an interesting nation to play and rather a fun one to write about. This is the most picture intensive AAR I've written. Its a nice easy departure from the style of my other AARs that allows plenty of humour. However I do miss being able to develop aspects of rulers and the nation that a more wordy approach allows.

All in all a very fun AAR to create and I've been surprised by the amount of feedback and positive comments. So thanks to all who are reading and commenting.

Congrats, and get back to work! The Tartars need an naive young Duke to kill! :D

Well time to pass on the torch. My nomination for this weeks Showcase is a fantastic AAR by Fingal The Safavid Empire - The Rising Sun. Following on from an earlier AAR as Ak Koyunlu it is a great tale of the Shahs of the Safavids. All the Shahs have different characteristics which show up in game through actions and events crafted by Fingal. All in all the tale is well told with nice stories behind many decisions, plenty of intrigue around the throne and a swift pace. If you haven't seen this EUII AAR already you really should.

Congrats Fingal !

Many congratulations Fingal.

Congratulations Fingal!

Thanks Duke and everyone. Always nice to get things like this!

Erm.. well time to try and read some more AARs. Times a little tight of late but then again if it forces me look around more at whats on offer it can't be bad :cool: