Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Kurt! :)

Thanks a lot, mates!

Congrats Kurt! Always deserving!

Congratulations Kurt_Steiner :)

Congrats! :)

Here we are.

And this week's Showcase goes to...

The Presidents: The Vietnam War Edition, by Nathan Madien.

This ar is a "sequel " from a previous AAR of the same author which dealt with the history of the United States through his presidents, in a very outstanding alternative (and plausible) way. Well, the Vietnam War Edition moves through the post WW2 world. As its author says about this AAR "we will see America navigate her way through the 1950s and 1960s (and perhaps the 1970s). We will see America participate in an ideological duel with the Soviet Union, with places like Cuba and even Outer Space serving as battlefronts. Domestically, America will be openly challenged by the growing Civil Rights Movement and the rise of the youth culture. As these events unfold, the United States will be drawn into a war in a place called Vietnam."

It is still going on -in fact, in its very beginnings. It's a history book like, very plausible and well told. And from time to time, you get some US president shot! :D

So, if you always wanted to know: what it would be like if FDR wasn't president of the US? this AAR and his prequel may give you a clue.

Congratulations Nathan! Well deserved!

Thank you very much, Kurt_Steiner. I appreciate it very much.

You deserve it, my friend.

I'm just sorry of just being able to give an award to a single AAR and a single writAAR.

Congrats Nathan!

Thanks again for the congratulations, everyone. :)

It is still going on -in fact, in its very beginnings.

21 pages into the AAR and I am still a decade away gamewise from getting to the Vietnam War mod.

And from time to time, you get some US president shot! :D

That's right. I have had three Presidents get shot at so far.

So, if you always wanted to know: what it would be like if FDR wasn't president of the US? this AAR and his prequel may give you a clue.

The basic premise behind the Presidents storyline is, "What if Wendell Willkie had defeated FDR in the 1940 Presidential election?" This AAR, along with the previous one, showcases how history might have unfolded had the historical loser won instead. I have to admit: even I am a bit suprised by the results.