Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Stormbringer! Excellent work in a few AARs recently. :cool:

In other news, I've updated the game standings for all time and within the last 12 mths and the numbers are perhaps instructive:

For the Glory (1) [1 in last 12 mths]
Europa Universalis II (30) [1 in last 12 mths]
Europe Universalis III (33) [9 in last 12 mths]
Europa Universalis: Rome (5) [4 in last 12 mths]
Crusader Kings (38) [8 in last 12 mths]
Victoria (49) [6 in last 12 mths]
Hearts of Iron I (7)
Hearts of Iron II (54) [16 in last 12 mths]
Hearts of Iron III (2) [2 in last 12 mths]
Diplomacy (1)
Galactic Civilizations II (1)
Knights of Honor (1)

As you can see, HoI2 remains popular, which is great! However, we might try and think about spreading the love around a bit more if possible. EUIII, Vickie and CK have some fans, to be sure, but they could use a bit more attention if anyone has the time to check them out. Goodness knows the writAARs there would love to see it. :D After all, let us recall the purpose of this award - to showcase an AAR that may not get the attention normally. It is to help a writer get a few more eyes. Nothing wrong with rewarding a great AAR with plenty of followers to "get it on record" as it were. But let us not forget how big this place is and as much as possible, we wish every author to get some kudos one way or the other. The showcase has always been a great effort towards those purposes. :)

EDIT - I should also mention a great thank you to all of you who had to pass the award on this past year. Out of 52 weeks, the award was passed on 47 times. That's just 5 weeks missed out of the whole year. Way to go!

Last edited:
As you can see, HoI2 remains popular, which is great! However, we might try and think about spreading the love around a bit more if possible. EUIII, Vickie and CK have some fans, to be sure, but they could use a bit more attention if anyone has the time to check them out. Goodness knows the writAARs there would love to see it. :D After all, let us recall the purpose of this award - to showcase an AAR that may not get the attention normally.

What are these elusive 'Other AARlands' you speak of? most certainly, machinations of the devil himself! :D

Keep the Awaard in HOI2 guys, for we are the Covenant of light in these dark times! Praise be the lord! Protectionism is the best form of -ism!

-TRP

Well, it has been a week or so and I am going to pass the torch to another great writer. I know that I am supposed to pick a different game/genre but the only non-HOI2 AAR I read has already gotten lots of praise here. So instead I am going to pick Colonel Ironboot's Speak Lithuanian or Die! (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441813)

The AAR has everything a good AAR should have - great gameplay descriptions, lots of humour to keep the readers entertained, and lots of interactions with the readers. Those of you who haven't read it yet need to check it out.

Congrats Ironboot!

And yes - a pick outside HoI2 would seem to be a good idea next time around. ;)

Congratulations :D !

Congratulations Ironboot :)

Congrats Ironboot!

And yes - a pick outside HoI2 would seem to be a good idea next time around. ;)

...After which we'll fetch it right back, and pass it among eachother for another month or six prolly :p

Congratulations!

-Laurence

Haiti, Mon Pays by Boffski

Thanks again, everyone! I am honoured, and will be much more honoured, if you vote Speak Lithuanian or Die! for Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2 in the AARland Choice AwAARds 2009 :D

Monday rolls in, and General Popeliucka of the Lithuanian Army has to pass the torch to someone outside Hearts of Iron. It must be noted that I've only played Victoria for two days, whether HoI has been my hobby and my passion since the HoI1. This problem made my choice hard and long.

It shall be EU3 who will receive the honour of AAR Showcase this time:
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present

Haiti, Mon Pays

A EU3 AAR by sir bofski, its idea being a lone country of Haiti resisting colonialism and imperialism: written in letters - the form I enjoy as well - great looking maps, screenshots from the game and pictures of those times neatly combined in bofski's updates.

Yes, it is a small and new AAR, but I believe it is important to support the beginners, so that they would have extra motivation for writing their AARs, rather than old comrades who're well-known.

Congratulations, bofski!

Nice choice! Congratulations bofski!! Also, our prayers go out to the real people of Haiti and all those who are risking life and limb to assist in the aftermath of the disaster in their land.