Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey, congrats Joe!! Great to see you still cranking them out after soooo many years. :D

Reading an AAR by Storey is like cracking open a bottle of well-aged Dom Pérignon.

Lord Durham said:
Hey, congrats Joe!! Great to see you still cranking them out after soooo many years. :D

Reading an AAR by Storey is like cracking open a bottle of well-aged Dom Pérignon.
And you do mean well-aged. :p ;)

First of all thanks for all the comments and it looks like it’s that time of the week again. I had several AARs out there to choose from and it was difficult but I settled on one in the EU3 forum that is a must read for the new player. It reduces much of the number crunching portion of EU3 into something even someone, as math challenged as I am can understand. It covers the broad strategic aspects of the game while showing the various tactical maneuvers that can be used to accomplish these long-term goals. It’s written in a casual, easy and enjoyable style so my congratulations to Morgon1988 and his AAR. The European Union inside Burgundy – lessons learned

Joe

Storey said:
It’s written in a casual, easy and enjoyable style so my congratulations to Morgon1988 and his AAR. The European Union inside Burgundy – lessons learned
Joe

Ahemm, Joe, you must be kidding :wacko: . Thanks - looks like the report from my third EUIII game ever opened means something for some people.

But let me first congratulate you on your AAR - a most enjoyable read by any means. I admire your endurance - given your setbacks I would have killed my cats, thrown the computer out of the window, sold my wife and get seriously drunk for 2 weeks at least :p .

Stupid question - it is hopefully not me deciding on the next AAR of the week? Please?

Regards

Thorsten

Congratulations there ! Looks like a great beginner's guide indeed ! I believe that if you've won the showcase you should definitely try to be the one to choose for next week ^^ . One of the great aspects of these awards is that it's run by the winners and thus by the community so that there's no cabalistic nature to the thing and we get wonderful new insights into the plethora of new authors and indeed it's how newer authors such as myself at the beginning of the year started to get a glimpse of what the bigger community was like . So aside from civic duty , the other great thing about the award is that it opens your horizons to the great multitudes of works out there to scour to find your successor . Unless of course you have some impending real life concern like a vacation or something that would make you busy ; otherwise it would be a great honour to your benefactors and fans when you too go out and search to be , yourself , a benefactor . Good luck , sir , and once again , congratulations !

Morgon1988 said:
Stupid question - it is hopefully not me deciding on the next AAR of the week? Please?

Regards

Thorsten

Yes not only do you get fame and fortune (uh well forget the fortune part) for your AAR you also get the thorny task of finding your successor. So start looking. :D

Joe

Congratulations.

Storey said:
Yes not only do you get fame and fortune (uh well forget the fortune part) for your AAR you also get the thorny task of finding your successor. So start looking. :D
Joe

Okay. Have taken the post of canonized and looked at the rules - so it´s up to me. And I already found one - in a completely different game and at a completely different style, but an astonishing one for a lot of reasons :). But I will wait the usual time ...

Regards

Thorsten

Great choice. I've been enjoying Morgan's AAR since the beginning. Congrats.

Hardraade said:
Congratulations, Morgon1988!

Thank you all (blushing) :)

Regards

Thorsten

Congrats Morgon1988! :) - For not being born in 88' and still having the number in your nick though :mad: :p

General Jac said:
Congrats Morgon1988! :) - For not being born in 88' and still having the number in your nick though :mad: :p

1988 just have been an important year for me.

Regards

Thorsten

Weekly AAR showcase - 1914-1924 British interests; British honour ...

I have the honour to choose for the next weekly AAR showcase. A lot of AARs made it a difficult decision, but as a historically interested I really enjoyed a HOI I (mod) AAR most. It can easily be read as a history lesson (albeit a bit biased), the author has put a tremendeous amount of effort into putting game developments into a historical plausible context and the considerations around in game moves read like real history. I know its not the first time the author is awarded, but after two years its time for a renewal :p . My congratulations to Allenby for a wonderful read experience and an AAR that really shows what dedicated authors can do with a game report: 1914-1924 'British interests; British honour; British obligations'

Congratulations Allenby !