Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations!

Much deserved, Bornego! Congratulations!

Congratulations, Bornego! I've enjoyed all your AARs and this one is no exception. Even though it's not history as we know it, you always manage to convey a sense of the issues that were so crucial in the Russian Civil War (poorly trained Red armies vs. high-quality-but-lower-numbers White units, the importance of the rail network, the patchwork of participants - sometimes allies, often foes). Besides that, you manage to make the intimidating monster that is RUS look almost manageable. ;) And fun - even if I don't know I'll ever manage to play the game properly, I always leave your AARs reminded of how much fun there is to be had, if only I could find the time and perseverance... :)

Thank you all! And most importantly, thank you PrawnStar! This award means even more coming from an author whose AARs I greatly admire.
When I started writing RUS AARs, I wasn't sure anybody would read them. And while the view count can't compare to that of the great HoI or EU AARs, it is quite encouraging to see that it got a few people interested in a game I greatly enjoy.

Now I have the pleasure of passing the torch along. It's never easy to choose. More importantly, it seems most of my favourite AARs are written by authors who are recent award winners. This was the case with Saithis' Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR, Philo32b In the Shadow of Certain, Painful Doom: Abyssinia and loki100's "The Mightiest Empires Fall": An Austrian RoP PBEM. These are all fantastic AARs which I can only recommend.

Luckily, there is one AAR I love that hasn't received any of the weekly awards yet. This is all the more surprising since it is one of the most popular AARs on this forum. I am of course speaking of CptEasy's latest installment in the Carnage series: Carnage Al Dente - A CptEasy multiplayer AAR. It is one of the rare mulitplayer HoI AARs and has the added benefit that one of his opponents, Zid, is regularly contributing as well. Both authors write exceptionally well and somehow manage to grab screenshots in the heat of battle. If you haven't read this epic AAR yet. You really should - it is full of suspense and exciting twists.

Congrats!

Belated congrats to CptEasy and the Carnage team, and also to Bornego!

Last edited: