• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Time for a new nomination then? Keeping to MP AARs, but switching to the Rome forum, I suggest We Three Kings. Three veterans of the AAR forums, all together now!
I am sometimes amazed by the lengths to which readers will go in an attempt to trick writers into writing an update. :D

...at least it beats the nobel prize for literature.

As I am representing half of the rest, thank you for this nomination :) At least this nomination has been the kicker to get the final parts of the AAR in :D

Given that Jarkko and Wyvern are too lazy to read even one AAR at random to find a candidate for this week, we are using the one man - one vote principle; As you can probably guess, I'm the man with the vote, and my choice isn't completely random. :)

And my vote goes to Golden_Delicious' Farewell to Vowels - House Cynfyd AAR. Not only does it have a snappy title, the author does us the favour of playing through both good times and bad and commits enough errors (whether they be deliberate or not we leave to the reader) that he avoids the "minor nation transforms into a world-straddling superpower in just a few generations" complex.

Errr, that's not to suggest that House Cynfyd fails to turn into a superpower, it is just to say that it takes 8-12 generations to get there.

Last edited:
Congratulations ! :D

Well done Golden_Delicious, congratulations!

Time for a new showcase, methinks. ;)

Congratulations