Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks again to Griffen for the honor of his nomination!

For this next week, I would like to recognize Thrones by Phargle.

This is simply the most amazing AAR, and it is in a style that is about as different from mine as you could possibly get.

In fact, calling it an AAR doesn't really do it justice. This is high-quality literature that happens to include plot elements from a game. Reading it, you get the feeling that you are seeing an introductory work from a future great novelist. So if you haven't seen it yet, please check it out.

Congratulations, phargle. :)

Thrones is getting a lot of attention lately - and justly so. Much of it is of true literary quality and actually better than many books that are in print. Consider it strongly for the ACAs, people!

congrats phargy!!

Congratulations Phargle! Thrones is spectacular and your skill at writing probably outweighs you skill at comedy. For debate I'm sure... Long may it continue!

Enjoy the week, phargle. Excellent work with Thrones. Congrats!

Congratulations Phargle!

My heart's a-flutter. No, seriously, I saw this thread and it spiked my adrenaline. I am not even kidding. I . . . I don't know what to say. Thank you. I am so amazingly unworthy, and don't deserve any of you, and I'm so proud to be among you. This is deeply unexpected and deeply appreciated, to a degree I cannot adequately explain.

The evidence says you are incorrect, sir: good work wins the approval of the readers. And you have done good work and will continue to do so because if you drop this AAR now I will personally...

Ahem.

Congratulations to you! Well deserved. :)

Makes you want to run right to your computer and write and write and write, doesn't it? These awards are sneaky that way. ;)

Truly deserved to a WritAAR that masters the hardest styles of AAR-writing to almost perfection.

Last edited:
Congratulations Phargle :)