Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Guess its time for me to pass the awAARd on. Though there are many AARs worthy of praise. None more so than The Medieval KISS-AARmy - A MusicAAR About Nothing - by Evil Santa. Evil Santa has truly written a noteworthy AAR which parodies all the strange events that happen in CK. I suggest you head on over there and listen to the music and sing along in the lyrics.

The Medieval KISS-AARmy - A MusicAAR About Nothing

Congratulations Evil Santa!

Congrats Evil Santa. I have started reading your AARabia-sounds of the desert, so I guess I will have to check out this one.

Great work EvilSanta, congratulations :)

Thank you all and especially Dysken for nominating me.

Well, few words about "KISS-AARmy". It is an AAR told only with relyriced hit songs, mostly from 70s and 80s with music styles varying from disco to hard rock. Doing it isn't as hard as it might look. First I play CK for several years to get enough screenshots to use. Then I bundle them together, (marriages to one update, wars to another etc) find a good song (usually only fitting chorus is required) and start working on lyrics. The lyrics are very loosely, if at all, connected to each other and my ruler doesn't have any personality I try to bring up. In one update my ruler can be killing his relatives and in other having a drink with his pagan subjects.

"KISS-AARmy" also has an EUIII brother that is largely same concept. In it I am trying to highlight my nations trading tradition but otherwise it is as random as "KISS-AARmy"

Congratulations!

I got a little question here. I know how it says in the first post that you shouldn't choose AAR from the same game you received it but is this a "rule" or more like "advise"?

It is now time to name my successor. Before I get around to actual nominating I would like to highlight another wonderful CK AAR (which I wont nominate as it would conflict against the rules) It is thrashing mads wonderful Mega-campaign that he started as his first action in these forums. I dont really read much more than comedy but this has hooked me. Now you who havent already, take a look at the The White Eagle

(Am I allowed to promote AARs that I am not nominating?)

Anyway, lets go around to actual nomination now. This AAR has had me laughing for many months now. The WritAAR had a long pause from the AAR but has recently come back to it to give us a good laugh. This AAR has very absurd plot where demon from the Underworld is ruling England to conquer all the COTs of the world.

Ladies and gentlemen, the AAR I am talking about is of course All your COTs are belong to us: an English AAR by Fnuco.

Congratulations Fnuco! Enjoy your week!

Congratulations Fnuco :)

I got a little question here. I know how it says in the first post that you shouldn't choose AAR from the same game you received it but is this a "rule" or more like "advise"?

It's more like "strong request unless you absolutely can't think of anybody else" :looks at Phargle: A simple search through my list proves it hasn't always held true, but it's the ideal.

(Am I allowed to promote AARs that I am not nominating?)

I'm not sure everyone should do it, but as you're the first in two years no harm done. :) I think promoting AARs really belongs in the Central BAAr but the moderators would have the word on that. :)

Congratulations, Fnuco!!

Congrats Fnuco

thank you, thank you, thank you, you're far too kind!

a few words about the AAR, ok here it goes:

i feel comedy AARs is one thing we cannot have too much of. So i just wanted to make one of my own, and voila! It's heavily based on dialogue, most of it between Mammon(the main character) and somebody else, such as pages, generals, kings etc. A character that many readAARs seem to have liked a lot is Fluffy, Mammon's dragon. It occurred to me that i kind of neglected him, so now he is making his comeback as an overweight sidekick, probably getting a spin-off in the not-so-distant future.

So, if you enjoy crude humor, gay jokes, and one-liners shamelessly stolen from shows like Simpsons/Family Guy/American Dad, you should definitely check out my AAR. Comments are always welcome.

Thanks EvilSanta for having chosen my AAR, thanks to all my readAARs and thanks to all who congratulated me so far or will congratulate me in this my week of glory.

Fnuco has left the building!

Congrats Fnuco!

And given that I have been lazy around here for quite a while I believe, congrats to everyone I havn't congratulated already too.