Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations!

Thanks!

And now that the week is up: I will nominate This Is Madness 2. The only fully interactive AAR I've ever really gotten into reading.
Congratulations, CzokletMuss!
Congratulations CzokletMuss!
Congratulations!
Congratulations!
Thank you very much for this nomination and thanks everyone for kind words! :) I'm deeply sorry that I missed the moment when I was given the nomination but you know, Christmas and everything. Shall I wait with my nomination until Wednesday or should I do it right away?

Once again thanks everyone and I hope you'll enjoy the story - it's just the beginning and it would probably take >9 mothns before I reach the year 1820 :)

I think you can do it whenever you want, it used to be Saturday but changes every now and then!

Technically, it's Sunday – though awards tend to operate on a "better late than never" policy so, if Sunday isn't possible, as soon as is possible is wonderful.

Having said that, in this instance tomorrow would seem a good place to turn over. :)

(Belated) congratulations, CzokletMuss!

Technically, it's Sunday – though awards tend to operate on a "better late than never" policy so, if Sunday isn't possible, as soon as is possible is wonderful.

Having said that, in this instance tomorrow would seem a good place to turn over. :)
Ahem. Right. So... Sunday it is then! :)
(Belated) congratulations, CzokletMuss!
Thank you! :)

Congrats, CzokletMuss! It's a really great effort, that AAR of yours.
Thank you very much, Qorten :)

As for my own nomination: I nominate "Up to the Euphrates and Tigris - An Egypt AAR" by Attalus.

Why you should be interested in it too? Well, it's not only a well-written V2 AAR but it's also one of those AARs in which the author really puts a lot of work in every chapter. And it shows - nicely edited, with lots of informative screenshots, photographs and paintings from the era and historical snippets. The campaign is interesting on its own considering position of Egypt and has a lot of potential. Most importantly however, you can really see that the writer enjoys writing it :)

Congratulations Attalus and may your heathen Sultanate of Egypt burn Saint Markos bless you!

Congratulations, Attalus! :)

Well done, Attalus!

Congratulations Attalus!

CzokletMuss said:
As for my own nomination: I nominate "Up to the Euphrates and Tigris - An Egypt AAR" by Attalus.

Why you should be interested in it too? Well, it's not only a well-written V2 AAR but it's also one of those AARs in which the author really puts a lot of work in every chapter. And it shows - nicely edited, with lots of informative screenshots, photographs and paintings from the era and historical snippets. The campaign is interesting on its own considering position of Egypt and has a lot of potential. Most importantly however, you can really see that the writer enjoys writing it

Congratulations Attalus and may your heathen Sultanate of Egypt burn Saint Markos bless you!

GreatUberGeek= said:
Congratulations, Attalus!

Nikolai said:
Well done, Attalus!

DensleyBlair said:
Congratulations Attalus! Very well deserved.

Athalcor said:
Congratulations!

Tanzhang (譚張) said:
Congratulations Attalus!

Avindian said:
Congratulations, Attalus!

Thank you CzokletMuss for the nomination and thanks everone for the congrats :)
I would never have imagined to be nominated just two weeks after starting my little AAR but well it seems taking part in some interactive AAR can have its advantage :p Kidding aside, I did not expect it, really. It had been a while I wanted to start an AAR, it goes back as far as when I was playing M2TW so it goes back to an old time to say the least but I never found the motivation before. Moreover I never felt confident enough to write a good AAR in English especially after the great French ones I had read and that I could not equal.
But well, while working on my history of the XIXth century I fell upon Muhammad Ali and the Oriental Crisis, decided to read about what he did and then said to myself, why not ? I hope I will be able to resume it when I got some spare time and that my computer decides to recognize once again my Hard Drive ... :p

So I have until Sunday to choose an AAR I find a good read and want to put under the spotlight ?

I nominate Real Roman Renaissance - An ahistorical AAR of the madmen in Roman cultured Iceland by alscon

Why should you read it. First I think the title says it all : Romans in Iceland led by mad men. Isn't is sufficient in itself ? :p
Seriously the story is really interesting to follow and the author often changes the narrator to see alternative POV inside the Imperium. The writing is good (reminding me a bit of one French narrative AAR in M2TW) and the characters are each ... unique :D
And I feel that this work needs to get more views and commentaries that what he got right now.

So everybody I think you all now what to do now ;)

And Congrats to alscon and may the De Insania always be mad rule the Imperium !