• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Evens. :) One of the top people about. :)

Congrats on the showcase, Evans. Well done!

Well done Evans. Another triumph for the TGW mod. A really fascinating AAR.

It is very well deserved Evans, congratulations :)

Congratulations Evans! Another AAR I need to check out.

Congratulations, Evans!

Your AAR looks quite fascinating! Interesting to see WW I through an HOI perspective, rather than Victoria.

Great job!

Rensslaer

Well, it's my turn to nominate another AAR :wacko: I'm afraid that being back at uni this past week has taken time away from my reading time, but I've done my best to have a look. However, nothing in my mind beats the premise and chaos in Sir Humphrey's 'Under the Crimson Skies' – A California AAR

Congratulations, Sir Humphrey. I can never figure out how you keep so many quality AARs going at once. Keep it up, whatever you're doing. :D

Congratulations Sir Humphrey, this sure is deserved. You write many great AAR, and this one is deserves a showcase, so again congratulations :)

Congratulations, Humphrey! Like Coz said, I don't know how you keep up with so many AARs and your other projects but keep it up!

Its a great honour that the Crimson, as its effectionatly known has become the Weekly shocase AAR, something of a very rare and very dignifed treat. I would like to thank you Evens for this great honour. :)

What can be said about Under the Crimson Skies? To be blunt bordering on direct, its an account of the collapse and subsequent implosion of the United States during the 1930s because of regional prohibition, state regionalism, federal incompetance, and a whole host of other issues that have been covered the past 40 updates. It has changed alot since it started, going through a number of phases, and in some ways it has matured since it began, like an old port.

Overview? Well the AAR began really at the start of the 20th century, though greater details begin after the end of the Great War. In so far as influenza, regional prohibition, regionalism, the states clambering for more power, and Utah. Utah, under mormon control introduced Smiths Laws, which united Church and State. The federal government used force to put it down. In 1928 Alfred Smith became President, beating Hoover. Smith - a catholic was despised in the South and the mid west and went along way in causing the Florida to secede. Like a pressure cooker, the secession crisis began, with Florida and spread across the South which includes up until now: Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama and MIssissippi. Texas formed an independant republic, so did California. Louisiana broke away as well. The pacific northwest states of Oregon and Washington formed Pacifica, but soon fell to Communism. Utah was crushed, and the mormons being subdued once again. And Hawaii being seized under a League of Nations mandate. Battlefields stretch across the North American continent, there are bombings, and zepplin raids, including form the USS Akron, which in every way was a flying aircraft carrier.

All in all, its madness, insanity and alot of fun. So whats next? Well hopefully a few more bits insanity, madness, secession, some novella elements, international involvement, and the flow on effects of the this great cataclism that has been seen the US almost collpase, alot more coming soon. :)

Thanks everyone who had made this possible, and kept me going for so long. :)

Congratulations Sir Humphrey, an award long coming for an excellent AAR.

Sir Humphrey said:
Its a great honour that the Crimson, as its effectionatly known has become the Weekly shocase AAR, something of a very rare and very dignifed treat. I would like to thank you Evens for this great honour. :)

Not a problem my friend, no need for thanks beyond the AAR... but you could at least have learnt it's EvAns not EvEns by now... ;)

coz1 said:
Congratulations, Sir Humphrey. I can never figure out how you keep so many quality AARs going at once. Keep it up, whatever you're doing. :D
Yeah, I'm with Coz on this one! Thoroughly baffled! But they're great works.

I've poked through Crimson, and will be back to absorb more. I love the whole setup, atmosphere, premise, etc. I just love the '30s in general!

Also reading through Sacred Grove.

Congratulations!

Rensslaer