Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, I guess I'm a day late in the pronouncement of this week's AAR showcase. For that, I do apologise. But, I think it is well worth the wait, because this week's AAR showcase goes to one of my favorite AARs running in the forums right now. This week, we'll be jumping out of the HoI run-around we've been in and going to Victoria. The showcase goes to, of course, Treppe's magnificent AAR, Libertad o Muerte!

Congratulations old fruit :)

Congratulations!

Congratulations Treppe!

Well done Treppe. Congratulations!

Deserved congratulations.

Gratz! :)

Well this award truly hit me out of nowhere. I hadn't expected an honor like this at all.

Therefore I like to thank demokratickid for the nomination but even more so for his dedicated readership. Furthermore I like to thank all my readers who give me the motivation to just do another update, especially the little but dedicated group of regular readers and commenters who not only motivate me in dire times but also give useful hints and insights into south american history.

When I began writing on "Libertad o Muerte!" one year ago I didn't had a special story in mind, I just wondered what would happen if Argentina joined the Piratini Republic against Brazil. With this point of divergence and my basic modding skills I just started of. First I chose a rather uncommon writing style. To every screenshot and/or event I wrote a short story told from the point of view of one of the participants. I enjoyed this writing style very much, but it soon became clear that it was much harder to maintain than writing more objective history-book like updates and that many readers didn't liked it as much as I did for the absence of a leitmotif. And thus I abandoned the fictional historical sources style updates and continued with the history book style updates.
In the past twelve month the shape and faith of Argentina changed multiple times in only 28 ingame years (1836-54) in which a miltaristic expansionist Argentina under President-Dictator Rosas conquered half of southern South America followed by a reactionary absolute monarchy under Carlos I. from the House of Bourbon who renamed the country Platinea, who built the first railroads and factories in South America but who was also extremely repressive and thus became overthrown by a liberal revolution in 1849 lead by students and supported by Prince Juan and the military high command. After the revolution King Juan I. accepted a most liberal constitution and the liberals won the first elections appointing José de San Martín as Prime Minister. In these first years of freedom and liberty Platinea experienced an unbelievable cultural and industrial boom with a growing rate of immigrants from europe coming to Platinea.
And now the next general elections are upcoming, with liberals and conservatives in a close race head to head, making the outcome too close to call.
[If this brief summary made you curious, head over and get enthralled by the beauty and the flavor of a rather differen south american AAR. I would recommend to read the summaries about Rosas and Carlos and then continue with the following posts]

I'm sorry for a lack of major action in the last few updates but it wouldn't be wise nor very funny to go frim war to war or from revolution to revolution without periods of consolidation and economic growth. But I can promise you I wouldn't focus on economic growth and maxing out immigration alone for the rest of the game (even as it seems to be the best option).
Furthermore I will try to break up my history book updates with some "fictional historical sources" from time to time, to put again some flesh onto the frame of history book updates.

So I guess I've written enough and therefore no personal stuff this time.
I will most probably anounce a successor this evening.

Many many congratulations , sir :D great speech !