Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The time has come for me to pass this award onto a new AAR.

I've decided to give the award to a writer who may well be the newest on the forum.

The new Weekly AAR Showcase is Onze Plaats in de Zon: The Rise of Frederik de Grote (van Holland)

This AAR only began yesterday but it has already had three fine updates and I'm really enjoying it. I'm sure Tanzhang (譚張) is going to go onto to be a well known writer here on the AAR forum and I wish him the best of luck with his AAR.

Well, I don't know what to say other than Thank you very much! Receiving any award from anyone is an honour enough for me, but to receive one so early (in both the AAR and my AAR writing "career") really means a lot to me. :D

Thanks to Tommy and everyone who has read my AAR and commented, and to the Vicky II AAR Community at large seriously guys, I'm speechless :D

Congratulations Tanzhang! :)

Congratulations Tanzhang! :)

Congrats! :)

Thanks to Tommy and everyone else for giving me and my AAR its own "Plaats in de Zon" for a week; to everyone who read my AAR due to it winning the showcase thank you and I hope you stick around! :)

For my successor I decided early on that it would be yet another V2 AAR, I read what I play and right now I'm playing V2, also the V2 AAR community is still in it's infancy yet it has managed to produce some good quality AARs, I hope with further recognition the V2 AARs will continue to gain the recognition they deserve.

Of the seven or so V2 AARs I'm following at the moment this one ranks in my top three; It tells the story of a small, landlocked African nation in the middle of nowhere (or "where the sidewalk ends" to quote Rensslaer) as it struggles with relentless Egyptian aggression (ie. the need to "show them a few mountains" every now and then), the need to civilise in an ever changing world (China a Great Power?!) and bringing the Industrial Revolution to their little corner of Africa, despite their utter lack of Iron (as espoused in the title).

Without further ado it is my great pleasure to award the fifth ever Weekly AAR Showcase for a V2 AAR (and only the second for an Ethiopian AAR) to...

No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion

An Empire Well Under The Sun by Aldriq

Well deserved Aldriq, my Congratulations :)

Congratulations aldriq! Well deserved by such a great WritAAR as yourself. :)