Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Isca! :)

I can only add the following to the general applause here:

In April I was really surprised by the writing of a Magna Mundi user who gave me a couple of sugestions for some implementation. You see, even as a non native english speaker, I have this illusion that I can write excellent english texts given I have the motivation and the time for the effect. A week later I was open mouthed at the quality of his proposed event descriptions. There was no way I could write better than this guy! I even have doubts I can do so in Portuguese than him in English (shudders!). Here was a truly exceptional someone!
He got promptly invited to beta test what was by then the most complex part of the mod and he did so perfectly, with clear, easy to read and even funny assessments. All the beta test was a breeze.

Since then, his analisys of the mod have been the most important feedback the team considers when changing or tweaking implementations. Reading him, even in the rare instances when he bloddy disagrees with oneself is pleasure in pure form.

Congrats John!

Lordban said:
This Week's AAR Showcase is Birth of a Salesman by Isca.
To add my voice to all the praise, congratulations to isca for his comic masterpiece. Isca has surprised and delighted me with the consistent quality and regular output of his work, and I fondly hope to see many more from him. It is always a pleasure to read and often very useful to see how my events have played out in his capable (some could argue, too-capable) hands. I can only add that I am in awe of his ability to find the time to do this in addition to holding down two jobs.

May you write many more!

Well, I feel it's time to pass the torch. I had a good time delving into the various games (some of which I don't event play ;) ). The one that caught my eye was an HoI2 History-Book AAR. It had some typical good features:

1. Well-written (shows talent!)
2. Good pace (shows an interest in his audience!)
3. Regular updates (shows dedication!)

It also has two features which I think make it stand out:

1. It has a HUGELY deep background story. You actually need some dedication just to get to the start of play! It's rich. I think a good history book AAR needs that feeling of depth. Not as though you're being told everything, but that there is so much information that the author is just sifting the most important bits out.
2. It's edgy. It's about a racist, fascist America attempting to expand its hegemony. It's a WWII game, but through the late 30s, it's just history. If you didn't know WWII was around the corner, you would never guess it. It's degree of local focus is wonderful, as is its reliance on political tension (which ain't easy in HoI2!!!). I started to read and thought, 'Oh dear... the Confederacy... ummm... okay.' But it draws you in. DON'T BE PUT OFF! It's worth the investment!

The author is Volga. Congrats, Volga!!!

This Week's AAR Showcase is To Live and Die in Dixie by Volga.

Congratulations Volga!

isca said:
Well, I feel it's time to pass the torch. I had a good time delving into the various games (some of which I don't event play ;) ). The one that caught my eye was an HoI2 History-Book AAR. It had some typical good features:

1. Well-written (shows talent!)
2. Good pace (shows an interest in his audience!)
3. Regular updates (shows dedication!)

It also has two features which I think make it stand out:

1. It has a HUGELY deep background story. You actually need some dedication just to get to the start of play! It's rich. I think a good history book AAR needs that feeling of depth. Not as though you're being told everything, but that there is so much information that the author is just sifting the most important bits out.
2. It's edgy. It's about a racist, fascist America attempting to expand its hegemony. It's a WWII game, but through the late 30s, it's just history. If you didn't know WWII was around the corner, you would never guess it. It's degree of local focus is wonderful, as is its reliance on political tension (which ain't easy in HoI2!!!). I started to read and thought, 'Oh dear... the Confederacy... ummm... okay.' But it draws you in. DON'T BE PUT OFF! It's worth the investment!

The author is Volga. Congrats, Volga!!!

This Week's AAR Showcase is To Live and Die in Dixie by Volga.

:eek: To say the least I am very supprised, and increadably thrilled at the same time! Never expected to actualy get an award, too bad you all couldn't have seen my face and the whole jumping for joy part, good thing I guess... Err, anyway. Thank you so very much for this honor, its has certainly made my day after another curmy day at work, though it wouldn't be anything without the dedication and patience of my readers, who have stuck with me through thick and thin, the origional ~ To Live and Die in Dixie ~ Revolutions and two previously failed HOI AAR's, you guys are the greatest! and thank you isca for the nomination!

Last edited:
Congratulations Volga!

Congratulations !

Congrats Volga!

Well done Volga, congratulations :)

Congratulations Volga! :D

Congratulations to both Isca and Volga.