Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Farquharson said:
Yes indeed, congratulations DoW - a very well done AAR for a difficult and unusual country. And for those famous Extra Revolt Events, I'd like to nominate DoW for Madman of the Week as well! :D

I concur. Lets lock him up. But somewhere with internet access, so he can continue writing. Congrats DoW!

awesome AAR :) i just recently got a chance to read it :)

Great work

Its time to pass on the showcase then. This weeks AAR is another in Europa Universalis II. It is of everyone's favourite nation, The Byzantine Empire. Fortunately this AAR doesn't stay true to history in fact it follows an alternative course placing a well known historical figure in charge of the faltering Empire during the Mongol Empire Scenario timeframe. It is of course Byzantine's Khan. A story filled with vivid descriptions, great places and of curse excellent characters. Well done Amric.

Congratulations, Amric! :)

Well first off, I want to say congrats on YOUR nod, DoW....I've been a little lax on what I've been reading lately, due to my new job and my eyesight...and to thank you for this nod as well. I think, since I am here, I'll explain to those who haven't read my tale what the concept is...

My idea was what would happen if Genghis Khan, Temujin, had been brought to Constantinople as a young lad instead of molding the Mongol Hordes into a massive fighting force that conquered much of the world? Instead he becomes a Christian and takes on the challenge of 'restoring' the empire to it's former glory and power. This is set in the Mongolian Empire Scenario, hence the timeline is appropriate. Will he be able to do what he has set out to do? He only has limited time. He isn't immortal. This is a limited size AAR. When he dies at the time he did in reality, the story will be over.

Right now we are still in his youth as he learns his way about Roman ways and their means of war. Soon enough he will be old enough to really start his 'campaign' of restoration...

Congratulations Amric, sounds like a great story. I shall have to go and take a look at it :)

Nice Amric. I need to catch up with your latest posts, but this is indeed a worthy selection to be highlighted. Congrats, sir!

That is a fascinating setup, Amric! I'll look forward to checking it out.

Congratulations!

Rensslaer

Good show Amric, well deserved.

Joe

Thank you all again for your kind words. I'm going to have to do some serious reading, somehow and select a good tale to supplant mine for the showcase. I have to admit I haven't done a lot of reading lately due to my eyes. But I'll find a good one.

BTW, there is a new update for Khan that I just put in this evening...

Congratulations Amric.
iconclap7ga.gif

Thank you. I found a new writer I'd like to promote and for a reason. His style is still a bit rough, but I want to encourage him and its a funny story and a rather nice concept. Who is this person? What is this tale? I'll tell you....

Surrender the Booty! by The Real Deal.

It's a tale in the EUII forum...

It deals in pirates...and aliens....it's new, but it has potential and so does the author. So The Real Deal here you are! A weekly showcase!

Congratulations, TRD :)

Congrats TRD. Ho ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Congrats, TRD. Just discovered it myself yesterday. Nonsensical and quite funny. We can always use those! Great job. :D

Seems like a very entertaining AAR. Good work, congratulations The Real Deal :)