Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats robou! :D

Many congratulations.

Congratulations Robou!

This AAr is off to a really good start. :D

huh? what happened? I leave the forum for a day and things already begin to get out of hand! In this eventuality, i guess a speech is in order. Well what to say... i really didn't expect to see this AAR win the award while still little over a week old, but on that front, i guess a big thank you to the furball known universally as The Wookie is in order so thank you Wookie! ;)

I guess i will give modesty a quick shortcut just here to say that i do believe, without a doubt, that this has so far been my best written History-Book AAR, though still with only 3 updates that is hard to tell. Experiences learnt from the other two, including my own personal thoughts and the great support of all my readAARs, have shaped my writing style into something permanant and with enough substance. I hope that some of my readAARs will agree, and if they don't tell me!

Ok back into modesty mode. Thanks are in order to many people. On the background scene i must thanks canonized and Comagoosie for their great efforts to keep me writing, and i think canonized has come close to wanting to hit me for being a bit stupid at times! If so, now is your chance pal :). Other than that, Quirinus needs a thanks from ages ago for keeping on track, and all my readers, and i won't give a list but you know who you are! Pat on the back and a milkshake on me!

I won't go into details of why i wrote this and why i continue, but you can come see for yourselves. I make a habit of replying to every comment, even if it is just a 'thank you' ect. so don't read and not comment! The more you comment the more i write, generally, and that dosen't mean you can endlessly spam to make me write Comagoosie! :D

Anyways, this award really means a lot to me, and has significantly cheered me up. Unfortunately my companion for 14 of my 15 years, that being my dog, passed away yesterday so i have been a bit low. This really helped to kick start me back into action, and thanks for that. I guess i better get reading on who will follow next week.

Thanks everyone again, and those of you who read, i hope you continue to enjoy! Oh and emperor_krk, i of course have learnt a history lesson, which is always nice :). Though perhaps my Prussians are different... didn't think of tha... *static in ear as managment team talk to him* ... oh they are the same. You win.

Rob :)

EDIT: I forgot to say the simplist thing! :eek:o Thanks to everyone who congratulated me! :p

Last edited:
Right, i am about 5 hours ahead of scedual, but seeing i have some time i might as well do this early. Now some might accuse me of favouratism after me winning the FotW from this guy, but i can assure everyone that it is not and his AAR is excellent. I am of course talking about PrawnStar, writer of:

During the timeframe so far he has expanded, skillfully diploannexed his was to power and then gone on a never ending conquering spree that is fun to watch. Well explained, not over-complicated and well played!

Congratulations PrawnStar!​

Congratulations PrawnStar !

Congrats Prawnstar! :D

I read this AAR from start to finish today. (I guess that's what the showcase is for. . . ) It's a lot of fun. Go check it out if you're into successful gameplay AARs written with a light touch. Heck, go check it out even if you're not into that stuff. It's easy and digestable.

Congratulations!

Many congratulations. A fine gameplay AAR.